Trending Games | The Crew | Neverwinter | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,837,625 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,220,961
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » I'm looking to resubscribe

19 posts found
  jsw40

Novice Member

OP  4/11/11 9:41:23 PM#1

How is the game doing? Is the combat still fun for a Bright Wizard? I left off in Tier 3.

Also, any one able to p.m. me a buddy invite? Or I can p.m. you my e-mail, either works.

Zolgar

Novice Member

Where is fancy bred? In the heart or in the head?

4/11/11 9:50:37 PM#2

From what I understand they are down to two NA servers and 2 EU servers.

Tier 3 is absolutely dead, and SC pops happen every ~4-6 hours. The majority of the players are either in T1 as free players, or in T4 at end game, so there's hardly anyone between T2 and T3. You could check and see if you have a 10 free day come back available on your account.

If you check out their forums you'll see mostly doom and gloom, but that's to be expected with the state the game is in.

0118 999 881 999 119 725... 3

ltank

Novice Member

4/12/11 10:29:53 AM#3

While it is true that T2 and T3 have less players than T1 and T4. The main reason scenarios pop less is because usually people are out RVRing instead.

Zolgar

Novice Member

4/12/11 10:34:07 AM#4
Originally posted by ltank

While it is true that T2 and T3 have less players than T1 and T4. The main reason scenarios pop less is because usually people are out RVRing instead.

When there's people on.

ThomasN7

Apprentice Member

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” - Mordin Solus

4/12/11 10:45:45 AM#5

I don't understand why they do not make this f2p business model. I bet so many would come back atleast to try it out again. I know I would.

ltank

Novice Member

4/12/11 12:56:37 PM#6
Originally posted by Zolgar

When there's people on.

Like now....mid day on a work day.

kaiser3282

Tipster

4/12/11 8:56:57 PM#7
Originally posted by SaintViktor

I don't understand why they do not make this f2p business model. I bet so many would come back atleast to try it out again. I know I would.

It pretty much already is F2P with the endless free trial. Play as long as you want in T1 for free, but have to pay to unlock the higher level content.

AzusaNakano

Novice Member

4/12/11 9:29:41 PM#8

Are there a lot of palyers playing this game?

kray0n

Novice Member

4/13/11 3:37:46 AM#9

I think everyone gets a free 14-day trial after 90 days of inactivity. Just launch the patcher, log on, and you'll be redirected to re-activate.

Mmocount

Novice Member

4/13/11 3:53:37 AM#10
Originally posted by AzusaNakano

Are there a lot of palyers playing this game?

Depends how you look at it.

The US is down from 63 servers shortly after release to 2 servers today. However those servers still have a fair pop at the moment.

neorandom

Novice Member

4/13/11 4:25:40 AM#11

redacting from 63 to 2 should have at least one of those servers packed, unless the game is rotting stinking dead!

Zolgar

Novice Member

4/13/11 4:27:29 AM#12
Originally posted by neorandom

redacting from 63 to 2 should have at least one of those servers packed, unless the game is rotting stinking dead!

Most people are either in T1 (mostly free players) and T4. At peak times you can occasionally find people RvRing in T2 and T3, but other than that T2/3 are completely dead. Especially T3. It's a topic that pops up every week on their forums.

ltank

Novice Member

4/13/11 2:47:04 PM#13

Most people are either in T1 (mostly free players) and T4. At peak times you can occasionally find people RvRing in T2 and T3, but other than that T2/3 are completely dead. Especially T3. It's a topic that pops up every week on their forums.

While I will admit that I have not played T3 since my return a week ago due to not having any toons in T3 I do still see the crossed swords on the map indicating fights there. As for T2 there seems to be plenty of action there most of the time on both US servers.

kaiser3282

Tipster

4/13/11 6:33:27 PM#14

While I will admit that I have not played T3 since my return a week ago due to not having any toons in T3 I do still see the crossed swords on the map indicating fights there. As for T2 there seems to be plenty of action there most of the time on both US servers.

Dont listen to Zolgar, he either doesnt play or is playing on a dead server. I returned a little over a month ago and am on Gorfang Server and have been playing multiple toons throughout T1-T3. T2 and T3 are fine, and no i dont play during peak hours. At its lowest point in the night we (Destro) will be down to between half a WB and a full WB of destro + other smaller groups roaming around in private parties with their guilds & friends. Order numbers tend to get really low between about 2AM-7AM EST but then they start showing back up in force (at approx 7 AM this morning we suddenly jumped from Order getting 150%ish AAO to Destro having AAO in 2 seperate zones and some nice battle sbreaking out at the keeps).

T1 destro is pretty dead in off peak hours, but Order has tons. T4 has lots of people on both sides pretty much 24/7, though i believe Destro usually outnumbers order there.

Things have been changing back and forth a lot though with plenty of new & returning players as well as vets rerolling alts. Each week it seems to fluxuate between Order or Destro dominating each tier, then the next week it switches. SO dont be bothered by the fact that you might see low pop on your side a couple of nights in a row, chances are if you give it a few more days or make it up to the next Tier youll see a big change. As I was going through T2 when i first returned it was almost completely dead most nights except for me and about 5 other regulars. Now in T3 theres 20-30 of us that are on pretty much every night around the same times and have been doing lots of RvR together + all the other "outsiders" that pop up here and there and arent a part of our core group.

Anyway, to sum it up. I left WAR about a year ago, returned a month ago, and the game feels more alive and populated now (on Gorfang at least) that it did on my previous servers when i left a year ago. Just to compare, when you go to the login screen and pick a server. Every server has the XP bonus icon (blue / red) trying to entice people there due to low pops. Gorfang doesnt have that XP boost, and hasnt in awhile, because it is well populated.

If you think the game is dead and theres nobody to fight in T2-3, my several thousand kills every week (playing almost entirely during offpeak hours in the middle of the night) would like to ask "Wtf game are you playing?".

Decadentia

Advanced Member

"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices."

4/14/11 12:19:17 AM#15
Originally posted by kray0n

I think everyone gets a free 14-day trial after 90 days of inactivity. Just launch the patcher, log on, and you'll be redirected to re-activate.

Can anyone confirm the free 14 day trial for old accounts?

Edit: I tried to resub and it requires a promo code, so I don't know about this 14-day thing.

Equintin

Apprentice Member

4/14/11 12:25:45 AM#16
Originally posted by Decadentia

Yes i have been playing on my old account with the 14 day.Its not a trial its a welcome back, trial accounts have limitations and in this 14 day there are no limitations.Personaly tho i think i wont be playing after the 14days theres just noone for end-game stuff and the pvp never pops unless you like playing T1 toons then all the free bees are still playing

Mmocount

Novice Member

4/14/11 1:01:35 AM#17

Originally posted by kaiser3282

Anyway, to sum it up. I left WAR about a year ago, returned a month ago, and the game feels more alive and populated now (on Gorfang at least) that it did on my previous servers when i left a year ago. Just to compare, when you go to the login screen and pick a server. Every server has the XP bonus icon (blue / red) trying to entice people there due to low pops. Gorfang doesnt have that XP boost, and hasnt in awhile, because it is well populated.

Well to be fair, you did just come back right at the point two of the 4 last servers were merged into Gorfang, which A) made it very crowded for a while and B) due to being able to switch sides there as well now made it the place to be instead of Badlands.

Decadentia

Advanced Member

"I haven't a particle of confidence in a man who has no redeeming petty vices."

4/14/11 1:18:20 AM#18
Originally posted by Equintin

Yes i have been playing on my old account with the 14 day.Its not a trial its a welcome back, trial accounts have limitations and in this 14 day there are no limitations.Personaly tho i think i wont be playing after the 14days theres just noone for end-game stuff and the pvp never pops unless you like playing T1 toons then all the free bees are still playing

How do you get the 14 days free? I logged into the site, says i need a code.

Edit: Nm, with the game client it redirects you, though only 10 days.

Equintin

Apprentice Member

4/14/11 1:23:20 AM#19
Originally posted by Equintin

How do you get the 14 days free? I logged into the site, says i need a code.

Edit: Nm, with the game client it redirects you, though only 10 days.

Go to your account on bottom says upgrade should have the 14 days there