Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,844,238 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,706
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » open rvr ruleset change!!!!

17 posts found

Novice Member

OP  9/11/08 6:57:53 AM#1

you are now aloud to play 1 tier lower than the normal tier you zre aloud to be in in open RvR servers only, because they had to many whiners.....that is all

ProfRed

Apprentice Member

9/11/08 7:18:18 AM#2

The 'Tome Unlockers'...  The people that really want tome unlocks are still pissed, but at least the gankers are happy.  I can't say it wouldn't be a little fun to roll through T1 PQ's as a full level 20 group, but I know the people in the T1 PQ's won't be having much fun with it.  I wonder... how many level 6's it takes to defeat a group of 20's working together...

Smikis

Apprentice Member

9/11/08 7:44:45 AM#3
Originally posted by ProfRed

The 'Tome Unlockers'...  The people that really want tome unlocks are still pissed, but at least the gankers are happy.  I can't say it wouldn't be a little fun to roll through T1 PQ's as a full level 20 group, but I know the people in the T1 PQ's won't be having much fun with it.  I wonder... how many level 6's it takes to defeat a group of 20's working together...

50-100? probably way more

Magsato

Novice Member

9/11/08 9:01:43 AM#4

I am 100% for a method in which I would be able to go back to help my friends in lower tiers without a worry of being "chickened". This however is not the way I feel it should be done because of the exact reason you stated.

My Idea goes as such: First place a level along with all attacks, they already scale by level so they much check level at some point, well put a minimum level attached to a spell or attack that matches the level at which it was recieved. Now simply reuse the Bolster ability but to opposite effect. Say your lvl 30 and you want to go back to RVR in the tier 1 zones. Use a reverse Bolster that drops you down to level 11 and as such all those attacks check against you as a level 11 and thus many will grey out and the rest will drop in damage.

Tactics dont provide a real advantage just little helpful extras, they could all be allowed just simply scaled to level, same as morale attacks(when was the last time you got to rank 4 morale in tier 1 rvr? I dont think those uber powerful r40 morale attacks will be an issue). This will give you a small advantage due to your actual level but nothing that would truly make you overpowered.

As far as armor and weapons I am not sure how to go about lowering them so as to put them in line with lower level armor. I have not seem them so I can not attest to the stat values on them, they may be +20 they may be +70 to stats I am not sure. Perhaps a scaling to put them in line. Say at 20 you get 70% of your stats from armor and weapons, 30 you get 50%, 40 you get 30% or so.

anyhow, just an idea.

Shard101

Novice Member

9/11/08 9:06:03 AM#5

Open PVP will fail .. Just like Mordred and Andred did.

banthis

Apprentice Member

9/11/08 9:08:03 AM#6
Originally posted by Shard101

I think Mythic expects it too..they're main concern has always been the Core Servers.

Xennith

Novice Member

9/11/08 9:09:42 AM#7

perhaps, but it might be a rousing success. its worth the attempt i guess, theres enough people who want it. even if they are insane.

Shard101

Novice Member

9/11/08 9:10:55 AM#8
Originally posted by banthis

I think Mythic expects it too..they're main concern has always been the Core Servers.

You think Mythic gives a fly'N fick what some snotty nosed immature bratt wants?

Mythic should look at it like Decent Guilds do, why should we give a crap about them. Any guild worth a damn does Vent interviews to weed this trash out.

Anyone wanting to gank lowbies half their lvl or more go here and try this game:

https://www.wizard101.com/site/home2/wizard101/page_8ad6a4041aa7b7bd011ac6f9ae9805fe/page_8ad6a4041aa7b7bd011ac6f9ae9805fe;jsessionid=0ACEE468D8E38A3A53BD3B31E83A4E22

Magsato

Novice Member

9/11/08 9:19:06 AM#9

You seem like a very angry man...

...I think ill back away slowly now...

User Deleted
9/11/08 9:22:39 AM#10

You think Mythic gives a fly'N fick what some snotty nosed immature bratt wants?

Mythic should look at it like Decent Guilds do, why should we give a crap about them. Any guild worth a damn does Vent interviews to weed this trash out.

Anyone wanting to gank lowbies half their lvl or more go here and try this game:

https://www.wizard101.com/site/home2/wizard101/page_8ad6a4041aa7b7bd011ac6f9ae9805fe/page_8ad6a4041aa7b7bd011ac6f9ae9805fe;jsessionid=0ACEE468D8E38A3A53BD3B31E83A4E22

(to green text) Yeah, I think they want their money.

Coldren

Advanced Member

9/11/08 9:23:51 AM#11
Originally posted by Magsato

I am 100% for a method in which I would be able to go back to help my friends in lower tiers without a worry of being "chickened". This however is not the way I feel it should be done because of the exact reason you stated.

My Idea goes as such: First place a level along with all attacks, they already scale by level so they much check level at some point, well put a minimum level attached to a spell or attack that matches the level at which it was recieved. Now simply reuse the Bolster ability but to opposite effect. Say your lvl 30 and you want to go back to RVR in the tier 1 zones. Use a reverse Bolster that drops you down to level 11 and as such all those attacks check against you as a level 11 and thus many will grey out and the rest will drop in damage.

Tactics dont provide a real advantage just little helpful extras, they could all be allowed just simply scaled to level, same as morale attacks(when was the last time you got to rank 4 morale in tier 1 rvr? I dont think those uber powerful r40 morale attacks will be an issue). This will give you a small advantage due to your actual level but nothing that would truly make you overpowered.

As far as armor and weapons I am not sure how to go about lowering them so as to put them in line with lower level armor. I have not seem them so I can not attest to the stat values on them, they may be +20 they may be +70 to stats I am not sure. Perhaps a scaling to put them in line. Say at 20 you get 70% of your stats from armor and weapons, 30 you get 50%, 40 you get 30% or so.

anyhow, just an idea.

That's actually a really good idea. I'd certainly like to be able to go back and miss any tome unlocks I want to get.

Ender4

Advanced Member

9/11/08 9:24:59 AM#12

This implementation of open RvR is pretty much going to fail like Mordred did. If they just removed the chicken mechanic from PvE areas or made it only chicken you if you attacked someone you'd see a good 30% of the servers open RvR I bet, but this system still allows ganking AND at the same time limits content, the worst of both worlds. I'll be surprised if this ruleset supports more than 2-3 servers.

It just makes no sense at all.

Shard101

Novice Member

9/11/08 9:25:51 AM#13
Originally posted by Noggin

So they settle to waste resources on a couple servers for this and 1 year later they are almost empty and will need to be clustered?

User Deleted
9/11/08 10:18:53 AM#14
Originally posted by Noggin

So they settle to waste resources on a couple servers for this and 1 year later they are almost empty and will need to be clustered?

Umm, yes... They are actually doing it... Are we talking about the same thing here?

banthis

Apprentice Member

9/11/08 10:23:36 AM#15

Maybe next time you should can the asshole behavior and actually take the time to read & comprehend.  Everything mythic has designed, everything they've said they've been damn up front about as well they dont like ganking and they know their PVP servers failed so they obviously don't give a Damn and haven't Given a damn about the Open Servers.  They merely tacted it on like every other game that has Open Servers so that the people who want to be assholes can be assholes.

I really could give a flying frak about Open servers myself I'mg oing core so next time you want to cuss at me and be rude to me You better damnw ell know what the frak your talking about motherfrakker.

BTW if Mythic listened to only guilds and ignored everyone else their game would completely suck monkey ass like WoW.

ProfRed

Apprentice Member

9/11/08 10:30:30 AM#16

Maybe next time you should can the asshole behavior and actually take the time to read & comprehend. 

Trolls don't have this kind of aptitude.

banthis

Apprentice Member

9/11/08 10:32:44 AM#17
Originally posted by ProfRed

Maybe next time you should can the asshole behavior and actually take the time to read & comprehend. 

Trolls don't have this kind of aptitude.

so very true man