Trending Games | ArcheAge | Trove | WildStar | Forsaken Uprising

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,870,252 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,597
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » I m downloading again, Class questions

6 posts found
  dlevel

Apprentice Member

OP  6/20/11 6:11:52 PM#1

Hello,

After all those MMOs i m planning to give warhammer one more try ( after like 2 years ). I wanted to know how is the Class balance nowadays and what class to choose? I think i had 30somthing dark elve mage before i quited, should i keep playing that or try something better ( pvp mainly ).

Thank you.

WhiteCross

Apprentice Member

6/20/11 6:17:57 PM#2

DO ET!

I posted a few days ago "The Return".

I'm really loving WAR. I've been away for a year and a half. Class balance is much much better now. I like the new ORvR rules.

Keep in mind, Renown is king now, so keep your eye on that. You can actually double your Renown if you work on it. 

Either way, WAR is fun fun fun.

dlevel

Apprentice Member

OP  6/20/11 6:46:17 PM#3

what do you mean double my renown? you mean is easier to get rr?

and about classes? i mean should i stick with my DE mage? or go something else? ty

kaiser3282

Tipster

6/20/11 6:55:29 PM#4
Originally posted by dlevel

and about classes? i mean should i stick with my DE mage? or go something else? ty

Theyve made several changes to ORvR which makes renown somewhat easier to get, and also removed the old RR caps. It used to be your RR could not exceeed your XP level until you were like 32 or 35. Now starting from level 1 your RR can be double your XP level. Most people grind away RR and shoot for RR 78 at level 39 so they can hit RR80 quickly at level 40.

They also changed the Tiers so that Tier 4 is now considered level 40 only (you can go into the T4 zones and RvR before 40, but youll get owned easily. T4 Scenarios are level 40 only).

ABout your DE "mage" (think youre referring to a Sorceress?). Sorcs are still good as are their counterparts BWs. It depends though what your XP/RR levels are. Most people have found it easier & faster to just start a new toon and work their way through the tiers and take advantage of the new RR bonuses and double RR cap to get to 40/80 rather than bringing back an older high level / low RR toon and trying to compete with people your level but 2x your RR and trying to catch back up before hitting level 40.

dlevel

Apprentice Member

OP  6/20/11 6:58:24 PM#5
Originally posted by kaiser3282

Theyve made several changes to ORvR which makes renown somewhat easier to get, and also removed the old RR caps. It used to be your RR could not exceeed your XP level until you were like 32 or 35. Now starting from level 1 your RR can be double your XP level. Most people grind away RR and shoot for RR 78 at level 39 so they can hit RR80 quickly at level 40.

They also changed the Tiers so that Tier 4 is now considered level 40 only (you can go into the T4 zones and RvR before 40, but youll get owned easily. T4 Scenarios are level 40 only).

ok got it, thank you.

i remember that you couldnt get your RR  passed your Lvl. So the caps are still 40/80 ? i guess i ll keep playing with my 30 lvl player i m bored to start over.

kaiser3282

Tipster

6/20/11 7:00:05 PM#6
Originally posted by kaiser3282

ok got it, thank you.

i remember that you couldnt get your RR  passed your Lvl. So the caps are still 40/80 ? i guess i ll keep playing with my 30 lvl player i m bored to start over.

See my edit about your sorc before sticking with that level 30.

Also, the normal cap is 40/80, but theres also an RvR progression pack you can buy which increase sit to RR 100 and gives you access to amongst other things, new equipment for RR 90 and 100.