Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,644,046 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,077,687
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » Search
63 posts found
  Thelow

Novice Member

OP  4/03/11 1:01:26 PM#1

What does playerbase look like now?

Still going down, or staying about same.

are all server active?

2 EN server

1FR

1 GER

2? US

kaiser3282

Tipster

4/07/11 5:46:38 PM#2

Not sure about all the other servers but out of the 2 US servers (Gorfang and Badlands) Gorfang is the more active one, and ts very active for the most part. I play late at night into the early morning  due to my work schedule, and even then theres consistent action in T1-T3 (T2 is a bit dead compared to T1 and T3 but it has its moments). T3 has been great lately, we usually have a couple of Warbands running  around flipping zones all throughout the night. I hopped into T4 for a bit last night too and its pretty packed. I went on a bombing & BO flipping run and ran into a few dozen people in the RvR lake.... unfortunately they were almost all enemies at the time and i was 32 on the toon i was on so quickly got my ass handed to me several times.

I had left WAR about a year ago and returned about a month ago, and it definitely feels more populated now in the RvR lakes than it did back then since the changes they made kind of push people into fighting more in each zone (rathe rthan quickly zerging keeps to avoid fights) and there are more incentives to do RvR.

ltank

Apprentice Member

4/08/11 10:26:30 AM#3

I've been seriously thinking about returning myself. Been messing around with a trial account lately just to sort of monitor what people say in chat and to gauge population. Trial accounts can only currently be put on Badlands and things seemed pretty busy at least in T1 and I saw Crossed swords on the map for all the rest of the tiers too so while it may not be as busy as Gorfang it still seemed like it had population. Hopefully people converting from trials will stay there and seed it further.

Thelow

Novice Member

OP  4/08/11 3:11:14 PM#4

maybe I just start Rift.

WAR's future doesnt seem very bright

Loke666

Hard Core Member

4/08/11 3:19:16 PM#5
Originally posted by Thelow

maybe I just start Rift.

WAR's future doesnt seem very bright

Eve would have closed down in 2004 or 2005 if people thought like that. 

If you like the game play it. Let me look in my crystal ball for your future: You will die. Until that you can at least have as good time as possible. Every game and every human are in fact slowly dying if you let yourself think like that. Try to focus on now instead of later, you will have a lot more fun that way both while gaming and living your life (no that doesn't mean you should sabotage your later life but you own your future you to have some fun that you can look back to later).

Do you enjoy your time in WAR? Then play it. If any other answer than a sure loud yes then try something else 

Newhopes

Novice Member

4/09/11 11:47:53 AM#6

The french server is dead and the German server isn't healthly, badlands is also on it's way out so your basically left with just 3 servers to choose from.

ltank

Apprentice Member

4/09/11 6:10:52 PM#7
Originally posted by Newhopes

The french server is dead and the German server isn't healthly, badlands is also on it's way out so your basically left with just 3 servers to choose from.

Badlands is fine.

redbirdS

Apprentice Member

4/11/11 11:17:36 AM#8

Both US servers are fine....T1's RvR always have a ton of people playing due to the endless trials which is still a ton of fun!......T2 and T3 are also fine from what I have seen...I don't have any in T4 yet so its hard to say.....

I'll say this about Rift, the "talent" tree options for all the characters is awesome...You can customize your character in crazy, crazy ways....Imagine a Mage speced as a off dps\heals......Or a melee dps that is focused on Shield and Sword attacks.....Thats the best part of the game....VERY customized talent trees with lots of options...When you see somebody in combat, you have no idea what is coming at you......

But thats where it ends....Graphics are average on the toons.  I saw L40's and they looked like crap....bland.....The enviroment was so open and wide so they left out details..

World story and history.....lame as hell......I could do better with a bottle of Jack and a bag of chips this afternoon.

Rifts are nothing more than unscheduled PQ's....Ran a couple of instances.....lame,,,same old crap......

PvP\BG's is OK...........Believe it or not, healers rule BG's.........Just cant take them down....

The game is fun at first when you start doing crazy talent combinatrions, but after that I got bored....$65.00 down the drain......Cata killed Wow...they can suck it .....

So I am back to WAR after taking a 1yr break....Good to see that my Special Edition account entitlements are still working....WAAAAAGH!

Thelow

Novice Member

OP  4/13/11 8:24:02 AM#9

=playerbase still going down.

ltank

Apprentice Member

4/13/11 2:51:07 PM#10

Now you're just trolling. You have no idea and unless you have some sort of addon that you've been using like Whom to poll population statistics for a significant length of time r have access to the internal game population logs you have no idea.

I see new players all the time in the advice channel or on the forums. You know what I do see a lot less of now compared to when I played a year ago? "I quit posts", I see a lot less of those. I'm not saying the game isn't as in good a shape as it was a year from release but by no means would I say it's a dead game. People need to stop spreading misinformation.

Sovrath

Elite Member

4/13/11 2:55:53 PM#11
Originally posted by Loke666
 Let me look in my crystal ball for your future: You will die. Until that you can at least have as good time as possible.

lol, that pretty much is word for word and exact page from my book of life. I'm pretty sure I've said those exact words to friends and acquaintances numerous times.

And I completely agree "if you like it play it".

People have been saying that Warhammer was on its last legs for a while. Truth be told, it's a fun game with some great classes and there are actually people playing it.

Loke666

Hard Core Member

4/13/11 3:10:13 PM#12
Originally posted by Sovrath

lol, that pretty much is word for word and exact page from my book of life. I'm pretty sure I've said those exact words to friends and acquaintances numerous times.

People have been saying that Warhammer was on its last legs for a while. Truth be told, it's a fun game with some great classes and there are actually people playing it.

It is very hard to tell. EA can close down the game any day, they did close down TR rather premature but there are loads of games that can be canned. We all can't just play Wow to be sure that we play a game that will be around for many years, that would totally kill off any tries to better the genre and make new and fun games.

Myself I don't play WAR because I am a great fan of Warhammer fantasy RPG and WAR is nothing like that. It is kinda like loving the beatles and pick up a so so coverbands CD at the gas station for a buck, it is too painful to listen too.

I acually think that it helps if you are not a Warhammer fanto enjoy the game.

It is not bad and anyone liking it should really play it, but I wish that the original Warhammer online didn't get cancelled half way in development, they actually were working on the original career based mechanics instead of levels, it would have made awesome PvP.

Anyone not playing the MMO they like best but another one instead are wasting their time badly. Don't do that, life is short.

Zandora2018

Novice Member

4/13/11 3:19:58 PM#13

Until it goes F2P like alot of other games did and now seem to be making $$$ . CO is a great example of this.

Played Aoc/DDO/FFXI/WAR / LoTRo / CO / Aion
Playing Rift

Waiting for FFXIV to be the game it should. so sad =(

Onarix

Novice Member

4/13/11 3:21:29 PM#14

Yeahs wars future is done id say.

Free to play means pay to win.

Sovrath

Elite Member

4/13/11 4:01:56 PM#15

And that's just the thing, I'm not a warhammer fan so it's just easier to take it as it is without any preconceptions. I can easily understand someone with intimiate knowledge of the IP being "dissapointed".

Dnomsed

Apprentice Member

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." -Albert Einstein

4/13/11 4:09:22 PM#16

Still playing WAR, characters on both U.S. servers, and population is pretty good on both.  Off peak is definitely better on Gorfang.  I think what you see on WAR today is the diehard fans.  The community is still one of the best in game.  I've been an advisor since they activated that feature and have taken advantage of it many, many times and always gotten tons of help from the playerbase.  Never once have I been ignored or told to f**k off when cold calling a player with a question.  It's still fun most of the time, and SPECTACULAR some of the time, when good fights unfold.

Warhammer fanatic since '85.

Nergle

Novice Member

All other Warsites>Only-War

4/13/11 10:52:49 PM#17

i went back to Warhammer, after playing Rifts and re subbing to Vanturd, again (a waste of money big time).

Warhammer still has the best PvP and factor of fun consistant through beginning and end game (for me at least).

The most populated server t1 through t4 is Badlands Gorfang has a higher density of players t1-t2 (t3 good luck getting a group as Destro) and has a higher ratio of Order players at t3 and t4.

Game will do for me, at least until TOR and GW2 hit shelves.

ltank

Apprentice Member

4/14/11 8:31:24 AM#18
Originally posted by Nergle

i went back to Warhammer, after playing Rifts and re subbing to Vanturd, again (a waste of money big time).

Warhammer still has the best PvP and factor of fun consistant through beginning and end game (for me at least).

The most populated server t1 through t4 is Badlands Gorfang has a higher density of players t1-t2 (t3 good luck getting a group as Destro) and has a higher ratio of Order players at t3 and t4.

Game will do for me, at least until TOR and GW2 hit shelves.

Pretty similar story for me. Spent the last year going from game to game with the most recent being WoW and Rift and I found myself drawn back to warhammer. Best PvP game on the market right now. People call Rifts in Rift Warhammer public quest copies but they are all the same pretty much. At least the PQs in WAR are all different and often have voiceovers to tell a story.

I also don't think the game is dying like some people say. I see new players asking newbie questions all the time. I personally helped 5 myself last night.

ThaneUlfgar

Novice Member

4/14/11 10:39:31 AM#19

Even on Badlands the population seems fine. In tier 2 on Destruction we had 2 nearly full warbands going at the same time the past 2 evenings. Inevitable City is always populated with both max level characters.

The proposed updates in the next patch look promising, it should be interesting to see what happens with this game.

I started playing a month ago and my 30 days runs out on 04/26. I'm not sure if I will resub or not. The game is highly enjoyable, but at the same time I find myself wanting more from it. I'm far from a carebear, but I'm just not sure this game offers enough variety for me. It has no real economy, not much in the way of pve content (that anyone actually does anyway) and the crafting is lackluster. I'm not saying I want to raid 4 nights a week or anything, but a little variety never hurt anyone. If it had more to offer, I'd for sure subscribe. Overall I like the game, I'm just sort of on the fence about whether or not it is what I'm looking for.

JediConsular

Novice Member

4/14/11 2:48:35 PM#20

It is very hard to tell. EA can close down the game any day, they did close down TR rather premature but there are loads of games that can be canned. We all can't just play Wow to be sure that we play a game that will be around for many years, that would totally kill off any tries to better the genre and make new and fun games.

Myself I don't play WAR because I am a great fan of Warhammer fantasy RPG and WAR is nothing like that. It is kinda like loving the beatles and pick up a so so coverbands CD at the gas station for a buck, it is too painful to listen too.

It is not bad and anyone liking it should really play it, but I wish that the original Warhammer online didn't get cancelled half way in development, they actually were working on the original career based mechanics instead of levels, it would have made awesome PvP.

Anyone not playing the MMO they like best but another one instead are wasting their time badly. Don't do that, life is short.

Reading this makes me want to cry. I too love the Warhammer lore and couldn't agree more with what you said. I've said it before and I'll say it again, Warhammer is the best IP a company could have in my book, this side of Star Wars. It is a shame this game isn't better and closer to what it should have been. So much potential in an IP wasted.

I love everything about the Warhammer setting, I just wish the game more closely resembled it.

I'm hoping that one day this game will be taken over by another company or at the very least will get a bit more life injected into it. Maybe more races, factions, areas, better crafting, etc. That all seems doubtful with the game's current population.

My text is green because my posts are created with Willpower!

4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » Search