Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,785,170 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,192,726
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

6 posts found
  HellCaster

Advanced Member

OP  7/29/11 11:14:08 PM#1

After a conversation with an old friend on past game experiences Warhammer came up. At the time I couldn't recal the class i played years ago so it irked me until I had looked into it. Any way it turned out to be a Zealot.

In the process, I discovered that the accounts are switching into Origin accounts and after going through the process I noticed that I had 14 days credited to my account, that is, if I resubbed. Of course the option to cancel is there before being billed. So after downloading any logging in I must admit I am seeing far more folks on then I thought I would.

My Zealot is still there but I've rolled a new Marauder (Destrucition FTW!) and am enjoying the experience and would encourage anyone to take a second (or first) look at this game. I am pleasntly surprised with the return experience!

Playing: Nothing ATM

Kabaal

Apprentice Member

Haggis Humper

7/30/11 12:49:52 AM#2

The new 80-100 renown ranks and gear that goes with it have pretty much killed PvP in the game outside of T1 and 4. The majority of people try get as little xp as possible on the way there and as much renown so that they are as close to RR78 by the time they hit 40 so they don't get 2 and 3 shot by the 80+ players. Capping empty keeps is the name of the game these days.

I was on my 27 Shaman the other day and was only a few thousand xp off of leveling so i wandered out of the t3 Warcamp in Empire to kill a couple of rats just to get the level. Next thing i new i had people standing beside me saying things like "Stop!" or "What are you doing!?!". It really is quite silly.

Always keep your words soft and sweet, just in case you have to eat them.

Lyulfe

Novice Member

Patiently waiting...

7/30/11 12:58:42 AM#3

Unfortunately Kabaal is completely correct. This game is plagued by a dizzying myriad of horrendous design decisions.

The only way I could see this ever having a revival while the IP is held by EA/Mythic/Bioware is if SWTOR is such a ridiculous success (no guarantee of that of course)  that they allow Bioware to remake it from the ground up with all the money they have laying around.

HellCaster

Advanced Member

OP  8/03/11 9:27:50 PM#4

Well that would explain all the folks camping out at the war-camps forever and a day... makes sense... reminds me of working to cap out AXP in Anarchy Online because it's easier at low levels then waiting later, different motivation though.

Playing: Nothing ATM

VoxTrooper

Novice Member

8/04/11 5:58:23 PM#5

double post

It is best for the industry the MMO throne remains an dusty empty seat never to be filled.

VoxTrooper

Novice Member

8/04/11 5:59:11 PM#6
Originally posted by Lyulfe

Unfortunately Kabaal is completely correct. This game is plagued by a dizzying myriad of horrendous design decisions.

The only way I could see this ever having a revival while the IP is held by EA/Mythic/Bioware is if SWTOR is such a ridiculous success (no guarantee of that of course)  that they allow Bioware to remake it from the ground up with all the money they have laying around.

Its funny cause EA is in debt.

It is best for the industry the MMO throne remains an dusty empty seat never to be filled.