Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,590 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,057
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Ok, faction imba may break WAR's neck

16 posts found
  Elikal

Spotlight Poster

“No path is darker then when your eyes are shut.” -Flemeth

OP  9/11/08 7:14:37 PM#1

This is just a gut feeling, but everything I experiecend so far tells me the Destruction overhand is going to stay. Sure, numbers arent everything. But so far as I see Destruction are many more players, not just a few more. And with Knight-tanks missing they are going to be the stronger side also, even in scenarios. But even if scenarios were equal - I really would like to see some official statistics on that! - the number overhang in Open RVR is going to stay. Predicion Number One.

Prediction Number Two: I have already experienced it. With every open RVR loss Order folks are going less likely into it. You see that same dozen guys of Order fighting, and sure they get one or two victories. But Destro just swaps places, for every one player gone, two new come in, a luxus Order doesnt have. Its going to happen, and a spiral down will start. Remember what happened in DAoC RVR. Didnt you ever wonder why the oh so glorious DAoC was never more than a game for few? In days when there werent many MMOs? It was the same with unpopular Realms - in the end they just never regained a foothold. Sure DAoC didnt vanish, and neither will WAR, but if Mythic does not come out with some serious balancing plan - ESPECIALLY in the "missing Knight" issue this game is going to be in trouble - Predicition Number TWO, since WAR even more than DAoC is based on the RVR, when EVERYTHING counts for Realm points, so the Overhand multiplies! You cant ignore it, its always present in the game, and we all know the PVE is just so-so anyway.

My experience with all servers I tried is Order gets spanked. Plain and clear. 90% of the time Destruction clearly rules the realms, and if that is going to last - which it IS unless Mythic thinks about something - masses will leave as they leave AoC now after people see it that way. See AoC: hype and boasting about how cool things are are not enough. You need substance. PVP is nice and ok, but after days and days of loosing, no matter how many hours I fought in PVP, it just makes one stop participating at some time and you just quit fighting RVR. And thats the moment of truth, which may be bitter for Mythic, and that truth is that warmongering alone does not carry.

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

Mackaveli44

Apprentice Member

9/11/08 7:23:41 PM#2
Originally posted by Elikal

This is just a gut feeling, but everything I experiecend so far tells me the Destruction overhand is going to stay. Sure, numbers arent everything. But so far as I see Destruction are many more players, not just a few more. And with Knight-tanks missing they are going to be the stronger side also, even in scenarios. But even if scenarios were equal - I really would like to see some official statistics on that! - the number overhang in Open RVR is going to stay. Predicion Number One.

Prediction Number Two: I have already experienced it. With every open RVR loss Order folks are going less likely into it. You see that same dozen guys of Order fighting, and sure they get one or two victories. But Destro just swaps places, for every one player gone, two new come in, a luxus Order doesnt have. Its going to happen, and a spiral down will start. Remember what happened in DAoC RVR. Didnt you ever wonder why the oh so glorious DAoC was never more than a game for few? In days when there werent many MMOs? It was the same with unpopular Realms - in the end they just never regained a foothold. Sure DAoC didnt vanish, and neither will WAR, but if Mythic does not come out with some serious balancing plan - ESPECIALLY in the "missing Knight" issue this game is going to be in trouble - Predicition Number TWO, since WAR even more than DAoC is based on the RVR, when EVERYTHING counts for Realm points, so the Overhand multiplies! You cant ignore it, its always present in the game, and we all know the PVE is just so-so anyway.

My experience with all servers I tried is Order gets spanked. Plain and clear. 90% of the time Destruction clearly rules the realms, and if that is going to last - which it IS unless Mythic thinks about something - masses will leave as they leave AoC now after people see it that way. See AoC: hype and boasting about how cool things are are not enough. You need substance. PVP is nice and ok, but after days and days of loosing, no matter how many hours I fought in PVP, it just makes one stop participating at some time and you just quit fighting RVR. And thats the moment of truth, which may be bitter for Mythic, and that truth is that warmongering alone does not carry.

1 thing you need to keep in mind is when you enter a scenario, Its based off the ppl in the zone your in at the time of joining the queue.  Some zones in destruction are more populated than others simply because some are easier to lvl in.  For instance, The chaos starting areas are somewhat easier to lvl than the other starting areas therefor some zones are going to be a lot more populated since more ppl are flocking to them.

This may be the problem you were having.  For me, it seems that Im having bad luck.  When I play as my Order characters in scenarios, Destruction destroys us.  When I play my Destruction characters, Order destroys us though I am having fun while playing in them. 

4 classes were removed.  2 tanks, 2 melee dps classes.  Keep in mind they MAY put them back in.  No telling when but hopefully they will as I think having more tanks will definately help out seing as how big of a role the tanks play in this game when it comes to the RvR.

Overall, Im loving this game.  I havnt had this much fun since the early days of EQ1.

DrDwarf

Apprentice Member

9/12/08 1:26:12 PM#3

I think youll find a lot of people crossing over to others areas so the tanking issue will be erradicated.

You dont need tanks though - you need organisation and there is not a lot of that about atm.

Fensus

Novice Member

9/12/08 3:14:55 PM#4

I'm assuming you played Daoc since you use it as your reference. And as such, you should remember that 1-2 Guild groups could charge a zerg and come out on top, given proper organization and tactics. Having played WAR extensively, i've notice that MYthic carried this trend over. Player skills, tactics and organization will always beat mindless zerging. Besides, Assjamming the outnumbered side until you've killed 4 for every 1 of yours is the most sattisfying feeling in an MMo, and in my oppinion alot more fun than what you get from 2 completely equal sides in a zerg fight with no end in sight, or skill involved.

Futhermore, I feel that Order will learn alot more than destruction for being an underpopulated realm. Think about it, from people coming from other games like WOW , what skills do they learn in WAR from running around in a giant zerg and killing order? NOTHING, they learn to get greedy, and spam their 1 skill to try and get the kill. What does Order learn? EVERYTHING, they learn how to play defensively, smartly and most of all they learn the importance of tactics, and organization.

and if you think those arent important things to learn, then wait till ORDER is all grown up, and starts using the skills they've learned to stomp destruction in Tier 4

pinkspiderx

Warhammer Online Correspondent

9/12/08 3:32:46 PM#5

what ? i played a scenerio and i was destruction, we got wiped!

Spaceweed10

Apprentice Member

Where do we go from here?

9/12/08 5:02:15 PM#6
Originally posted by Elikal

I've experienced the exact opposite, so by definition you are wrong.

Next..

Meltdown

Novice Member

9/12/08 5:16:26 PM#7

It depends on your:

*server

*player skill

*class makeup

I've played both sides and at least in the first scenario seen it go either way with destruction fully 3-capping and also with order 3-capping.

"They essentially want to say 'Correlation proves Causation' when it's just not true." - Sovrath

Black_Elvis

Apprentice Member

To be frank they are just hotdogs, their girls are relish, and they need to ketchup on their pimpin.

9/13/08 3:37:27 AM#8

In my experience, Destro so far is a bunch of ex-alliance sucktards looking to even the score with the next big thing.

banshe13

Novice Member

9/13/08 4:04:33 AM#9

Destruction is over poped and order will learn to play befor the zerg but after abit the zerg will learn to play as well as order and have the zerg and thats when the end will start just look at DAOC atm where mids  have the 3 vs 1 zerg and play better then alb/hib and the alb/hib jump ship to mid or quit                                                                                                                                                                                   they need to cut servers they have in half and a cut off at high till it go to mid player base for Destruction that will fix the  over pop problum right there some maynot like it but but you know what its better then have no rvr from lack of order and the few out there get rolled in a few secs

geldonyetich

Novice Member

9/13/08 4:31:03 AM#10

It's funny that there seems to be a belief that Destruction si doing better because they have a higher population. 

I look at the server screen and it says pretty clear what the populations of "Order" and "Destruction" are.  Go look at that server screen right now, and you'll probably notice what I did.

On most the servers, destruction is actually greatly outnumbered right now!  "Low" on all servers for Destruction, while Order ranges from "Low" to (at one point today) "Full" and queing.

daelnor

Advanced Member

9/13/08 4:40:52 AM#11

Even in DAOC...if you hung around longer than it took to get rolled a few times in a row...you'd realize that over the course of time things balanced out on their own.

Granted, the sissy crybabies that can't handle not winning every fight would leave the underdog realm. To balance that, we said good riddance 'cause most of those guys sucked ass anyway. Gank guilds from other servers would come to the underdog for the challenge and the status they would get for wiping the floor with the zerg.

I prefer being the underdog realm, to be honest. It's a lot more fun in the long run, you never run out of targets. Granted, you can't run solo and expect to live long, but if you get with a guild or two that can organize at least two full groups, you can Pwn anything. (except major keep fights...need the whole alliance for some of those.)

Point being, just because you don't have 1000 random noobs standing beside you, doesn't mean you are going to lose.

What garantees losing is being a crybaby brat that wants to whine and quit when it isn't easy.

My advice, suck it up and organize. A well organized group will mow down triple its numbers of random enemies running around all trying to do their own thing.

focus fire and crowd control. 'nuff said.

Teiman

Novice Member

9/13/08 7:24:34 AM#12

ventrilo > zerg

ninjaartz

Novice Member

9/13/08 1:08:50 PM#13

Another pointless thread.. Sighhh

User Deleted
9/13/08 3:48:38 PM#14
Originally posted by geldonyetich

It's funny that there seems to be a belief that Destruction si doing better because they have a higher population. 

I look at the server screen and it says pretty clear what the populations of "Order" and "Destruction" are.  Go look at that server screen right now, and you'll probably notice what I did.

On most the servers, destruction is actually greatly outnumbered right now!  "Low" on all servers for Destruction, while Order ranges from "Low" to (at one point today) "Full" and queing.

That was actually a bug, where destruction was reported low for all servers. It's back to normal again.

Though order does seem to be catching up a little bit.

They still have the bug where it reports you have order players on every server though, lol.

Rollotamasi

Apprentice Member

9/13/08 4:12:57 PM#15

From what I have seen its not just numbers that give destro a advantage or the missing empire tank. Its really ONE thing.

Destro has couple of classes that are just flat out BETTER then their order counterparts.  Swordmaster VS chosen is a JOKE.  Chosen have tons of group utility, good DPS and are all around good.  Swordmasters are not.  And DoK's VS warrior priests.  DoK's buffs are better, their healing is better and their DPS is better.  The first couple patches really need to be focused on balancing the classes or there is going to be a serious issue.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

shyguy101

Novice Member

9/13/08 4:34:29 PM#16
Originally posted by Rollotamasi

From what I have seen its not just numbers that give destro a advantage or the missing empire tank. Its really ONE thing.

Destro has couple of classes that are just flat out BETTER then their order counterparts.  Swordmaster VS chosen is a JOKE.  Chosen have tons of group utility, good DPS and are all around good.  Swordmasters are not.  And DoK's VS warrior priests.  DoK's buffs are better, their healing is better and their DPS is better.  The first couple patches really need to be focused on balancing the classes or there is going to be a serious issue.

SM counter is a black orc!? Yes you are right about Dok but priest seem to be a little better on the survivability side. SM's abilitys are great in RvR but you have to time them right and they are better on the offensive with a big two-hander.  Btw Ironbreakers are just as good as chosen.