Trending Games | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Star Wars: The Old Republic | EverQuest | Pirate101

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,901,214 Users Online:0
Games:753  Posts:6,271,656
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Polish? Warhammer ran out of paint.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
52 posts found
  Roin

Advanced Member

9/11/08 2:23:13 PM#41

OP, hope you bought  a nice flame resistant suit.  Because you'll need it.   Most of the people that will trash your comments.  Skimmed your post.  They wont' actually read it.  They'll skim and see that you said some "not so nice" things about war.   Then proceed to verbally rip you a new one.  With colorful terms like "troll".  Welcome to the War Online OB Discussions.  Enjoy your stay.

Edit: Bladin I see you have met some of the Bright Wizards i've grouped with lately.  Got to love seeing Bright Wizards rush to front of line.  Drop one spell then immeadiately get dropped before number two is even a thought.  Then of course they turn to me and go "why didn't you heal me?".  Of course my reply is.  I did, that extra 2 seconds you lived was because of the HoT's I threw on ya.

In War - Victory.
In Peace - Vigilance.
In Death - Sacrifice.

ariwins

Apprentice Member

Current MMO''s pale in comparison to the glory days of MUDs.

9/11/08 2:35:40 PM#42

Anyone remember when wow launched, how warriors formed online protests because there ENTIRE CLASS was bunk? Naked warrior groups on bridge to SW and stuff like that? Know what war did with a few of the classes that felt that way? They removed them from launch. There is enough game there that they were able to do that without destroying the product.

While I'm still up in the air about whether I like the game or not, it has nothing to do with polish, or lack of content. I'm going to buy and try for a few months, and if I don't have fun, then I won't play. That's the beauty of online games.

Your opinion is valid, insofar that it is only that, your opinion. Now you have mine.

Bladin

Novice Member

9/11/08 2:55:41 PM#43
Originally posted by Roin

OP, hope you bought  a nice flame resistant suit.  Because you'll need it.   Most of the people that will trash your comments.  Skimmed your post.  They wont' actually read it.  They'll skim and see that you said some "not so nice" things about war.   Then proceed to verbally rip you a new one.  With colorful terms like "troll".  Welcome to the War Online OB Discussions.  Enjoy your stay.

Edit: Bladin I see you have met some of the Bright Wizards i've grouped with lately.  Got to love seeing Bright Wizards rush to front of line.  Drop one spell then immeadiately get dropped before number two is even a thought.  Then of course they turn to me and go "why didn't you heal me?".  Of course my reply is.  I did, that extra 2 seconds you lived was because of the HoT's I threw on ya.

I read his post, and frankly a lot of his information is down right.. wrong or misinformed.

Heck he went into the t4 areas, realized hey theres no content for level 20's(Why would there be).  Then said omg once i outlevel content i can't go back! the horror.

Then he goes "well all there is to do at end game is rvr siege".... yeah... because that's what WAR has always been about since day 1! it isn't a mystery.

His lag comment? it's true. Collision detection? i don't agree with his statement about that.

The talisman comment is true, unless you yourself go to craft talismans you won't get any.  But it doesn't really matter either way, the slots are there just in case you get one, the items themselves have enough stats.

Heck from this line of his post "At level 11 in trollhills rvr, MOST of the time fire cage would fail, I would dart into a group of destruction and try to root them, and nothing, nada, I'd just get killed." It's fairly obvious that this kid doesn't even know how to play the game, nor how each class fits into team scenario's

Dameonk

Novice Member

9/11/08 7:04:06 PM#44
Originally posted by Yamota

This post shows one thing; Fanboys are far worse for a MMORPG than people who dont like it because they spend 99% of their post bashing the critics rather than arguing the actual points being brought up.

If the OP had any points I might argue against them.

The problem is, almost all of his so called "points" are just his opinions, and therfore, can not be argued, other then to say, I do not agree with you.

I would say that in this thread the "fanboy" posts are a lot more grounded in fact than the OP's.  Just read Bladin's responses.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

Teganx

Novice Member

9/11/08 7:36:28 PM#45
Originally posted by Malleusma

MMOs played: WoW, Tabula Rasa, LOTRO

It is now less than one week to release.

The least finished game I have seen, this close to release. What have they been working on for 3 years? Seemingly not much besides the rvr mechanics.

I spent a few hours in Altdorf, here's what I noticed. There were 2 items in the auction house. 2! There are vendors in the library that have lists of dozens of items all listed as 'pants' none of the items are pants. There are maybe 20 vendors in Altdorf that have nothing to sell.

Bright Wizard college, a fairly large multi storied instance inside of Altdorf. There are oh about 35-45 npcs inside of it. I was playing a Bright Wizard, there is one quest in the whole building. And nothing else to do there.

There are a couple level 20-ish hostiles inside of Altdorf on the streets, oh that's going to be fun if lowbies ever show up there. Based on the fact that I only saw about 15 players in Altdorf in 2 hours there, that may not be a concern.

There are only 4 (FOUR!) travel points in the whole game. By level 12 there is nothing to do in the the first zone. By level 20 nothing to do in the first 2 zones. At end game it seems there will be only one zone to play in and one activity, trying to take the other sides city. One dimensional gameplay. Great an entire MMO with the final result being an Alterac Valley or Warsong Gulch, with just a bunch of noise to distract you on the way to getting there.

There is something seriously wrong with the games communications engine, the lag at times is HORRIBLE, the actual locations of players and mobs is unpredictable. In an uncrowded area I can cast a long range spell on a mob and the next thing I know they are right on top of me, nothing in between. The decision to turn on collision between players only in RvR is the most flawed idea in the entire game. Collision detection requires more communications overhead and 'locking' type decisions. Turning it on when you have the most players together in an area just makes everything run worse at the most crucial times. And its not like the collision physics themselves are worth anything, there is no glancing collisions that might redirect your path, get anywhere near a friendly or hostile player and it's like running into a brick wall, Dead stop.

Talismans, I started getting gear with talisman slots about level 6-8, I spend a couple of hours looking for something to put in the slots. I looked for a talisman trainer, or a vendor, or on the AH, three strike outs. Asked in guild chat where to get them, I was told you can get them from quests, but some of them won't slot or work.  By level 12 I still had not seen a reward for them. Not much point having the slots in the gear for them at level 6-8 is there?

A week before release with things in this state. That's where they ran out of paint.

I played a Bright Wizard to level 11 3/4 nd RR 10. My impressions: Its like playing a wow fire mage with half the dps and half the hit points. It was not fun to play by level 8, I held out until I got fire cage rootiing spell to see if that helped survivability. At level 11 in trollhills rvr, MOST of the time fire cage would fail, I would dart into a group of destruction and try to root them, and nothing, nada, I'd just get killed.

In fact that's what Bright Wizards do best, they die. I must have died over 200 times, and that's not counting the deaths from putting myself in danger on purpose. The class is so fragile, that in rvr with like 20 v 20 facing off across a no mans land area, the only way to do anything was to dart in, cast 1 or 2 times and run back like a little girl.  if a melee class ran over to get me, they could 1-2 shot me 85% of the time and run back and survive.

THIS CLASS IS ABOUT 1 ON A FUN METER TO PLAY! NOT FUN. RUNNING FROM REZ POINT 30 TIMES AN HOUR IS NOT FUN. FUN = NO.

Since this is the only Order ranged caster, and that's the only class I like to play, well nothing in Warhammer for me or anybody else like me.

I ddint finish reading after your first sentence. The least finished game youve seen so close to release? You started your MMO career with WoW. You have very little MMO experience therefore I cant take this sentence seriously. Especially if you werent in the betas of the other 3 games you have played. And actually I shouldnt even count your play time in TR because that game was a joke before and after release.

If you had a full MMO resume like a lot of us you would know that this game is extremely polished. Its more polished than most games after release in beta!

playing: darkfall
waiting: earthrise

Dameonk

Novice Member

9/12/08 2:43:49 PM#46
Originally posted by UbahNecro

Who the f*ck said this game was based on solo PvP? Why are you telling us this?

The OP referred to running into mobs of enemy players and RvRing by himself.  That is why Bladin is telling you that.

When did I say that I was a front line fighter?

You didn't, he wasn't referring to your post.

I guess that's the good thing about Warhammer, even the most retarded players feel like they can give PvP lessons.

Maybe you should make sure you know what you're talking about before insulting someone and just making yourself look like a jerk.

Bladin was not talking about your post.  He was and has been referring to the OP.

"There is as yet insufficient data for a meaningful answer."

Spaceweed10

Apprentice Member

Where do we go from here?

9/12/08 4:07:15 PM#47
Originally posted by Malleusma

MMOs played: WoW, Tabula Rasa, LOTRO

It is now less than one week to release.

The least finished game I have seen, this close to release. What have they been working on for 3 years? Seemingly not much besides the rvr mechanics.

I spent a few hours in Altdorf, here's what I noticed. There were 2 items in the auction house. 2! There are vendors in the library that have lists of dozens of items all listed as 'pants' none of the items are pants. There are maybe 20 vendors in Altdorf that have nothing to sell.

Bright Wizard college, a fairly large multi storied instance inside of Altdorf. There are oh about 35-45 npcs inside of it. I was playing a Bright Wizard, there is one quest in the whole building. And nothing else to do there.

There are a couple level 20-ish hostiles inside of Altdorf on the streets, oh that's going to be fun if lowbies ever show up there. Based on the fact that I only saw about 15 players in Altdorf in 2 hours there, that may not be a concern.

There are only 4 (FOUR!) travel points in the whole game. By level 12 there is nothing to do in the the first zone. By level 20 nothing to do in the first 2 zones. At end game it seems there will be only one zone to play in and one activity, trying to take the other sides city. One dimensional gameplay. Great an entire MMO with the final result being an Alterac Valley or Warsong Gulch, with just a bunch of noise to distract you on the way to getting there.

There is something seriously wrong with the games communications engine, the lag at times is HORRIBLE, the actual locations of players and mobs is unpredictable. In an uncrowded area I can cast a long range spell on a mob and the next thing I know they are right on top of me, nothing in between. The decision to turn on collision between players only in RvR is the most flawed idea in the entire game. Collision detection requires more communications overhead and 'locking' type decisions. Turning it on when you have the most players together in an area just makes everything run worse at the most crucial times. And its not like the collision physics themselves are worth anything, there is no glancing collisions that might redirect your path, get anywhere near a friendly or hostile player and it's like running into a brick wall, Dead stop.

Talismans, I started getting gear with talisman slots about level 6-8, I spend a couple of hours looking for something to put in the slots. I looked for a talisman trainer, or a vendor, or on the AH, three strike outs. Asked in guild chat where to get them, I was told you can get them from quests, but some of them won't slot or work.  By level 12 I still had not seen a reward for them. Not much point having the slots in the gear for them at level 6-8 is there?

A week before release with things in this state. That's where they ran out of paint.

I played a Bright Wizard to level 11 3/4 nd RR 10. My impressions: Its like playing a wow fire mage with half the dps and half the hit points. It was not fun to play by level 8, I held out until I got fire cage rootiing spell to see if that helped survivability. At level 11 in trollhills rvr, MOST of the time fire cage would fail, I would dart into a group of destruction and try to root them, and nothing, nada, I'd just get killed.

In fact that's what Bright Wizards do best, they die. I must have died over 200 times, and that's not counting the deaths from putting myself in danger on purpose. The class is so fragile, that in rvr with like 20 v 20 facing off across a no mans land area, the only way to do anything was to dart in, cast 1 or 2 times and run back like a little girl.  if a melee class ran over to get me, they could 1-2 shot me 85% of the time and run back and survive.

THIS CLASS IS ABOUT 1 ON A FUN METER TO PLAY! NOT FUN. RUNNING FROM REZ POINT 30 TIMES AN HOUR IS NOT FUN. FUN = NO.

Since this is the only Order ranged caster, and that's the only class I like to play, well nothing in Warhammer for me or anybody else like me.

What complete and utter garbage - enjoy WoW, c ya!

Locklain

Novice Member

9/12/08 4:10:45 PM#48

This thread is still floating around. . .seriously.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
_______
|___|
\_______/
= ||||||
=
|X| \*........*/ |X|
|X|_________|X|
You wouldn't understand

Thenarius

Novice Member

9/12/08 4:19:37 PM#49

-The content is decent tbh, not compared to WoW but it's just an almost released game, you can comment about that

-That's why Altdorf is a T4 content and not a place to show off like SW. Altdorf is a fightning place.

-There are lots of flying places, it's just that probably only 2 warbands were unlocked for you.

-The lag is horrible because it's beta. Collision system may me annoying at first but it will be great for a high-lvl guild with Vent.

-BW is fun once you get your instant. Actually, it's fun even at your level if you don't rush into 10 people. Instead, stick with your group, stay behind and watch how you destroy people with 100 Comb.

Deathstrike2

Novice Member

"We must accept finite disappointment, but never lose infinite hope." - Martin Luther King, Jr.

9/12/08 4:53:24 PM#50
Originally posted by SignusM

Its beta, why the hell would anyone be crafting and putting stuff on the auction house? As for the pants issue, thats a quick database fix. All MMOs have little bugs like that years and years after release. As for 4 travel points, who cares? Probably only the WoW kiddies (oops you are one) that are used to being able to teleport everywhere and bypass the world.

If you think this is the mots unfinished game, you clearly have had your head in the sand.

Yay for dumb questions!  Maybe BECAUSE it's beta, people might want to try crafting and putting stuff on the auction house to SEE if it works BEFORE release.  See how that works?  You test stuff in beta.  All stuff.

Oh, and assuming someone is a "WoW kiddie" because they don't like a game that you do is....well, childish to say the least. 

It is fairly obvious from the title of this thread that the OP probably wasn't going to be happy with WAR.  And yet, dozens of turds click on it anyway and then spaz out when they see something they don't agree with.  Funny stuff.  Sad, but funny...

Zahzul

Apprentice Member

9/12/08 5:24:28 PM#51

"MMOs played: WoW, Tabula Rasa, LOTRO..."

I stopped reading there...

Zahzul Xfire Miniprofile
  Jetrpg

Novice Member

9/12/08 5:48:10 PM#52

Wow the OP is just wrong (factually) on so many points its ratehr said , but oh well.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search