Trending Games | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2 | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,642,137 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,076,209
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Too much loot to choose from!

13 posts found
  blisterfist

Novice Member

ride the spiral to the end it may just go where no ones been

OP  9/13/08 10:55:45 AM#1

im only lv 14 sorcerer & i got a dilemer.

i got to much good loot to choose from  take my weapon choice, 3 of my options:

+37 intelligence, good boost for spell damage, or:

+16 intelligence, +14 wounds, +7 toughness, or:

+9 intelligence, +7 wounds, +5 toughness, +20 elemental ressistance, +20 physical resistance.

& this is across the board with all my gear, its like having to many delicious ice cream flavours to choose from.

the lag in keep sieges is getting me down a bit tho & im running 8800gt, 3.4gigs ram (max for 32bit xp), 4400 dualcore cpu.

Smikis

Hard Core Member

9/13/08 11:20:40 AM#2

i wish i would find more than 4 players per zone.. kinda dull to play now..

User Deleted
9/13/08 11:25:12 AM#3
Originally posted by Smikis

i wish i would fine more than 4 players per zone.. kinda dull to play now..

Your kidding right?

Boreil

Advanced Member

9/13/08 11:28:49 AM#4

Its last days of open beta most people are done and getting ready for live/Ea , plus the world is large and people are spread out a lot , which is good , the world feels more real and larger when you dont always see 10-20 people everywhere you go . It feels great to me i can roam out in the wilds and sometimes see a lot of people sometimes only 1-2 sometimes none, as it should be .

Smikis

Hard Core Member

9/13/08 11:31:34 AM#5
Originally posted by Boreil

Its last days of open beta most people are done and getting ready for live/Ea , plus the world is large and people are spread out a lot , which is good , the world feels more real and larger when you dont always see 10-20 people everywhere you go . It feels great to me i can roam out in the wilds and sometimes see a lot of people sometimes only 1-2 sometimes none, as it should be .

i agree  that this is end of beta and clearly lack of players.. while at beta start server were high and full.. all of them are low.. atleast eu ones..  and no its not great. you cant do rvr.. cant do pq.. and its just desert :)

winter

Hard Core Member

9/13/08 11:39:32 AM#6
Originally posted by blisterfist

+9 intelligence, +7 wounds, +5 toughness, +20 elemental ressistance, +20 physical resistance.

& this is across the board with all my gear, its like having to many delicious ice cream flavours to choose from.

the lag in keep sieges is getting me down a bit tho & im running 8800gt, 3.4gigs ram (max for 32bit xp), 4400 dualcore cpu.

You do know that equipement has almost no effect at all? Ask any WAR fan and they will tell WAR is not a Loot geared game. Good to hear you have a few chioces of eye candy though.

Boreil

Advanced Member

9/13/08 11:41:43 AM#7
Originally posted by winter

You do know that equipement has almost no effect at all? Ask any WAR fan and they will tell WAR is not a Loot geared game. Good to hear you have a few chioces of eye candy though.

Every game is loot geared in one way or another , you cant fight naked !!!

As for the OP's lag issure , im not sure i only have a 8500gt card and i have no mas pvp lagg , i get lagg in some area's of the world but it has nothing to do with how many people are there , i lagg a bit in ostland , think its the tree's maybe , but anyway i was in a 100+ mass pvp battle there last night and i dint get a hint of lag other than the lil i get normaly when im in the zone even alone .

User Deleted
9/13/08 12:24:57 PM#8

Tell me about it!  Level 7 and I have upgraded my Renown gear already!

twhint

Novice Member

9/13/08 1:27:54 PM#9

I'm not getting any lag and we had a 24 man warband hitting Mandred's hold with around 4-6 Order defenders.

I have a dual-core 6850, 8800GTS and 4 gigs RAM on Vista SP1.

As far as equipment choices go, you just need to decide the way you want to go. As a squig herder, I started going with lots of initiative and toughness gear because those Bright Mages are damned annoying.

blisterfist

Novice Member

OP  9/13/08 8:12:52 PM#10
Originally posted by winter

when i was lv 12 in tier 2 rvr (boosted to lv 18 in t2 rvr areas) i was getting owned.

now that im lv 14 i can hold my own better, still exact same lv 18 boost from when i was lv 12, the difference is the better lv 14 gear. saying those stats has almost no effect is just silly.

oh, new skills from lv 12 to 14 make a little difference to

crunchyblack

Apprentice Member

9/13/08 8:59:30 PM#11

For a sorc or bright wiz, i would suggest taking the equipment with the highest int stat always...

Unless you want to trade slightly less damage for slightly more suvivability.

mackdawg19

Tipster

"If men were created equal, then what happened to game developers?"

9/13/08 9:05:15 PM#12

To the person saying stats don't matter in WAR, please come to Mount w/e and we will see. I can almost garuntee you gear does matter. You go ahead and fight naked and see how easily my squig herder rips you to peices. Plus, now you owe me 5 bucks. I just blew air through my bowl and my green is lying on my carpet. :(

blisterfist

Novice Member

OP  9/13/08 10:18:06 PM#13
Originally posted by crunchyblack

For a sorc or bright wiz, i would suggest taking the equipment with the highest int stat always...

Unless you want to trade slightly less damage for slightly more suvivability.

yeah, thats the thing aye, pure dps or less dps with more survivability.

a sorc sux solo & only really shines in a good group, so shouldnt have to worry about survivability & go all out with int/dps.

as a sorc/BW you have to expect to die alot anyways, or else you might as well not bother playing those classes. sometimes i die alot, but its worth it for the times i take a shit load of ppl down with mean dps. the secret is to have a good healer or 2 so you can have 100 darkmagic/combustion running=mean DPS!