Trending Games | World of Warcraft | ArcheAge | Diablo 3 | EVE Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,622 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,214,939
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
63 posts found
  ltank

Novice Member

4/20/11 3:53:07 PM#41
Originally posted by Mmocount
Originally posted by ltank

All you have is opinion and speculation.

I love the Irony in this from someone projecting a possible upturn just because DDO managed.

Simple facts are, this game has seen no significant population increases and has only shrunk servers continuously since the initial startups. The last server mergers being incredibly recent.

Now go to the store, by some of the new virtual pets they added to the store, and be happy playing.

Once again your reading comprehension fails you since I never projected an upturn. I said it seemed like things were getting better and I am monitoring population counts to try and back up that feeling. Somehow in your world that is predicting sunny skies and a bright future.

Thelow

Novice Member

OP  4/22/11 4:01:50 PM#42

All servers has renown expbonus due to lack of players. You figure ^^

kaiser3282

Tipster

4/22/11 5:33:06 PM#43
Originally posted by Thelow

Not on Gorfang last I checked.

ltank

Novice Member

4/23/11 12:54:21 AM#44

Wrong. BTW is that engrish?

UNH0LYEV1L

Novice Member

4/23/11 2:10:55 PM#45

I just resubbed my accounts man i didnt realize what i was missing the PvP in this game is so much fun and its a lot more balenced these days.  Having a blast.

Spiritsever - AR/Ele - The Secret World
Ashmaker - Ranger < Prophets > - Age of Conan - #1 in Kills
Sweety - Sorceress < Infinite Darkeness > - SWTOR - 2.6K PvP Rating
??? - Pilot - ??? - EVE
Symir - Swordmaster - Warhammer - RR100
Dreadnaught - Rogue - Rift

Ghost021

Apprentice Member

"Never take a gamble you''re not prepared to lose." - Abdul Goldberg, rogue trader.

4/23/11 6:50:28 PM#46

To all the people saying that GW doesn't have a clue about mmo's... people get your facts straight.. you don't have a clue in the first place. GW has one of the best and most rich MMO and RPG storylines going around ( and i don't like the spin that WAR took in the Warhammer story ) .

The problem here was always Mythic with their launching of an unfinished product, i was there since beta and played a Bright Wizard ( among other classes ) to its fullest and only when the new AoE chars came did i left, as it was too much to take in, you had 2 or 3 lvl 5 chars popping others in PvP and that was really bad, along with the quests issues and lack of people / content in the beggining.

I do hope the game is going better as i am still divided in between resubbing or trying RIFT out s This is perhaps the only "WoW" sys-based game that i played and actually had fun in it.

Mmocount

Novice Member

4/24/11 12:50:08 AM#47
Originally posted by Ghost021

To all the people saying that GW doesn't have a clue about mmo's... people get your facts straight.. you don't have a clue in the first place. GW has one of the best and most rich MMO and RPG storylines going around ( and i don't like the spin that WAR took in the Warhammer story ) .

The problem here was always Mythic with their launching of an unfinished product, i was there since beta and played a Bright Wizard ( among other classes ) to its fullest and only when the new AoE chars came did i left, as it was too much to take in, you had 2 or 3 lvl 5 chars popping others in PvP and that was really bad, along with the quests issues and lack of people / content in the beggining.

I do hope the game is going better as i am still divided in between resubbing or trying RIFT out s This is perhaps the only "WoW" sys-based game that i played and actually had fun in it.

I don't see any correlation between a rich IP and the thinkers behind that IP suddenly knowing what makes a MMO tick. Warhammer Tabletop gameplay is in no way whatsoever similar to MMO mechanics. That's the part they no doubt left up to Mythic.

lethys

Novice Member

4/24/11 12:58:39 AM#48
Originally posted by Loke666

maybe I just start Rift.

WAR's future doesnt seem very bright

Eve would have closed down in 2004 or 2005 if people thought like that. 

If you like the game play it. Let me look in my crystal ball for your future: You will die. Until that you can at least have as good time as possible. Every game and every human are in fact slowly dying if you let yourself think like that. Try to focus on now instead of later, you will have a lot more fun that way both while gaming and living your life (no that doesn't mean you should sabotage your later life but you own your future you to have some fun that you can look back to later).

Do you enjoy your time in WAR? Then play it. If any other answer than a sure loud yes then try something else 

This post made me sad.  I don't want to die.

emota

Advanced Member

4/25/11 1:55:00 AM#49

Starting areas are very busy, dont listen to the naysayers. I did several of the chapter 1, 2 and 3 public quests yesterday evening. This is a massive improvement on a year or so ago. A friend also returned with me last night he has a high lvl char and he had lots of population where he logged in!

Good news if you ask me.

Swanea

Novice Member

4/25/11 2:18:57 AM#50

I would help how they just condensed the servers a few months ago (or so) that it's better population wise on those fewer servers.

Ghost021

Apprentice Member

"Never take a gamble you''re not prepared to lose." - Abdul Goldberg, rogue trader.

4/25/11 3:27:26 PM#51
Originally posted by Mmocount

I don't see any correlation between a rich IP and the thinkers behind that IP suddenly knowing what makes a MMO tick. Warhammer Tabletop gameplay is in no way whatsoever similar to MMO mechanics. That's the part they no doubt left up to Mythic.

Not really, GW as been involved for long in the making of Strategy/RPGs long before the time of their first successfull Blood Omen for example or the DoW series. THQ is a good example of a good union between GW and a software producer, the story is there without the need to be adultered, as was the case in WAR. I was a case for wonder that GW allowed that or that such a poor quality title was thrown out in the usual DPS/Tank/Healer/Caster system.

THQ prooves that it is possible to throw away the usual systems and make something of quality, many many people play DoW and DoW II up to this day in multyplayer mode, the sequels are becoming refined and its no doubt the prelude for a MMO with the quality that the Warhammer world deserves, not the usual WoW crap system. It shows that GW has learned from one mistake and not for the first time, Bioware are good storytellers and it shows that WAR has a chance as a game, it is now up to the players, and in no small measure to Bioware too.

There is no MMO mechanics when it comes to producing something, thats the usual way of thinking coming from people without the slightest shed of imagination, when you produce a game there are only 2 things that  limit you, your skill as a programmer and your imagination, a game, whatever genre it is, is nothing but another form of telling a story, how do you choose to tell it and implement it are the most important factors in your games success, the fact that all stick to the usual WoW system is the sole confirmation that the player base in the genre is usually weak and prefer to be spoonfed with the usual crap copy and paste games.

When you really believe that GW hasn't got a clue... man go  and read their books, play a bit their games and then come back with something aproaching a plausible coment on what they are doing and what WAR could be.

Panther2103

Hard Core Member

4/25/11 5:59:43 PM#52

So uhh, how is the population in this game? I wanted to play it again, and if it's going to go down soon I don't know if it's worth playing again. But I remember having a lot of fun.

kaiser3282

Tipster

4/25/11 6:56:26 PM#53
Originally posted by Panther2103

So uhh, how is the population in this game? I wanted to play it again, and if it's going to go down soon I don't know if it's worth playing again. But I remember having a lot of fun.

On Gorfang, theres usually multiple WBs & parties about in all tiers nearly any time of day lately. Its not AS busy in the middle of the night in the US, but still plenty of fights to be found.

Open RvR is where pretty much everyone is in T2 and T3, Scenarios are evry rare, not becaus eof population but becaus eeveryone wants to stick to only RvR for the better RR vs XP ration (basically Scenarios earn you XP faster, which is a bad thing until you get your RR maxed out for your level). So dont be surprised about not egtting SC pops in T2-3, look for everyone in the RvR zones instead.

Lumster

Novice Member

4/26/11 2:05:57 AM#54
Originally posted by emota

Starting areas are very busy, dont listen to the naysayers. I did several of the chapter 1, 2 and 3 public quests yesterday evening. This is a massive improvement on a year or so ago. A friend also returned with me last night he has a high lvl char and he had lots of population where he logged in!

Good news if you ask me.

They have just merged all server down to two (in the US) and there is still the free endless trial, I highly doubt sub numbers sky rocketed.

And even if more and more people try it out, mythic doesn't make any meaningful content anymore, so I doubt they will stay long. People expect regular rather big content updates from time to time for their sub fee.

ltank

Novice Member

4/26/11 8:26:58 AM#55
Originally posted by Lumster
Originally posted by emota

Good news if you ask me.

They have just merged all server down to two (in the US) and there is still the free endless trial, I highly doubt sub numbers sky rocketed.

And even if more and more people try it out, mythic doesn't make any meaningful content anymore, so I doubt they will stay long. People expect regular rather big content updates from time to time for their sub fee.

Nowhere did he say sub numbers have skyrocketed. He simply said that the remaining servers are healthy and frankly who cares how many servers there are as long as the one you are on is good. Do you just come here to be one of those naysayers he was talking about?

As for your second point I agree somewhat. They did the verminous horde addition late last year which was ok. I personally would like to see a much more meaningful content expansion at some point in the future. Either that or I would like to see the PvE game revamped in some way. Since hardly anyone does the PvE, revamping it to make it useful would almost be like an expansion considering most of it would be stuff people actually haven't seen before despite the game being out for 2 years. I mainly think they just need to revamp the loot tables to make PvE rewards more competetive with PvP rewards.

Last night on one of my T3 toons I went to the chapter hub for my level range and looked at the influence rewards available. The top tier blue spanner wrench (he's an engineer) had slightly higher DPS but the stats themselves amounted to less than what I currently had and I even had an empty talisman slot. Also the stats the influence item did provide were not really geared towards an engineer who typically want to stack ballistic skill and weapon skill.

Mmocount

Novice Member

4/26/11 9:05:21 AM#56

Not really, GW as been involved for long in the making of Strategy/RPGs long before the time of their first successfull Blood Omen for example or the DoW series. THQ is a good example of a good union between GW and a software producer, the story is there without the need to be adultered, as was the case in WAR. I was a case for wonder that GW allowed that or that such a poor quality title was thrown out in the usual DPS/Tank/Healer/Caster system.

THQ prooves that it is possible to throw away the usual systems and make something of quality, many many people play DoW and DoW II up to this day in multyplayer mode, the sequels are becoming refined and its no doubt the prelude for a MMO with the quality that the Warhammer world deserves, not the usual WoW crap system. It shows that GW has learned from one mistake and not for the first time, Bioware are good storytellers and it shows that WAR has a chance as a game, it is now up to the players, and in no small measure to Bioware too.

There is no MMO mechanics when it comes to producing something, thats the usual way of thinking coming from people without the slightest shed of imagination, when you produce a game there are only 2 things that  limit you, your skill as a programmer and your imagination, a game, whatever genre it is, is nothing but another form of telling a story, how do you choose to tell it and implement it are the most important factors in your games success, the fact that all stick to the usual WoW system is the sole confirmation that the player base in the genre is usually weak and prefer to be spoonfed with the usual crap copy and paste games.

When you really believe that GW hasn't got a clue... man go  and read their books, play a bit their games and then come back with something aproaching a plausible coment on what they are doing and what WAR could be.

I get your opinion, and it sounds great, ideally. But take a good objective look at WAR and tell me it's not 99% standard MMO in most of the game mechanics. Sure, they focused on PvP a bit more, but it's still your standard MMO. That's what I mean.

And sure, I certainly hope THQ can do better

Panther2103

Hard Core Member

4/26/11 1:43:15 PM#57

Well I came back to the game last night after the rediculously slow patcher download of the game. It is definately populated quite well in T1 so far. Also T4 from what I could tell, since I whispered a 40 to ask how he thought the game was doing, he said scenarios pop almost all the time, and said the server I think gorfang was very populated. Badlands was also very populated as far as I could tell because I had a level 35 on that server and went around to see how it was doing. So far the game is very fun again, very different from what I remember.

kaiser3282

Tipster

4/26/11 6:54:04 PM#58
Originally posted by Panther2103

Well I came back to the game last night after the rediculously slow patcher download of the game. It is definately populated quite well in T1 so far. Also T4 from what I could tell, since I whispered a 40 to ask how he thought the game was doing, he said scenarios pop almost all the time, and said the server I think gorfang was very populated. Badlands was also very populated as far as I could tell because I had a level 35 on that server and went around to see how it was doing. So far the game is very fun again, very different from what I remember.

Yeah Badlands is lower pop than Gorfang, but not by a huge amount. Gorfang is hopping pretty much 24/7 in all the tiers. Maybe a little downtime here and there, but usually its just youre in one zone, enemy is in another, so it feels empty for a short time. If you go looking for a fight, you can always find one.

Unlike the old days of T2 & T3 being completely dead like 75% of the time, its pretty much the opposite. I hop around on different toons in the different tiers and no matter which i go on there is almost always some RvR going on. In T4, every time i check my friends list the majority of the people on my list are in Scenarios or already engaged in RvR.

kaiser3282

Tipster

4/26/11 7:00:33 PM#59

Just saw this on the WAR page, so good news for Badlands, looks like theyll be getting some new players, as well as the ability to play both Order or Destro on the same server:

"Greetings,

From today on players on Athel Loren have the option to choose free transfer of their characters and guilds to Badlands or Karak Norn.

To facilitate this we have enabled the multi-realm ability for Badlands and Karak Norn.  This allows accounts to have both Order and Destruction characters on the server and increases the character limit to 20.  There will be an 8 hour lockout when switching realms on the server.

Please welcome your new comrades-in-arms (or enemies) and help them to settle in."

odinsrath

Novice Member

4/26/11 7:08:53 PM#60
Originally posted by kaiser3282

Just saw this on the WAR page, so good news for Badlands, looks like theyll be getting some new players, as well as the ability to play both Order or Destro on the same server:

"Greetings,

From today on players on Athel Loren have the option to choose free transfer of their characters and guilds to Badlands or Karak Norn.

To facilitate this we have enabled the multi-realm ability for Badlands and Karak Norn.  This allows accounts to have both Order and Destruction characters on the server and increases the character limit to 20.  There will be an 8 hour lockout when switching realms on the server.

Please welcome your new comrades-in-arms (or enemies) and help them to settle in."

this isnt soo great..what is to stop players to make a free account / or p2p and hide people within the teir maps ..just to flip back to their main faction to see whats going on...like what people used to do in wow to get an edge in battlegrounds years ago..i dont like the idea ..im sure it doesnt happen much..im sure it happens tho

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search