Trending Games | ArcheAge | Trove | WildStar | Forsaken Uprising

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,870,250 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,593
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

14 posts found
  Farseen

Novice Member

Good Frames Won't Save Bad Paintings.

OP  9/10/08 5:51:05 PM#1

I feel like only pessimistic people view these forums. Is anyone else having a good time like me? it's buggy, yeah, it's laggy every now and then, yep....but i'm having a blast. Can't wait to start my Black Orc once it's released.

Favorite Moment thus far:

Nordenwatch:
Running up behind a crowd of Order whom are all paying attention to the crowd below and slaying 2 bright wizards before anyone turned around. No where to run! Just fight me or jump off the cliff into a pit of CHAOS! Who thought the game could be so fun with a total of a mere 6 abilities?

haha.

Anyway, this post is just a light in this darkness, don't bash me-

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

gbooster

Novice Member

9/10/08 8:10:09 PM#2
Originally posted by Farseen

I feel like only pessimistic people view these forums. Is anyone else having a good time like me? it's buggy, yeah, it's laggy every now and then, yep....but i'm having a blast. Can't wait to start my Black Orc once it's released.

Favorite Moment thus far:

Nordenwatch:
Running up behind a crowd of Order whom are all paying attention to the crowd below and slaying 2 bright wizards before anyone turned around. No where to run! Just fight me or jump off the cliff into a pit of CHAOS! Who thought the game could be so fun with a total of a mere 6 abilities?

haha.

Anyway, this post is just a light in this darkness, don't bash me-

Ahh yes, the PvP is exhilerating!  My most fun moment was when a Warrior Priest friend and I (IronBreaker) held down an objective in a scenario, just the two of us, as wave after wave of poorly coordinated Destruction players tried to kill us (which they didn't), while the rest of the group claimed the rest of the objectives.

User Deleted
9/10/08 8:24:50 PM#3

now that i got the g15 workjing it is a lot better for me, I'm having fubn too, but my heart belongs to another game

Coldren

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 8:27:45 PM#4

I am absolutely in love with this game.. Damn near close to fanboi status.

Odd thing? I haven't encountered almost any problems at all.

I think I found a new home.

cmann40

Novice Member

9/10/08 9:37:27 PM#5

this game is awesome. Best game to come out in a long time. I love the rvr and public quest system. Ignore the trolls they hate everything except it seems wow which got boring quick for me

miichael

Novice Member

9/10/08 10:54:03 PM#6

this game made me give up mmo's and start painting minature warhammer figures

still like the game the dork in my was just released and my wife wants to paint them also

Saekora

Novice Member

9/10/08 11:01:49 PM#7

It really is awesome. Pre-ordered it. :)

Centhan

Novice Member

9/10/08 11:22:51 PM#8

I just had a very awesome experience as well in open RvR (the beginning "human" area, I went as my dwarven Rune Priest).  It was my first experience in true open RvR in this game, and I recently noticed that there are little battle symbols on the map showing where the action is.

I was in open RvR areas before, but they were ghost towns.  It actually had me concerned that no one would play these great areas, and everyone would be playing the scenerios.

Anyway, it was a back and forth type fight, had to be around 20 vs 20 at the very least.  I joined the frey with Destruction having us pushed all the way back to our gate bordering the "safe" area.  I immediately had frightening thoughts of CoH PVP (I use the term loosely in that game) where it was nothing but a camp fest of one team outnumbering and camping the zone-in area.  To make a long story short, we kept plugging away at them and pushing them back...due to my super healing in no small part  ;) 

We finally captured the 2 points they held after some really tough fighting (there are 3 points in the zone, but we already owned the furthest one from us).

The really shocking and "omg" part was we pushed them all the way back to their starting gate, and we figured on giving them a bit of what they gave us.  However, when we looked to the right up a long slope, they were all standing there like it was a firing range at a turkey shoot, and we were the turkeys.  Since I obviously don't know the maps yet, it was very surprising to see them all lined up there, and it took me quite by surprise with them raining death from above.  It really looked super.

Well, just had to share that.

I'm really starting to like the game a lot myself.  If they clean up the bugs and take care of graphical glitches, they will have me as a player for quite some time.  Personally, I would like to see the PvE in this game eliminated.  In my opinion in serves no purpose, it's not done too well, and they should concentrate on making the RvR the best it can be.

Dhaeman

Advanced Member

9/10/08 11:48:06 PM#9

Well if you want to find a group of people who will concentrate more on PvP there's always the open RvR ruleset. I'm still against it unless they reverse the chicken decision (or find another way to unlock ToK items in lower tiers at later levels) but at least the fun pvp stuff would be more filled up.

rtPizzott

Novice Member

9/11/08 7:26:39 AM#10

Before opening a thread like this max your char, explore the game.

Your valutation means nothing, since you just started to play.

Everyone is making the same mistake, Im pissed off.

It seems like everyone is waiting to create a character and open a thread to write good things about a game they didnt test at all.

Please, stop that, now. You're confusing other people.

kelemit

Novice Member

9/11/08 7:45:47 AM#11
Originally posted by rtPizzott

It seems like everyone is waiting to create a character and open a thread to write good things about a game they didnt test at all.

Dude... you make no sense to me.

Next time you write a good review on a car, make sure you own it for atleast 10 years, put 100,000 real time miles on it, then give us your opinion.

Otherwise, your valutation means nothing, since you just started driving the car!!!!!

Seriously, its impossible to do what you say, therefore, your argument is flawed and foolish.

Let me ask you a question?  Is life good?  Yes?  Why... you are wrong, you can't say that!!!  Be born, live to atleast 60+ years, experience a wife, children, education, an annoying dead end job, the joys of a great job with many advancements, retirement, and then die...

THEN you can tell us how good live is, otherwise, your valuation of life means nothing, since you just started living your life...

Sigh... failed argument, and failed logic.

Kelemit

ThomasN7

Apprentice Member

"Had to be me. Someone else might have gotten it wrong.” - Mordin Solus

9/11/08 7:51:02 AM#12

It is really a good game that will have really good success. I know I am having a great time playing the game.

gbooster

Novice Member

9/11/08 8:12:55 AM#13
Originally posted by rtPizzott

That's a rough start for a first post man...  I think the other fellow is right, your logic is lacking.

omegaman

Novice Member

9/11/08 12:33:30 PM#14

The wow Fanboys are getting old....I played wow from closed beta till a few weeks ago..it was good pve the pvp flat stinks it a grindfest like everything in wow.Grind out rep ,grind instances for pve armor,grind arena for arena gear which come next season start all over.

Now the PVP in warhammer is sweet actually get something for doing it .Also it's just plain fun not being stun locked,feared to death,or as in Daoc mezzed till the end of time.

Yes Warhammer is huge fun and for the real pvpers aka ex daoc guys this will be great.You  kiddies who just wanna grind out and stunlock are welcome to stay in wow.