|2 posts found|
OP 5/04/11 3:13:22 PM#1
So I was going to try the 14 day account reactivation to see how the game is now. I havnt played in over a year. Would like to know a few things from people that actully play the game. My main was a tier 4 Knight of the Blazing Sun but was thinking of rolling a new toon.
1. How is the population in the middle tiers and end tier?
2. how is the class balancing now?
3. Have they changed siege mechanics at all?
4.How has the game progressed over the last year or two.
Now I'm sure this post will have the multitude of people shouting about how this game is horrible and is dead and all that but what I'm looking for is a fair assessment of the game. I enjoyed the game when I did play and am hoping to have some fun this time around again.
5/04/11 7:23:17 PM#2
1. All servers are supposed to have good healthy populations now but I can personally only speak for the US servers. The middle tiers are less populated than tier 1 and tier 4 but they are still populated enough that there is always something going on in the RvR lakes.
2. Oh you know people still complain about this and that as in any game but I feel things are pretty balanced.
3. Yes, now controlling BOs for a certain amount of time means resource carriers spawn, someone on your side needs to give the carrier orders so that it runs to your keep or warcamp and when it gets there it feeds into a bar that when filled gives your keep a star. This can be repeated up to 5 stars. There are different perks to different star levels. At 4 stars however your keep can spawn a siege ram. This is when you can assault the other keep since the way it is now only a ram or a skaven rat ogre (T4 only) can damage doors. Siege weapons were buffed and can be placed anywhere. You can also jump on a tamped manticore or griffon and go bomb the enemy keep now too. Some people don't like the new system but I personally do since it's not a matter of just zerging down the front door anymore.
4. Once again I think the status of the game itself is pretty good. People point to merged servers and go "game is dead oh noes!" but I personally, having played WoW, STO, LoTRO, DDO, AoC, Rift and EQ2 in the past year, I haven't found a game with PvP as good as WAR. I personally wish they normalized the PvE and PvP gear somewhat to give people more of a reason to PvE since that portion of the game is neglected but it's ok since the main reason I play is for the PvP.
Also if your KoTBS renown rank is high then play him if you want but if not you might be right in rerolling. They removed the renown limit for lower levels so now you want to have as much renown rank as you can before you hit level 40 because if you get to T4 and have low rr then you will get destroyed.
One more thing, Tier 1 is now 1-15, 2 is 16-26, 3 is 27-39 and 4 is 40. You can go to higher tiers earlier if you want but expect to die a lot.