Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Black Gold | Trove

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,164 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,188,076
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Lettings newbies into scenarios

8 posts found
  DuraheLL

Novice Member

** Ooh theeres aaa monkey in my pocket and hes stealing all my change **

OP  9/13/08 8:10:16 AM#1

No, I actually used the word newbie here properly which might not have been done in years.

The beef is, scenarios, at least the FIRST scenarios, are constantly filled with players that are newbies. Because they enter the scenario through the quests you recieve that tells you to play though the first scenario.

And let's be honest, theese players can't help much. They only have 2-3 total skills to use!

I know it's good that theese quests exists, because they help the players to find the scenarios and engage in them and have fun. But scenarios are important and if you loose them you'r faction will be at a disadvantage in the total WAR.

I would think it would be much better if theese quests appeared at about lvl 5 MINIMUM. There you will have more skills to use and probably gotten your first better gear. Because you WILL encounter high leveled players up to level 11 in the first scenario, makes it kinda unbalanced if one team gets only low leveled players and the other team gets the higher leveled ones. Which did happen quite alot when I played.

$OE lies list
http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
"
And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

nikle76

Novice Member

9/13/08 8:15:27 AM#2

well wouldnt it even out scince both sides will have "newbies" participating. personely i like having lov levels in the fray....they are so fun to nuke

dropp

Novice Member

9/13/08 8:16:59 AM#3

as a level 1~2 warrior priest, I managed to be one of the top healers in the chart, healing about 10k of damage, while also doing a bit of damage. also, doing the scenario helped me level and get gear.

how can that not be helpful?

imo, blocking access to low levels would do the opposite of what you want.

DuraheLL

Novice Member

** Ooh theeres aaa monkey in my pocket and hes stealing all my change **

OP  9/13/08 8:20:05 AM#4
Originally posted by nikle76

well wouldnt it even out scince both sides will have "newbies" participating. personely i like having lov levels in the fray....they are so fun to nuke

Guess that will depend on faction population numbers. I guess 90% of all servers on beta had a very unbalanced population where destruction zerged everything everywhere. And because they had more players it resulted in them getting more "better" players in the scenarios.

But I simply just jumped into one rigged scenario after another. Might have had bad luck.

$OE lies list
http://www.rlmmo.com/viewtopic.php?t=424&start=0
"
And I don't want to hear anything about "I don't believe in vampires" because *I* don't believe in vampires, but I believe in my own two eyes, and what *I* saw is ******* vampires! "

marion242

Advanced Member

9/13/08 8:21:15 AM#5

Unless one side has mostly low levels and the other side mostly high levels it should still be pretty even. I like that some low level players can get into the scenarios so they can get some experience with only a few skills. I have seen in other games when someone waits til high levels to participate in pvp or rvr. It takes longer for them to gain enough experience to be useful.

lathaan

Apprentice Member

9/13/08 8:28:54 AM#6

cant even imagine how one can want to ban the low players from early scenarios - thats one of the core and best concepts of the game - to get players in the rvr action as soon as possible. and believe me, you can kick some ass at lvl 1.

mrnutz1065

Novice Member

We aren’t satisfied until all our customers are! -Gaute Godager
LOL

9/13/08 8:34:05 AM#7

I think its a great idea the whole "bolstering" system. Eventually it will reach a point where everyone is rank 40 by which time it won't matter anyways.

Thenarius

Novice Member

9/13/08 9:57:55 AM#8
Originally posted by mrnutz1065

I think its a great idea the whole "bolstering" system. Eventually it will reach a point where everyone is rank 40 by which time it won't matter anyways.

The thing is max level players with blue PQ items will completly steamroll the bolstered players in that tier. Bolster ain't that powerful but it allows a player to level through scenarios which is great.