Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Star Wars: The Old Republic | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,643,020 Users Online:0
Games:681  Posts:6,076,774
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » War lion and engineer questions!

8 posts found
  Raserei

Novice Member

OP  9/11/08 1:40:50 AM#1

I haven't had time to play beta much, I only got to level 4 on white lion and engineer. Im definately choosing one for my main but im not sure which one. Are either of them underpowered compaired to others? I was doing scenarios and white lion seemed to get steamrolled. Engineer did ok, but the turrets attack REALLY slow. Anyone play these classes at the higher levels? How are they?

Emotions

Novice Member

9/11/08 3:38:54 AM#2

well the reason you were stream rolled is because either you didn't have a good healer around you. Or you just attacked a tank :). Or maybe to low level.

But don't expect to see real combat untill you have been able to get some mastery points ,rewown points ,morale abilities and tactics.

Sikhander

Advanced Member

9/11/08 8:07:51 AM#3

They are very different: WL is about melee DPS (single target or AE) with some utility while engineer is ranged DPS (single target or close range AE) with alot of utility.

You can spec your engineer to have less utility and get more DPS or your WL to have less DPS with more utility but the archetypes are: DPS - WL>Eng, Utility Eng>WL and that engineer is ranged and WL melee.

Fensus

Novice Member

9/11/08 11:47:54 AM#4

both are great DPS classes... as stated above one is ranged and one is melee.

Since you've briefly played both the classes, i'd say it comes down to the gameplay for each class. Engineers are neat... but if are focusing on PVP you may find that they are a bit annoying to relocated every 2 minutes to keep up with your pvp group or zerg. Where as the white lion is more free to run around cauing trouble.

alternatively if you like pve alot more, the engineer is great for camping monsters and stuff, where the white lion falls back to just a support dps for a tank/healer

omegaman

Novice Member

9/11/08 12:09:33 PM#5

I personally like the WL more seems the DPS is better to me.Plys the turrets get annoying like you said resetting them.

Now that pathing issues were fixed or close to it on WL I would say they are more survivable of the 2

Cotillion99

Novice Member

9/11/08 12:12:00 PM#6

I know in they gave the magus an ability to summon his demons to him in later levels, i bet they did the same thing for the engineer, but can't swear by it as I don't play order.

Fensus

Novice Member

9/11/08 1:02:35 PM#7
Originally posted by Cotillion99

I know in they gave the magus an ability to summon his demons to him in later levels, i bet they did the same thing for the engineer, but can't swear by it as I don't play order.

i think there is some truth to this, but regardless. the engineer is about LOCATION LOCATION LOCATION

*NOTE however that this isnt exactly a negative thing... if you're like me, theres nothing more satisfying than sitting on a keep wall during a siege mowing people down endlessly*

shadout00

Novice Member

9/11/08 1:11:27 PM#8

The White Lion is an amazing DPS character. In Scenarios you need to watch your ass and make sure you have a good healer, with that you can maximize your DPS. Here's a screenie of what I am talking about.

http://i401.photobucket.com/albums/pp98/shadout00/WAR2008-09-1011-52-11-50.jpg

I'm at the top, and I have several more where those came from lol. Notice how we didn't completely steamroll them either.