Trending Games | Trove | Elder Scrolls Online | Darkest Dungeon | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,769,845 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,186,992
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » This is really anoying (Renown vs EXP)

20 posts found
  jeppah

Novice Member

OP  9/12/08 2:17:12 PM#1

I thought that in this game there where 2 kinds of level you could do .. The PVP and the PVE.

But I must have got it wrong since my Renown points stop at 99% and wont go up unless I level up

Can this really be true? as it is now I can PVP (wich is the only reason why I play) and as soon as i get to 99% then I have to grind my normal exp before I can advance to next rank.

Can someone please explain to me if this is normal or how it should work? It really bugs me that I have to grind just to gain a new Renown rank.

Elsabolts

Advanced Member

Life Liberty and the Pursuit of those that would threaten It

9/12/08 2:18:45 PM#2

They stay even till lvl 40 then Renown keeps going to lvl 80

Fensus

Novice Member

9/12/08 2:19:11 PM#3

its simple, your renown level CANNOT be higher than your rank level. thats all. Soon as you level, you'll get your next renown level. without this feature, a couple months down the road  people would take advantage of it, and you'd be wondering why that rank 10, Renown rank 40 shaman is pwning you.

randomt

Novice Member

9/12/08 2:20:39 PM#4

It is that way.. Although I went from level 5 to 11 just by pvp'ing, and the main level/renown level stayed just about the same throughout.. so you shouldn't have very much to grind xp wise anyway (assuming that ratio doesnt change at later levels)

----
my sig: firefox users, install flashblock addon to get rid of annoying flash advertisements. Stupid flash.

Locklain

Novice Member

9/12/08 2:20:50 PM#5
Originally posted by jeppah

I thought that in this game there where 2 kinds of level you could do .. The PVP and the PVE.

But I must have got it wrong since my Renown points stop at 99% and wont go up unless I level up

Can this really be true? as it is now I can PVP (wich is the only reason why I play) and as soon as i get to 99% then I have to grind my normal exp before I can advance to next rank.

Can someone please explain to me if this is normal or how it should work? It really bugs me that I have to grind just to gain a new Renown rank.

Once you hit level 10 or so your renown levels will start to slow down, and by that I mean they hit a brick wall.  After tier one keeping your RR level capped with your level is borderline impossible.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
_______
|___|
\_______/
= ||||||
=
|X| \*........*/ |X|
|X|_________|X|
You wouldn't understand

jeppah

Novice Member

OP  9/12/08 2:21:17 PM#6

Hmm ok .. Thanks.. But am I the only one that finds that pretty anoying? I mean when my Renown is at 99% then i have about 50% of my exp bar to fill out. And that pretty much forces me to PVE since you dont get "enough" exp with PVP .. I even have the "Get 5% more EXP from RvR" tactic buff thingie.

EDIT : I'm level 11, Renown is at 99% and I'm 3/4 on my EXP to level 12.

Kazzer

Novice Member

9/12/08 2:22:08 PM#7

Lol, thought it was a "This is really anoying, the servers are down" post :-p

randomt

Novice Member

9/12/08 2:23:06 PM#8

I did notice we get a decent pile of XP for winning a scenario.. perhaps that'd be an option for you to get that missing xp if you were only pvping in the rvr zones

----
my sig: firefox users, install flashblock addon to get rid of annoying flash advertisements. Stupid flash.

Locklain

Novice Member

9/12/08 2:23:42 PM#9

Hmm ok .. Thanks.. But am I the only one that finds that pretty anoying? I mean when my Renown is at 99% then i have about 50% of my exp bar to fill out. And that pretty much forces me to PVE since you dont get "enough" exp with PVP .. I even have the "Get 5% more EXP from RvR" tactic buff thingie.

Just because your renown is capped doesn't mean you have to stop RvR.  Keep killing people and you will level.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
_______
|___|
\_______/
= ||||||
=
|X| \*........*/ |X|
|X|_________|X|
You wouldn't understand

Fensus

Novice Member

9/12/08 2:24:20 PM#10

dont get enough xp from pvp??? i think you're incorrect, as scenarios are great xp. And no, i dont find this annoying as it only affects lvl 1-10

jeppah

Novice Member

OP  9/12/08 2:25:42 PM#11

I do play alot of senarios, and we pretty much win all the time (silly orders never fo after healers).

But i wish it would go togheter EXP and Renown. So if you got 5 Renown for a DOT heal then it should give you 5 EXP aswell.

(btw fixed the title so it wouldn't be so misleading)

Fensus

Novice Member

9/12/08 2:43:11 PM#12

the proportionality between Rank and Renown earned was calculated By mythic based on how fast they want you to gain each, as such, they obviously want you to hit level 40 before you hit level 80 renown level. so they dont go up evenly, Renown is alot slower , because its what they want you to focus on once you've hit the rank cap

Raven

Novice Member

"Only the dead have seen the end of war" Plato

9/12/08 2:44:56 PM#13

This information is not correct you can go up ranks twice as fast if you do PVP only, I have done it and my rank is higher than my renown .

Fensus

Novice Member

9/12/08 2:50:07 PM#14
Originally posted by rav3n2

This information is not correct you can go up ranks twice as fast if you do PVP only, I have done it and my rank is higher than my renown .

seems you got it backwards.... you CANT have a renown level above rank... the other way is fine

Raven

Novice Member

9/12/08 2:59:43 PM#15
Originally posted by Fensus

seems you got it backwards.... you CANT have a renown level above rank... the other way is fine

Nop i think you misunderstood my post I said my rank is always above my renown.

jeppah

Novice Member

OP  9/12/08 3:03:29 PM#16

Then there was notting wrong with my post :p

Thats what I said aswell.. THAT was the anoying point..

Raven

Novice Member

9/12/08 3:11:46 PM#17

Wow, im confused now :P, did you mean your annoyed you have to PVE because your rank is not going fast enough to keep up with your renown rank correct?

jeppah

Novice Member

OP  9/12/08 3:21:39 PM#18

Wow, im confused now :P, did you mean your annoyed you have to PVE because your rank is not going fast enough to keep up with your renown rank correct?

Yes I'm anoyed that I have to PVE to get my EXP up, since my PVP points get up mutch faster then my PVE EXP (uhm.. getting confusing with the different types of EXP hehe, but hope you understand).

And my PVP points dont go slow after level 10, atleast not yet (waiting for PVE EXP to get to level 12, PVP points is at 99% again..).

Fensus

Novice Member

9/12/08 3:29:21 PM#19

just trust us that it wont be an issue, and that its a built in feature with a purpose :P

wjrasmussen

Apprentice Member

9/12/08 3:49:26 PM#20

You will not be the only one who is annoyed. Twinker pker types would be annoyed by this as well. Just play the game they way it is intended.