Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Elder Scrolls Online | Neverwinter

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,848,418 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,222,852
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Order: It's own Worst Enemy? Poll Inside.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
32 posts found
  TheHavok

Apprentice Member

"Free crack and everybody gets laid."

9/10/08 10:32:07 PM#21

I agree with the OP for the most part.  Destruction just look cooler in every aspect.  But Mythic had the right idea in being able to make your character look battlescared and rough around the edges in the character customization screen.  I've made all my order characters look like they've been through hell and back.

Haelix

Novice Member

''Wisest is he who knows he does not know''

EQ DAoC AC EQ2 DDO V HL GW LoTRO AoC WoW WAR(beta)

OP  9/10/08 10:43:24 PM#22
Originally posted by AlienShirt

While I do agree some of the classes could use some improvement in the looks department I don't think the Ironbreaker (which is an excellent class) or the Swordmaster (it's nice to see an agile tank once ina while) are that bad looking.

I agree they don't look "bad", the style is interesting and the art, though not as good as te destruction sides art, is still decent.

However most people that want to play a tank want to play a large, pissed off, bulky tanky tank. They want it to "look" tough as well as being tough. And though the two classes don't look bad in any way, noone would ever confuse them for Big Tough Tanky Types. And so they don't really appeal to most  people wanting to play as a "tank".

Acesquared

Novice Member

9/10/08 11:12:43 PM#23

tbo, i wanted to play a dual wielding tank, but was told that only Black Orcs can dual wield.  However, don't really care for the orc face/teeth look, guess i'm alittle to vain to play such an ugly pos, haha.

Wanted to play an order tank, but i'm not too excited about playing a short fat tank, or a tall skiny sissy looking tank in a robe either.

Dont really wanna play the Chosen tank out of concern of being one of a million Chosen tanks.  Why do i think they will be overplayed, simply b/c i think most ppl are not gonna want to play some ugly ass, short/fat ass, or tall skinny faggety ass tank.

but that's just my $0.02 worth

Peace,

Aces

Black_Elvis

Apprentice Member

To be frank they are just hotdogs, their girls are relish, and they need to ketchup on their pimpin.

9/10/08 11:53:14 PM#24

When I play on my Archmage... Order wins.

When I play on my Shaman... Destruction wins.

i.e.   Healers win the battle.  The meat sheild's looks matter less than the healer behind him/her.

SteamRanger

Advanced Member

I don''t have to know how to make a better game, I only need to know where the "CANCEL" button is!

9/11/08 12:12:11 AM#25

I've been saying this from my first experience with the game. Not only do they need the Knight for Order, they need to get the Dark Elf Tank added too. I have a suspicion that is the reason the Elf RVR area is so sparse of Dark Elves. Because they have no Tanks to soak up the damage from a full complement of High Elf Classes, they move to the Empire / Chaos zones where they can have Chosen and Marauders leading the charge for them, contributing to the imbalance. This makes it pitiful for the Empire players in the first RvR zone. As a Witch Hunter, I died a lot.

I just hope that Mythic doesn't grab for a quick-fix and start nerfing Bright Wizards, Chosen, and any other class that people start to whine about. The game is unfinished, period.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
"People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

Haelix

Novice Member

''Wisest is he who knows he does not know''

EQ DAoC AC EQ2 DDO V HL GW LoTRO AoC WoW WAR(beta)

OP  9/11/08 12:13:44 AM#26
Originally posted by Black_Elvis

i.e.   Healers win the battle.  The meat sheild's looks matter less than the healer behind him/her.

True, but now, remove the meat shield from the equation entirely and retry that scenario. The problem is a shortage of tanks due to the unappealing artstyle of the order tanks (not bad, just not tankish). Not a statement about how said tanks play, just that they aren't played enough.

Black_Elvis

Apprentice Member

To be frank they are just hotdogs, their girls are relish, and they need to ketchup on their pimpin.

9/11/08 12:15:03 AM#27
Originally posted by Haelix

True, but now, remove the meat shield from the equation entirely and retry that scenario. The problem is a shortage of tanks due to the unappealing artstyle of the order tanks (not bad, just not tankish). Not a statement about how said tanks play, just that they aren't played enough.

Agreed.  

Black_Elvis

Apprentice Member

9/11/08 12:19:22 AM#28

One thing tho... Swordmasters are really tough SOBs.

In most games tanks are strong vs. melee and weak vs. casters... its the nature of rock/paper/scissors PVP.  The Swordmaster, however, will have strong magical defenses and dodge/parry for melee.

I think people will come around and learn to appreciate the 2Hander, clothie tank.  In open beta I already fear them as a caster.

SteamRanger

Advanced Member

I don''t have to know how to make a better game, I only need to know where the "CANCEL" button is!

9/11/08 1:23:13 AM#29

In most games tanks are strong vs. melee and weak vs. casters... its the nature of rock/paper/scissors PVP.  The Swordmaster, however, will have strong magical defenses and dodge/parry for melee.

I think people will come around and learn to appreciate the 2Hander, clothie tank.  In open beta I already fear them as a caster.

I usually play Elves and I love the Swordmaster, but the fact is that many people simply don't want to play Elves or Dwarfs and it's wrong for Mythic to expect Empire players to "import" their Tanks. I plan on playing a Swordsmaster, but that doesn't solve the problem. Mythic needs to fix this - yesterday.

"Soloists and those who prefer small groups should never have to feel like they''re the ones getting the proverbial table scraps, as it were." - Scott Hartsman, Senior Producer, Everquest II
"People love groups. Its a fallacy that people want to play solo all the time." - Scott Hartsman, Executive Producer, Rift

Dosas

Novice Member

9/11/08 3:10:06 AM#30

The Swordmaster wears heavy armor. It's the visual style that looks like samurai robes. And they tank with sword and board just like the others, they just start with 2 handers for extra coolness

QGoddyQ

Novice Member

:)

9/11/08 5:44:19 AM#31

Well, first I wanted to play high elfs, but they were so ugly, no way I was going to play them.

So I took a dwarf instead, was the only one who looked decent on the order side.

xgoddyx Xfire Miniprofile
  Saekora

Novice Member

9/11/08 9:30:29 AM#32

The Order is rather visually unimpressive compared to Destruction. The High Elves are just bland, Dwarves are too Dwarvey, and the Humans are simply...human. I do, however, like my Bright Wizard.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search