Trending Games | Pirate101 | Guild Wars 2 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,211 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,128
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

5 posts found
  Chainmail

Novice Member

OP  9/13/08 3:52:37 AM#1

Well the game looks great and I think the graphics are really starting to shine. It would be nice if I could actually play the game.

In the past OB week I think I have gotten to play only 1 night. Other than that I am lucky to get 30 minutes in. In the last 3 days I havent gotten on at all for more than a few minutes.

For the most part I haven't even been able to get into the game with the patcher and authentication errors.

Then if I somehow manage to squeek by the patcher, once in game I get booted out again within minutes.

And finally all the maintenance downtime. Damn I think this game should be renamed AGE OF MAINTENANCE.

hehe, I know this is beta and I am glad Mythic seems to be doing a great job. But this open beta has been a bust for me personally.

At least I was able to get half a dozen chars up to lvl 3 or so and now able to decide what Im gonna play upon release.

DOK or Sorc and Engineer or War Priest

Well, here's to hoping that come wednesday, they got all the connection problems ironed out. Its shaping up to become a great game!

(PS. the last few patches and the graphics look better, especially the tank spell effects).

Amazing CGI toons: http://www.damapro.com/ & http://www.renderosity.com/

Thorsnes

Novice Member

D'oh!

9/13/08 5:23:07 AM#2

EU or US?

ZoMBiEXxX

Novice Member

9/13/08 5:28:59 AM#3

You MUST be talking about the EU because the US servers are spectacular. I have had maybe 5 crashes the entire open beta and no authentication errors, patching problems, password problems, or any problems registering on the site. And the maintnence is very very minimal. Only a couple servers were taken down for extended maintnece and usualy their servers are back up before their ETA (which is 2.5 hours almost every time.) And they only patch in the very early mourning hours in the US so only us nighthawks really see a problem.

"Da bigger da Orc, da stronger da Orc. Da stronger da Orc, da more dat's Orc's da boss. No wonder da Black Orcs is always da bosses!"
- Splinta, a Goblin in the Bloody Sun Boyz tribe

kreralkosx

Novice Member

9/13/08 7:18:44 AM#4
Originally posted by ZoMBiEXxX

You MUST be talking about the EU because the US servers are spectacular. I have had maybe 5 crashes the entire open beta and no authentication errors, patching problems, password problems, or any problems registering on the site. And the maintnence is very very minimal. Only a couple servers were taken down for extended maintnece and usualy their servers are back up before their ETA (which is 2.5 hours almost every time.) And they only patch in the very early mourning hours in the US so only us nighthawks really see a problem.

Thats because you dont have GOA doing the site and patching.

Chainmail

Novice Member

OP  9/13/08 7:41:19 AM#5

Actually it was Oceanic so US version...

Even now after they brought the servers back I keep getting the same authentication/patcher errors and login timeouts.

Actually I am making it past the authentication a bit more but getting timeouts on the server screen now...If its not one thing its another.

So, I basically give up on the OB and hope they get the problems fixed before the game goes live.

During this OB I have spent more time watching/trying to log in than actually playing and thats no lie.

I must say that the little time I was able to get in the game it looks and plays fantastic.

Amazing CGI toons: http://www.damapro.com/ & http://www.renderosity.com/