Trending Games | Destiny | ArcheAge | WildStar | Mythborne

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,206 Users Online:0
Games:738  Posts:6,238,509
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Public Quests after the initial release rush?

14 posts found
  Egro

Novice Member

OP  9/10/08 4:40:52 PM#1

After the intial release rush, maybe in 6-months or so, when the rate of new characters being made drops considerably, what will Public Quests be like?

Already in OB most of the PQs I come across in tier2+ are completely deserted.  They aren't soloable so I just have to move on.  I see plenty of people running around.  The population is similar to making a new character has been in WoW for the last couple years.

Will the lower tier Public Quests just sit and collect dust then?  Just a thought.  They are a ton of fun and it's such a great concept.  Sucks having to pass them up constantly.

spikers14

Novice Member

9/10/08 4:44:38 PM#2

I think I can answer this to a certain degree.

I rolled up on a PQ that only had one other person doing it -- late at night. So I figured wth...I'll give it a shot

Of course what ensued was A LOT of running back. :) Fun stuff...

After killing of the required amount of things, boss rolls out...we cant kill it. Other player leaves, so now its just me. this encounter had a timer on it -- 10 minutes I believe.

Times pops, encouter is over...I get to roll on loot....what

I win loot...for losing....hawt :)

Long story short: This remains to be the best peice of gear* I've managed to get in the game so far....and won in such an odd fashion

finnmacool1

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 4:46:08 PM#3

You may not be able to complete a pq solo but you can farm the first part for the reknown/influence whatever it is solo. In that way you can still get the 3 rewards for that chapters pq's. You just wont be able to get a roll on the chest loot from completing one.

spikers14

Novice Member

9/10/08 4:49:46 PM#4
Originally posted by finnmacool1

You may not be able to complete a pq solo but you can farm the first part for the reknown/influence whatever it is solo. In that way you can still get the 3 rewards for that chapters pq's. You just wont be able to get a roll on the chest loot from completing one.

umm...I got to roll on a chest..all by myself even. :)

boomerangx

Novice Member

I hope Aion doesn't suck...

9/10/08 4:58:24 PM#5

"- Players will be chickened when entering an area that is two tiers below their level (ex. A Tier 3 player entering a Tier 1 area.)"

that is a small part of the news update from the devs...

so you WILL be able to go into a teier below you without turning into a chicken - you can easily then solo any quests you want , including PQs

at level 19 i can solo pq's at the start of tier 2 anyway...

I play a lot of games...

Egro

Novice Member

OP  9/10/08 5:17:05 PM#6

Open Beta is my first stint in WAR.  Do the rewards from all these PQs justify that kind of back tracking to get them?  I would kind of expect the solo quest rewards to be similar to the PQ rewards of the previous tier.

Tallrock

Novice Member

9/10/08 5:39:17 PM#7

If they dont raise the level caps (which I assume they won't) there will always have new peoples or rerolls to group with.

Back in WoW or even DAoC I was usually able to form a group for dungeon runs (except a few months after wow BC was launched, the playerbase was split off in 70 leveles instead of 60 making it harder to find people of your own level).

I assume guilds will form for players that are around the same rank level in order to find people to group with.

You may also try to convince 4-5 players in your zone that are running solo to come up for a PQ ( I guess they wont say no to a chance to roll on some fancy loot, unless they are idiots).

As you guys question yourselves right now about if you will be able to run certain PQs tell yourself that chances are that someone else may be wondering the same thing. Just stay open to forming groups for PQs. For me they are like dungeons or group quests that are REPEATABLE and contain LOOT FOR ME. I will always end up finding people to help me or people that need help.

MegaMew

Novice Member

9/10/08 6:54:45 PM#8

I haven't been able to roll for loot on an incomplete PQ either... But the one time it happened to me I died just before the time ran out (and the only other person attempting the PQ with me asked me why I respawned, didn't know why, because the last I checked I didn't have a self rez), and the other I don't think I made it to the final quest... So maybe you have to get to the final stage in order to qualify.

How would I handle it? Maybe make the mobs scale... As it is now, usually only the top 5-6 can roll for loot. So I'd set it so that if, say, four or less are attempting the PQ, they have overall less resistance for some stages (such as one I attempted where you need to destroy three Dwarf water tanks while getting swarmed with Champion mobs that you also need to kill), and the end Heroes will be no higher than Champion. With some safeguards thrown in within and between the stages to prevent exploiters from doing the bare minimum of contribution for Stage 1, leaving altogether for a while, and then running back in and fighting a much weaker end boss.

The way it is now is just fine too, though.

GreenChaos

Novice Member

9/10/08 7:45:06 PM#9

Ask a few guild mates to join you.

Aren_D

Novice Member

9/10/08 8:12:26 PM#10

Is loot BoP or BoE? I only managed to get to second stage with my ranger. Kinda hard to solo chapmions :(

"Don't argue with dick-heads, they will drag you down to their level and then beat you with experience"

Ender4

Hard Core Member

9/10/08 10:54:36 PM#11

1 person can solo the 1st step of a PQ.

2-3 people can solo the 2nd step or even 1 person for some of them.

4-5 people can solo the 3rd step of the majority of them with a decent class mixup.

Worst case scenario if you hate to work with others you can go to each of the 3 PQs in a chapter and do step 1 and cycle through it that way for the influence. You can also level up via PvE just skipping the PQs or you can level up via scenarios and RvR. I don't think it will be a major issue.

Endlos

Novice Member

9/11/08 12:06:06 PM#12
Originally posted by Egro

After the intial release rush, maybe in 6-months or so, when the rate of new characters being made drops considerably, what will Public Quests be like?

Already in OB most of the PQs I come across in tier2+ are completely deserted.  They aren't soloable so I just have to move on.  I see plenty of people running around.  The population is similar to making a new character has been in WoW for the last couple years.

Will the lower tier Public Quests just sit and collect dust then?  Just a thought.  They are a ton of fun and it's such a great concept.  Sucks having to pass them up constantly.

Well I think a good bit of that has to do with the character wipe effect.  People flooded the crap out of the servers for the first few days.  After the got a taste of the game, they aren't logging in so much any more, because until the head start...starts their individual progress means nothing.

I'm thinking the populations will be much higher (and more stable) in Live.  Between having a ton more players, those players will be making alts, etc.

I am concerned that a huge amount of content in this game sort of depends on other players being around (scenarios, RVR, PQs all hinge on high server pop) but I'm fairly convinced you can't really judge that by open beta populations.

On top of that, at least for PQs, the majority of them can be done in smallish groups.  If you can't find the people required already there, you could ask around.

Digna

Advanced Member

The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.

9/11/08 12:15:56 PM#13

Duno. On my server, I can get into a scenario within 5 minutes without stop. Not ATM of course cause everything is broked

butters88

Novice Member

9/11/08 12:16:36 PM#14

I think part of the reason for PQ's being so deserted in Tier 2+ is because many of the people in beta, like myself, are not even going to bother getting past about lvl 10 since it means nothing and the characters get wiped anyways. Hopefully we'll see alot more people doing them at launch.