Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | EverQuest Next | Dragon Fin Soup

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,854 Users Online:0
Games:742  Posts:6,242,227
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » Best Game in the world, I love WAR.Hugs mythic

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
35 posts found
  Xennith

Novice Member

10/07/08 6:08:36 AM#21
Originally posted by Zayne3145
Originally posted by DarkPony

Don't get a wrong impression by the many disgruntled players, haters and other trolls making this board their home. They are over represented and not your average happy WAR gamer.

I'd love to believe this but for every positive post about the game there is a negative to counter it. I've never seen so many people torn either way over a game before. I'm extremely curious but after the debacle of AoC I'm not willing to take the risk right now. The issues that keep getting brought up over and over again such as the percieved lack of community, poor chat and awkward combat are make and break issues for me, which is why I'm still waiting until I hear consistently good things.

mostly its people bitching about tiny little things, or getting upset that its different to WoW. i mean one guy was wailing on the fact that the first dungeon in WAR doesnt require as much strategy as raid level stuff in WoW. loads of people who admit that they "hate pvp" have complained about the game non-stop, you see complaints that the mail system takes a second or two to open, or that the titles are condecending.

people like to bitch, me? i like to play war.

Pheace

Novice Member

You can either agree with me or be wrong!

10/07/08 6:18:57 AM#22
Originally posted by Ixnatifual
Originally posted by Pheace
Originally posted by Ixnatifual
Originally posted by VultureSkull

Its been a long time since a game like WAR has come along, about 4 or 5 years i guess WoW

The game had an excellent release, no major bugs or lag, the graphics are nice and non-laggy, the gameplay has depth and the servers are full!

What more could you ask for?

If Mythic and Bilizzard can make quality games i wonder why others can not get it right.

Actually WoW was quite horrible at launch. Loads of issues, lack of content (didn't even have an end-game) and servers constantly crashing and having massive amounts of downtime. Forums were flooded with cries of "Fail!" and general doomsaying. Funny how that turned out, isn't it?

This part of it is a load of bull, people were crying that they wanted to get in, not that the game was going to fail. They wanted to play! The tone of it was completely different.

Actually, it was both. Or are you thinking of the EU release which was 3-months later than the US release (and thus naturally having fewer issues as they'd had time to fix some of them). The EU release was certainly in a better shape than the US release (when the servers were actually up and stable enough to play on), as 3 months is a lot of time to patch the game up.

To be fair, yes I was ^^

User Deleted
10/07/08 6:41:51 AM#23
Originally posted by Pheace

To be fair, yes I was ^^

That makes a lot more sense. I believe the game itself, as it were, was less glitchy than WAR when Blizzard were ready to release WoW in Europe. Let's see where WAR's at around the beginning of November and we'll be able to do a fair comparison.

lorndarken

Novice Member

10/07/08 6:51:56 AM#24

actully last night i had a lot of fun in rvr on chaos side with my sorcerer, but its rare to come across pvp that fun because you got these zones in tier one that are so spread apart from each other that if you die  in the dark elf zone, its a useless trip back because everybody left, but in the chaos vs empier tier 1 rvr zone, its a very quick zone to find some action.  if only the people i was with invite me in the group and heal lol.

Raven

Advanced Member

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato

10/07/08 7:59:15 AM#25

Since the headstart I have been mostly playing scenarios, pvp wise and they are ALOT of fun with just the odd scenario specially if you join solo and there are a couple of people who decide just to frag and not really help with the objectives.

Two nights ago while questing in Chaos T3 I notice that the keep was under siege and decide to take a look, i arrive and there is a massive battle going on, i got back to the warcamp spend a couple of gold on siege weapons and head to the keep to help defend it, we managed to push them all the way back to their keep took the outer door down before we got pushed back again, and they tried another offensive on our keep. This went on for about 4hours then I had to leave due to RL.

When i thought i had seen it all it really surprised me how much fun i had for 4 hours in this massive WAR, im really hoping people put scenarios on the side at end game(T4) and the main focus is these massive battles because they will keep me playing this game for years to come.

Just my two cents, love this game

DarkPony

Steed of Tardcore

Confident, cocky, lazy, dead.

10/07/08 11:52:48 AM#26

Pretty remarkable that said trolls avoid this thread like I would avoid a 100 ft precipe. Seems they are only occupied with keeping negative titles on top.

I wonder if there are any amongst them who actually do that for a living.

boomerangx

Novice Member

I hope Aion doesn't suck...

10/07/08 2:49:29 PM#27
Originally posted by VultureSkull

Its been a long time since a game like WAR has come along, about 4 or 5 years i guess WoW

The game had an excellent release, no major bugs or lag, the graphics are nice and non-laggy, the gameplay has depth, refreshing take on classes and the servers are full!

What more could you ask for?

If Mythic and Bilizzard can make quality games i wonder why others can not get it right.

WAR can only get bigger once the other cities and classes are released, hopefully soon, and once the excitement of WOTLK passes, i think that there will be a lot more subs.

I play a lot of games...

ste2000

Advanced Member

10/07/08 2:53:56 PM#28
Originally posted by DeadlyByDez

Sorry…was just fed up of seeing the constant moans in here. Thought it would be nice to see a contrasting thread title for once.

Eheh god for you, that was pretty cute.

I am one of those who puts down WAR, but I am happy that there are people who enjoy it.........I am not gelous

Loke666

Elite Member

10/07/08 3:00:42 PM#29

Actually there are some threads with the same meaning even though the ratio is probably 1 in 4 or so to the moanings....

Best game in the world sounds a bit too far for my taste but it is nice that you found a game you really like,

Steelguru

Novice Member

10/07/08 8:44:33 PM#30

It's been a long time since a game kept me up playing until 3am, or hours pass before I realize.....where the heck did the time go?

While I do NOT want to stay up that late playing a game even on the weekends lol.......I do hope that the fun I'm having continues in the future.   Time will tell.

User Deleted
10/07/08 9:23:17 PM#31
Originally posted by DeadlyByDez

Sorry…was just fed up of seeing the constant moans in here. Thought it would be nice to see a contrasting thread title for once.

- Reads title -

Would you like us to leave the room so you and Mythic can have some private time?

:-p

Tyvolus

Novice Member

10/08/08 1:00:17 AM#32
Originally posted by Steelguru

It's been a long time since a game kept me up playing until 3am, or hours pass before I realize.....where the heck did the time go?

While I do NOT want to stay up that late playing a game even on the weekends lol.......I do hope that the fun I'm having continues in the future.   Time will tell.

I could not agree more.  Being a nightowl I love sleeping in on weekends.  Since I started playing WAR, I have been waking up early on weekends, making a pot of coffee and slugging it out while the sun comes up.  I am surprised how much I like it so far. 

DarkPony

Steed of Tardcore

Confident, cocky, lazy, dead.

10/08/08 1:26:56 AM#33

Originally posted by Tyvolus

Originally posted by Steelguru

I could not agree more.  Being a nightowl I love sleeping in on weekends.  Since I started playing WAR, I have been waking up early on weekends, making a pot of coffee and slugging it out while the sun comes up.  I am surprised how much I like it so far. 

Exactly. It is that feeling. An compellable urge to play this game; the early WoW days feeling to me. No MMO has ever given me that feeling since then, until WAR that is. Awefull innit? ^_^

afoaa

Apprentice Member

10/08/08 2:34:51 AM#34

I love the game too but for different reasons than most others.

This is a game where soloing is not the best option to lvl. You can solo as much as you want but if you really want to enjoy the game then you HAVE to group. This is a serious break from the trend in the past 5 years and I aplaud mythic for taking a stance with this.

This is good for the long term health of the game. People group and learn to group already at low lvls, building up the social parts of the game so at the endgame most people will have a good network of friends and guildies creating a healthy social dynamic at those lvls.

Mythic has also dared to change what you should do to lvl. Instead of endless quests and only at the endgame doing some pvp then your primarily way to lvl your char is through pvp. Not that the game dont have dungeons and all that stuff but its not THE game, its just added spice.

When talking about PvE then I also love the public raid dungeon idea like mtn Gundabad. Having people come in groups and then joining their groups to what ever raid group already there is a stroke of genious.

"You are the hero our legends have foretold will save our tribe, therefore please go kill 10 pigs."

LondonMagus

Novice Member

Existence is random!

10/08/08 2:47:24 AM#35

I think 'WAR' is one of the best games I have played in ages too!

It isn't just the great gameplay & artstyle, I love the quirky humour in the voice acting.

The NPC dialogue in the 'Greenskin Realm' is hysterical & always makes me smile. The first time I heard the guy that farted & said "My Bum Spoke", I laughed out loud.

Even in 'Chaos Realm' where the dialogue is a bit more serious I heard one NPC say "My Boil Speaks to Me", which is potentially a pop culture reference from 'Fairly Odd Parents'.

It's the little touches as well as great gameplay that really make 'WAR' fun to play. 

If you can't "Have your cake & eat it too", then how can "The proof of the pudding be in the eating"?

2 Pages « 1 2 Search