Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,297 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,889
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » Best Game in the world, I love WAR.Hugs mythic

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
35 posts found
  DeadlyByDez

Novice Member

OP  10/07/08 4:59:03 AM#1

Sorry…was just fed up of seeing the constant moans in here. Thought it would be nice to see a contrasting thread title for once.

markoraos

Novice Member

My dog ate your homework.

10/07/08 5:04:32 AM#2
Originally posted by DeadlyByDez

Sorry…was just fed up of seeing the constant moans in here. Thought it would be nice to see a contrasting thread title for once.

Yeah, it is amazing how reading through the majority of OPs random browsers tend to get the impression that there is something seriously wrong with the game.... and yet the user rating is rock solid after all those weeks after release...

Hmm, a conspiracy theorist or maybe a psychologist should look into this.

DAS1337

Apprentice Member

10/07/08 5:09:09 AM#3
Originally posted by markoraos

Yeah, it is amazing how reading through the majority of OPs random browsers tend to get the impression that there is something seriously wrong with the game.... and yet the user rating is rock solid after all those weeks after release...

Blizzard-paid employees anti-adversing.  Now that's a conpiracy.

The game is pretty damn good.

Stonecape

Novice Member

10/07/08 5:09:59 AM#4

I love the game too.
I haven't had this fun in a very long time. The truth is I tend to play more and read forums less. But at work I can, and I just had to support this thread.

DeadlyByDez

Novice Member

OP  10/07/08 5:14:22 AM#5

Anyone want to take bets on when we get the first “lol warhammer sux post? I reckon in 3 posts we will have it

User Deleted
10/07/08 5:16:33 AM#6

Anyone want to take bets on when we get the first “lol warhammer sux post? I reckon in 3 posts we will have it

Lol..Warhammer sux...

Nah..Loving it myself too Finally a game where I can level on pvp and skip all the boring pve shit. Pve might be fun the first time through, but when you level your umpth alt it is bloody boring, so players tend to take shortcuts, like botleveling, aoe grinding and so on.

Tawn47

Advanced Member

10/07/08 5:17:02 AM#7

Yeah, the score is actually holding out better than I thought it would...  and I love the game.

Warguru

Novice Member

10/07/08 5:18:49 AM#8

Love the game, still! 

puma713

Apprentice Member

10/07/08 5:23:04 AM#9

/agree

------------------------------------------------------------------------

/played: EQ, EQ II, DAoC, WoW, LoTRO, AoC, CoH/CoV, WAR, Aion, Tera, Wildstar and many others that don't merit listing

/playing: Clash of Clans

User Deleted
10/07/08 5:23:44 AM#10

Newly launched MMOs are far from perfect, and even though WAR might be one of the closest we get to "polished", I think that "best game in the world" is a bit too unrealistic at this point. Right now it's, IMO "very good", and on its way to become "great" once they've worked out the kinks.

VultureSkull

Novice Member

10/07/08 5:35:44 AM#11

Its been a long time since a game like WAR has come along, about 4 or 5 years i guess WoW

The game had an excellent release, no major bugs or lag, the graphics are nice and non-laggy, the gameplay has depth, refreshing take on classes and the servers are full!

What more could you ask for?

If Mythic and Bilizzard can make quality games i wonder why others can not get it right.

WAR can only get bigger once the other cities and classes are released, hopefully soon, and once the excitement of WOTLK passes, i think that there will be a lot more subs.

DarkPony

Steed of Tardcore

Confident, cocky, lazy, dead.

10/07/08 5:37:04 AM#12

Seconded.

Awesome game so far.

Don't get a wrong impression by the many disgruntled players, haters and other trolls making this board their home. They are over represented and not your average happy WAR gamer.

The game is a well thought out, quality mmo with a few issues / unpollished aspects which are already being adressed by Mythic.

Zayne3145

Novice Member

May contain nuts.

10/07/08 5:41:24 AM#13
Originally posted by DarkPony

Don't get a wrong impression by the many disgruntled players, haters and other trolls making this board their home. They are over represented and not your average happy WAR gamer.

I'd love to believe this but for every positive post about the game there is a negative to counter it. I've never seen so many people torn either way over a game before. I'm extremely curious but after the debacle of AoC I'm not willing to take the risk right now. The issues that keep getting brought up over and over again such as the percieved lack of community, poor chat and awkward combat are make and break issues for me, which is why I'm still waiting until I hear consistently good things.

User Deleted
10/07/08 5:44:37 AM#14
Originally posted by VultureSkull

Its been a long time since a game like WAR has come along, about 4 or 5 years i guess WoW

The game had an excellent release, no major bugs or lag, the graphics are nice and non-laggy, the gameplay has depth and the servers are full!

If Mythic and Bilizzard can make quality games i wonder why others can not get it right.

Actually WoW was quite horrible at launch. Loads of issues, lack of content (didn't even have an end-game) and servers constantly crashing and having massive amounts of downtime. Forums were flooded with cries of "Fail!" and general doomsaying. Funny how that turned out, isn't it?

Pheace

Novice Member

You can either agree with me or be wrong!

10/07/08 5:50:24 AM#15
Originally posted by Ixnatifual

The game had an excellent release, no major bugs or lag, the graphics are nice and non-laggy, the gameplay has depth and the servers are full!

Actually WoW was quite horrible at launch. Loads of issues, lack of content (didn't even have an end-game) and servers constantly crashing and having massive amounts of downtime. Forums were flooded with cries of "Fail!" and general doomsaying. Funny how that turned out, isn't it?

This part of it is a load of bull, people were crying that they wanted to get in, not that the game was going to fail. They wanted to play! The tone of it was completely different.

peteski123

Novice Member

10/07/08 5:53:54 AM#16

Unsure if I am playing the same game, if some think this is the best game in the world then I feel some peoples need for actual game content and progression are very small atm.

You can either quest you're way up, with I must say limited quest stories, ie how many times did I have to find a dead guy, Or just scenario . Difference being if you quest up then by 40 you will be at a huge disadvantage as others will not only have you're lvl rank but also renown rank that can buy gear and stats.Then if quest gear becomes better at 40 the scenario people only have to quest the lvl 40 gear that I'm sure won’t take long.

What made Daoc great before end expansion ruined it was the battlegrounds, yet in War each tier has 6 grounds and a number of scenarios that splits the game up to pockets of people everywhere rather than the good Ole Daoc fight for the centre keep.

If allot of people are just doing scenarios then why bother with ranks as you get boosted in lvl if too low for any specific one, then when you are too high you go to a New scenario with prob the same people who have done nothing else to gain gear than bash you in the previous one.. Seems extremely pointless if you don’t have to work for anything, might as well be say Call of duty where you log on kill some peeps, have a blast then log off really achieving nothing, but yea its fun but would never be called an mmo.

I long for a real mmo that has penalty’s for not giving a rats ass if you die or not and a community that used chat, sheesh come on have you Ever seen the chat channels so empty? Why? Because in War you do not need ANYONE, so why would you give a crap about the person next to you. Gone are the helpers and the buffers and all that’s left is the people that don’t give a crap and NEED everything.

Yea I am sure that War is great for some but for me I would llove a game that makes me feel like I worked for something. Please dont say Scenarios is working is just get flag kill get flag.

Hoping DF will bring back the need to work together, have a community that cares and get rid of the people that feel DEATH should not give a  much bigger penalty, might aswell just be stunned for 30 secs if you loose nothing.

Smikis

Advanced Member

10/07/08 6:08:12 AM#17

every game is good for first 1-2 weeks.. thats when most rate.. and most forget to re rate game after they quit or are disapointed..

i did rate war something as 8-9 at start.. now its around 5..

DarkPony

Steed of Tardcore

Confident, cocky, lazy, dead.

10/07/08 6:13:12 AM#18
Originally posted by Zayne3145

I'd love to believe this but for every positive post about the game there is a negative to counter it. I've never seen so many people torn either way over a game before. I'm extremely curious but after the debacle of AoC I'm not willing to take the risk right now. The issues that keep getting brought up over and over again such as the percieved lack of community, poor chat and awkward combat are make and break issues for me, which is why I'm still waiting until I hear consistently good things.

They would be break issues for me too. If they were so horrible like people have led you to believe ...

They are not.

Mythic is working hard on improving the chat mechanics and has been asking player feedback and suggestions on this while I personally  think it wasn't so bad at all.

Community? WAR made a lot of aspects requiring communication easier. Open parties meaning you don't have to beg for invites, etc. This point was also made by people judging the game on it's social aspect in the first weeks after launch ... I mean, c'mon, people are still been completely soaked up in playing, playing and some more playing, trying every aspect of the game, etc. If you join a nice guild like I did and participate with other guilds in things like keep sieging and you actually give it a few weeks to meet and get to know people there is nothing that makes this game any less social than for instance WoW.

Unless you miss the chit chat in local channels which I personally could live without. That will still be implemented after the chat overhaul I reckon; loads of people asked for that on WHA and the dev's acknowledged it.

Combat looks a little static if you watch ingame video's and I agree that many animations could be improved but when you are actually playing the game and find yourself in a average PvP encounter there is no such thing as 'combat sucks'  you will experience it as fast paced, adrenaline packed action. Nothing less.

Too bad that some of the more experienced mmo players like yourself, who hang around on this board get so much impressed by the discontent kids and hater trolls who are also in large supply here. But don't just believe me, I am a big fan of this game. You should really buy it and be your own judge. There is a large chance that you will not regret it methinks.

And do read up on some proffessional reviews. One of the most unbiased I've read: http://www.crispygamer.com/gamereviews/2008-09-30/warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning-pc.aspx

p.s. I played AoC as well and was very, very disapointed. AoC is NOT in the same ball park as WAR, not nearly. WAR is actually fun to play, has a much richer feel to it, has NO instancing of public zones and well thought out gameplay mechanics. And sieging done right ... for starters.

User Deleted
10/07/08 6:16:19 AM#19
Originally posted by Pheace
Originally posted by Ixnatifual

This part of it is a load of bull, people were crying that they wanted to get in, not that the game was going to fail. They wanted to play! The tone of it was completely different.

Actually, it was both. Or are you thinking of the EU release which was 3-months later than the US release (and thus naturally having fewer issues as they'd had time to fix some of them). The EU release was certainly in a better shape than the US release (when the servers were actually up and stable enough to play on), as 3 months is a lot of time to patch the game up.

VultureSkull

Novice Member

10/07/08 6:35:50 AM#20
Originally posted by Zayne3145

I can understand the caution about trying WAR after AoC, but WAR is in a different league compared to AoC.

Bugs aside, for me AoC was just not complete, whereas here there is so much to do and the world is fleshed out at least for what i have played so far.

Wait a bit and you will see that there will be no massive up roar as there was with AoC, there will always be complainers, but i forsee this being a really successful title, as things can only get better.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search