Trending Games | The Crew | Elder Scrolls Online | Lichdom: Battlemage | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,843,826 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,221,619
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Vote if you would like this class in game

14 posts found
  vala2008

Novice Member

Warhammer Offline: Age of Registration

OP  9/10/08 7:20:20 PM#1

considering the lack of coolness in WAR for the Order side i think that two classes are needed:

Knights of the Blazing Sun: Empire Tank/Flame AoE

Slayer: Dwarven melee dps, complete with red mohawk

The classes are:

Just fine as it is
Not bothered
Might be interesting but i wont play
Yes add them
I would play one of them
I would change from destruction
(login to vote)
  Axum

Novice Member

What if?

9/10/08 7:22:06 PM#2

Slayer (lorewise) is impossible just to let you know

Starbuck1771

Elite Member

9/11/08 1:27:30 AM#3
Originally posted by vala2008

considering the lack of coolness in WAR for the Order side i think that two classes are needed:

Your poll is a fail. You have only put in stuff for the order side and didnt even bother with destruction.

User Deleted
9/11/08 1:33:27 AM#4

I don't see what you hope to achieve from this poll / post.

Of course everyone would like to see the 4 cut classes returned, but that's not up to us, is it?

SteamRanger

Advanced Member

I don''t have to know how to make a better game, I only need to know where the "CANCEL" button is!

9/11/08 1:34:52 AM#5
Originally posted by Starbuck1771

Your poll is a fail. You have only put in stuff for the order side and didnt even bother with destruction.

I don't know where your head's at, considering that it appears that Destruction will outnumber Order server pops at release. This is a valid topic. Maybe the OP isn't interested in Destruction. That doens't make his survey "a fail". Since you're so interested, why don't you do your own survey? If not, put a cork in it.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
"People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

vala2008

Novice Member

OP  9/11/08 2:20:35 AM#6

Yes my concern here is how to get more population into the order side rather tahn servers in favour of destruction....and in response to the loremaster...yes slayers are able they feature on the cover of the original Warhammer fantasy roleplay book and there is even a troll slayer (a famous one) in one of the promo vids, so i dont see why the slayer isnt a feasable class lorewise.

User Deleted
9/11/08 3:56:59 AM#7

Yes my concern here is how to get more population into the order side rather tahn servers in favour of destruction....and in response to the loremaster...yes slayers are able they feature on the cover of the original Warhammer fantasy roleplay book and there is even a troll slayer (a famous one) in one of the promo vids, so i dont see why the slayer isnt a feasable class lorewise.

Just have the Hammerer as proposed in the past and people won't get upset. :)

Haelix

Novice Member

''Wisest is he who knows he does not know''

EQ DAoC AC EQ2 DDO V HL GW LoTRO AoC WoW WAR(beta)

9/11/08 5:11:07 AM#8

The problem with this poll isn't its relevence or lack thereof, it's the choice's vagueness. The question posed is about wanting "this class" in the game. But the only poll options are that we want two classes, want none, switch realms, don't care etc, etc,  It isn't very focused.

But, the actual question itself is valid, just the poll options could have been better laid out. Personally I'd think the human Knight would be the best choice for Order side. The other two Order races already have tanks, and the Knight would fill the big shiny, tough tank role that Order's lacking.

In order to balance it out tho you'd have to add one of the pulled Destruction classes as well. Add them as a pair to keep everyone happy and maintain balance. In this instance the delf Black Guard seems to be the obvious choice. Once again, the other two destruction races already have tanks.

Plus these two classes apparently weren't as unbalanced and buggy as the choppa/hammerer pairing was. Would prolly take less work to get them worked out and into the game than the greenskin/dwarf set. I wouldn't be surprised at all to see these two show up in the game in a future patch. After they get most of the launch bugs and kinks worked out of course. I mean you need to have priorities and I guarantee these are back burner issues to Mythic till after the launch craziness settles down.

CrazyIvor

Novice Member

"I am Jack's complete lack of surprise"

9/11/08 5:19:34 AM#9
Originally posted by BRYANBARTLEY

If i remember correctly they have taken oaths to seek the most powerful enemies they can and die fighting them? As a result of something that they have done in the past to bring shame to their names?  I remember them being really good in the tabletop game, out of curiosity why you would say they are impossible to play?

Playing: Nothing
Retired: Runescape, DAoC, SWG, Planetside, Guild Wars, WoW, EVE, Battleground Europe, LOTRO, AoC, WAR.
Tried: Pretty much everything!

banthis

Apprentice Member

9/11/08 12:19:17 PM#10
Originally posted by CrazyIvor

If i remember correctly they have taken oaths to seek the most powerful enemies they can and die fighting them? As a result of something that they have done in the past to bring shame to their names?  I remember them being really good in the tabletop game, out of curiosity why you would say they are impossible to play?

Because it wuold be utter destruction of the lore to have a Slayer running around doing PvE fetching n go kill wolves quests.  It would be utter destruction of the lore to have a Slayer Dying and coming back to life.  It would be utter destructino of the lore to have a Slayer wearing Armor since he would have to ahve some sort of armor like clothing to customize himself otherwise Gear whores will bitch a storm he looks the same forever.    It would be utter lore destruction to have him fighting anything other than the biggest badest monsters in the game from level 1.

Slayers are not good Player Classes if a game wishes to respect the Lore.    There is also NO class on the Destruction side that is similiar so if they were to put in a 1 shot slayer mechanic where the toon perma deaths there is no match on the otherside thus it breaks the balancing system.   Mythic & Gamesworkshop went through all these thoughts and suggestions last year before OB even started and decided the Slayer would present to many Lore problems to be useable in a respectful manner in an MMO game.

btw KNights of the blazing sun is planned for WAR it was temporarily scrapped for launch because it was medocre and unfinished so please OP and people like the OP stop bitching. 

Launch is less than a week away there's no way a class is suddenly going to stop sucking and be ready for launch and magically appear in the game.   They did like cities state things will come into the game as free content once they're ready.   I've found there's little an issue with population balance during OB there's plenty of classes that can substitute for the KotBS not to mention a team that plans what they're doing will steam roll the otherside even if they're missing tanks.

topics like this one and anything involving the Slayer being a player class are Ultra 2 year old Dead Horse topics...can we please stop beating it..there's only some bits n gore left.

Cotillion99

Novice Member

9/11/08 12:25:55 PM#11

While i know it would take some... stretching of the lore to put slayers in I do think it would be cool if they brought back KotBS and made the melee dps class the slayer.  Instead of armour they could have some sort of Tattoo mechanic.  It could even be opposite a savage orc the melee dps orc class.  They probably went through this already and found it wasnt a viable but seems cool to me.

teknician

Novice Member

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"
-Steven Wright

9/11/08 12:30:53 PM#12

I always have a tendency to start dark when I join a game.  I've been testing as many race/classes as possible before release and so far, I've actually found I enjoy playing light characters better.  I'll probably end up playing BW.

SteamRanger

Advanced Member

I don''t have to know how to make a better game, I only need to know where the "CANCEL" button is!

9/11/08 1:57:50 PM#13

I'd like to know this as well. After a little research, the only thing I could find was a citation that said Slayers prefer to travel in groups with other slayers. The whole Gotrek and Felix series pretty much quashes that one. Considering the liberties that Mythic's already taken with the lore, it doesn't seem that much of an impediment to me. Personally, I think they'd be a real barnburner of a class and their distinctive traits make them a natural for melee DPS. Of course, there would be a lot of them as I think they'd be quite popular with the Wolverine groupies.

Also, it just occurred to me that the first Warhammer Dwarf we see in the first released cinematic is a Slayer. In fact, my partner, seeing me playing the Open beta client asked, "Where's the Dwarf with the mohawk that spits his tooth out? That looked like the most interesting part of the game!"

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
"People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

vala2008

Novice Member

OP  9/11/08 6:32:01 PM#14
Originally posted by LordDraekon

I'd like to know this as well. After a little research, the only thing I could find was a citation that said Slayers prefer to travel in groups with other slayers. The whole Gotrek and Felix series pretty much quashes that one. Considering the liberties that Mythic's already taken with the lore, it doesn't seem that much of an impediment to me. Personally, I think they'd be a real barnburner of a class and their distinctive traits make them a natural for melee DPS. Of course, there would be a lot of them as I think they'd be quite popular with the Wolverine groupies.

Also, it just occurred to me that the first Warhammer Dwarf we see in the first released cinematic is a Slayer. In fact, my partner, seeing me playing the Open beta client asked, "Where's the Dwarf with the mohawk that spits his tooth out? That looked like the most interesting part of the game!"

check out the career path of the slayer in the Warhammer Fantays Roleplay game. What he said about the slay was pretty much spot on to what is writen. And in response the the guy saying taht you cant have a mad slayer as a PC thats just really being picky...its a game and you can get around it...no character in lore can die and come back and die again and come back...also you dont need armour you can have tatoos or tropheis that add bonus.

Again i will stress the reason for original post was to enphasis some more coolness for Order. I been taking pics of all of the classes and the amount of fine detail to end game armour for destruction side is so much nicer and crisp than a lot of the Order (bar knights and SW).

As a side note the Troll Slayer appears on the front cover of the table top game, as he features in the cinematic...dont know why they came up with hammerer its like they have always got to stick metal around dwarves or something.