Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Swordsman | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,774,688 Users Online:0
Games:721  Posts:6,188,992
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

8 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  9/10/08 4:04:19 PM#1

Completely fixed now, I can use my thumb button on my mouse to target and my g keys 

Over all character creation and costumization , annoyingly dull, uncreative and almost a 1st gen feel to it, was unimpressed , specially the coked out High Elves, if you where ever curious about what a crack addict looks like, just take a loook at those "high" elves .

Start area aesthetics are unbalanced, the Human area is far superior to any of the Order sides and from what I gather the Destruction side is amazing, High crack elf area felt cramped, unamaginitive and sloppy.

Far clipping ? don't like to see fog a few hunder feet , OB should be trying to crash the servers with everything wide open to get information, not hold things back to aviod a Conan "wopps"

Who else has some annoying things, big or small if it annoyed you , let us know about.

(before you fan boys jump down my throat I will be doing another thread for psotive things later this week:)

Rollotamasi

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 4:06:39 PM#2

Umm....Yeah.  I don't have a lot of complaints about the game so far but my  major one is targeting.  It just blows.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

randomt

Novice Member

9/10/08 4:19:44 PM#3

A few points to address:

Originally posted by solareus
For  the Targeting, cause I'm old my hands are slow, so not being able to bind targeting to my Logitech mouse is just stupid and annoying.
G15 kweyboard , does not work with this game, who ever is going to add a in game macro system  but not let players use an inferior macro keyboard,? annoying, yes

I have a G15 as well, and a logitech g9 mouse. I assume the ctrl- or alt- or shift- combos don't work because of the way the game binds left/right alt/ctrl/shift instead of just the main one.. but I got around that quite simply by rebinding the keys i wanted to use on the g15 as the following ,./;'[ which worked quite well. (I have =-0987, ,./;'[ and ins/home/del/end/pgup/pgdown, using all 18 of my g15 keys in the game)

Same applies with my mouse.. I rebound some keys in the game, and bound that key to the extra mouse buttons... this the logitech SetPoint software lets me do.

My mouse was not scrolling smoothly when playing, when I moved forward and tried to turn with the mouse, it was all jaggy and very annoying,

Perhaps hardware vs software mouse mode would explain that sort of thing.. not sure if WAR has a setting for that

As for character customization, yea, the options are limited.. the plus side of that is that there is less variety in the models your screen displays to you when around many players, so it is probably faster to parse and gives better performance. At least we can color our gear quite easily and differentiate ourselves that way a little bit :]

Start areas.. I've played the dwarf, greenskin and human ones.. and although they have different scenery and such, all 3 seemed fine to me... course this one falls under personal opinion so no arguments there.

As for targeting.. I find it easier once i realized there's a key to target nearest enemy instead of target next enemy, (N by default i think), once i noticed that it made things much easier (I put tab as target nearest and put target next elsewhere)

----
my sig: firefox users, install flashblock addon to get rid of annoying flash advertisements. Stupid flash.

User Deleted

OP  9/10/08 5:05:21 PM#4

working now after i patched up.

User Deleted

OP  9/10/08 5:41:07 PM#5

G15 Keyboard WORK now ! woot .

gbooster

Novice Member

9/11/08 11:29:20 AM#6
Originally posted by Rollotamasi

Umm....Yeah.  I don't have a lot of complaints about the game so far but my  major one is targeting.  It just blows.

The newest patch did alot of good things.  As far as targeting goes you can now set an option to make it so you can click through your character instead of selecting him.  That should make mouse targeting alot easier.

They also fixed the Ironbreaker dot stacking bug, which was seriously needed as they were doing way moer damage than they should have.

bluegoo2

Novice Member

9/11/08 11:33:44 AM#7

Completely fixed now, I can use my thumb button on my mouse to target and my g keys 

Over all character creation and costumization , annoyingly dull, uncreative and almost a 1st gen feel to it, was unimpressed , specially the coked out High Elves, if you where ever curious about what a crack addict looks like, just take a loook at those "high" elves .

Start area aesthetics are unbalanced, the Human area is far superior to any of the Order sides and from what I gather the Destruction side is amazing, High crack elf area felt cramped, unamaginitive and sloppy.

Far clipping ? don't like to see fog a few hunder feet , OB should be trying to crash the servers with everything wide open to get information, not hold things back to aviod a Conan "wopps"

Who else has some annoying things, big or small if it annoyed you , let us know about.

(before you fan boys jump down my throat I will be doing another thread for psotive things later this week:)

The LotRO fanboi is complaining about character customization... Talk about being a hypocrite.

Grrl

Advanced Member

I'm not your type. I'm not inflatable.

9/11/08 11:35:33 AM#8
Originally posted by Rollotamasi

Tab button.