Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Swordsman | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,956 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,950
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Polish? Warhammer ran out of paint.

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
52 posts found
  Malleusma

Apprentice Member

OP  9/10/08 3:44:34 PM#1

MMOs played: WoW, Tabula Rasa, LOTRO

It is now less than one week to release.

The least finished game I have seen, this close to release. What have they been working on for 3 years? Seemingly not much besides the rvr mechanics.

I spent a few hours in Altdorf, here's what I noticed. There were 2 items in the auction house. 2! There are vendors in the library that have lists of dozens of items all listed as 'pants' none of the items are pants. There are maybe 20 vendors in Altdorf that have nothing to sell.

Bright Wizard college, a fairly large multi storied instance inside of Altdorf. There are oh about 35-45 npcs inside of it. I was playing a Bright Wizard, there is one quest in the whole building. And nothing else to do there.

There are a couple level 20-ish hostiles inside of Altdorf on the streets, oh that's going to be fun if lowbies ever show up there. Based on the fact that I only saw about 15 players in Altdorf in 2 hours there, that may not be a concern.

There are only 4 (FOUR!) travel points in the whole game. By level 12 there is nothing to do in the the first zone. By level 20 nothing to do in the first 2 zones. At end game it seems there will be only one zone to play in and one activity, trying to take the other sides city. One dimensional gameplay. Great an entire MMO with the final result being an Alterac Valley or Warsong Gulch, with just a bunch of noise to distract you on the way to getting there.

There is something seriously wrong with the games communications engine, the lag at times is HORRIBLE, the actual locations of players and mobs is unpredictable. In an uncrowded area I can cast a long range spell on a mob and the next thing I know they are right on top of me, nothing in between. The decision to turn on collision between players only in RvR is the most flawed idea in the entire game. Collision detection requires more communications overhead and 'locking' type decisions. Turning it on when you have the most players together in an area just makes everything run worse at the most crucial times. And its not like the collision physics themselves are worth anything, there is no glancing collisions that might redirect your path, get anywhere near a friendly or hostile player and it's like running into a brick wall, Dead stop.

Talismans, I started getting gear with talisman slots about level 6-8, I spend a couple of hours looking for something to put in the slots. I looked for a talisman trainer, or a vendor, or on the AH, three strike outs. Asked in guild chat where to get them, I was told you can get them from quests, but some of them won't slot or work.  By level 12 I still had not seen a reward for them. Not much point having the slots in the gear for them at level 6-8 is there?

A week before release with things in this state. That's where they ran out of paint.

I played a Bright Wizard to level 11 3/4 nd RR 10. My impressions: Its like playing a wow fire mage with half the dps and half the hit points. It was not fun to play by level 8, I held out until I got fire cage rootiing spell to see if that helped survivability. At level 11 in trollhills rvr, MOST of the time fire cage would fail, I would dart into a group of destruction and try to root them, and nothing, nada, I'd just get killed.

In fact that's what Bright Wizards do best, they die. I must have died over 200 times, and that's not counting the deaths from putting myself in danger on purpose. The class is so fragile, that in rvr with like 20 v 20 facing off across a no mans land area, the only way to do anything was to dart in, cast 1 or 2 times and run back like a little girl.  if a melee class ran over to get me, they could 1-2 shot me 85% of the time and run back and survive.

THIS CLASS IS ABOUT 1 ON A FUN METER TO PLAY! NOT FUN. RUNNING FROM REZ POINT 30 TIMES AN HOUR IS NOT FUN. FUN = NO.

Since this is the only Order ranged caster, and that's the only class I like to play, well nothing in Warhammer for me or anybody else like me.

teknician

Novice Member

"You can't have everything. Where would you put it?"
-Steven Wright

9/10/08 3:47:56 PM#2

So you haven't tried any other classes?  I've been trying them all.  Kind of pointless to level anything too high since it'll all get wiped after OB anyway.

Inrage

Novice Member

9/10/08 3:48:55 PM#3

Please don't feed the trolls.  Nothing to see here. 

Sorry to hear you didn't like the game, you can go back to WOW now.  Warhammer won't miss you.

SignusM

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 3:52:39 PM#4
Originally posted by Malleusma

The least finished game I have seen, this close to release. What have they been working on for 3 years? Seemingly not much besides the rvr mechanics.

I spent a few hours in Altdorf, here's what I noticed. There were 2 items in the auction house. 2! There are vendors in the library that have lists of dozens of items all listed as 'pants' none of the items are pants. There are maybe 20 vendors in Altdorf that have nothing to sell.

Bright Wizard college, a fairly large multi storied instance inside of Altdorf. There are oh about 35-45 npcs inside of it. I was playing a Bright Wizard, there is one quest in the whole building. And nothing else to do there.

There are a couple level 20-ish hostiles inside of Altdorf on the streets, oh that's going to be fun if lowbies ever show up there. Based on the fact that I only saw about 15 players in Altdorf in 2 hours there, that may not be a concern.

There are only 4 (FOUR!) travel points in the whole game.

Talismans, I started getting gear with talisman slots about level 6-8, I spend a couple of hours looking for something to put in the slots. I looked for a talisman trainer, or a vendor, or on the AH, three strike outs. Asked in guild chat where to get them, I was told you can get them from quests, but some of them won't slot or work.  By level 12 I still had not seen a reward for them. Not much point having the slots in the gear for them at level 6-8 is there?

A week before release with things in this state. That's where they ran out of paint.

I played a Bright Wizard to level 11 3/4 nd RR 10. My impressions: Its like playing a wow fire mage with half the dps and half the hit points. It was not fun to play by level 8, I held out until I got fire cage rootiing spell to see if that help survivability. At level 11 in trollhills rvr, MOST of the time fire cage would fail, I would dart into a group of destruction and try to root them, and nothing, nada, I'd just get killed.

In fact thats what Bright Wizards do best, they die. I must have died over 200 times, and thats not counting the deaths from putting myself in danger on purpose. The class is so fragile, that in rvr with like 20 v 20 facing off across a no mans land area, the only way to do anything was to dart in, cast 1 or 2 time and run back like a little girl.  if a melee class ran over to get me, they could 1-2 shot me 85% of the time and run back and survive.

THIS CLASS IS ABOUT 1 ON A FUN METER TO PLAY! NOT FUN. RUNNING FROM REZ POINT 30 TIMES AN HOUR IS NOT FUN. FUN = NO.

Since this is the only Order ranged caster, and that's the only class I like to play, well nothing in Warhammer for me or anybody else like me.

Its beta, why the hell would anyone be crafting and putting stuff on the auction house? As for the pants issue, thats a quick database fix. All MMOs have little bugs like that years and years after release. As for 4 travel points, who cares? Probably only the WoW kiddies (oops you are one) that are used to being able to teleport everywhere and bypass the world.

If you think this is the mots unfinished game, you clearly have had your head in the sand.

Locklain

Novice Member

9/10/08 3:52:48 PM#5

. . .well nothing in Warhammer for me or anybody else like me. 

That's okay, we won't miss you or anyone like you for that matter.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
_______
|___|
\_______/
= ||||||
=
|X| \*........*/ |X|
|X|_________|X|
You wouldn't understand

banthis

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 3:59:16 PM#6

Hmm a purely pve raiders game...a crappy sci fi game that was ruined the moment they revamped it during beta, and a medocre game for RPers only...limited experience much?

The least finished game I have seen, this close to release. What have they been working on for 3 years? Seemingly not much besides the rvr mechanics.    You must be out of your ever living mind Tabula Rasa was a complete Wipe for its launch..horrible...deplorable the way it launched .. AoC & Vanguard are the only two games that launched worse.  You must be smoking crack.

No one's really going to the city..do you honest expect anyone to carea bout using the AH during A Beta when everything gets wiped on Friday night?    Those items are Pants because they're POCKET items that go on your PANTS in the POCKET slot :) some are miss labeled but honestly you can't Earn any of them until high end anyway so who cares?  20 vendors that sell Gear only for Renown Rank 40 + players.  You can't see the gear if you aren't eligible to buy it. THey do sell stuff.its all purples n blues :) before they made it invisible to lower tier'd chars in beta i got to paruse them often.

Hardlya  reason to cry whine bitch qq.

The BW only has quests etc of a more entertaining nature when the City's Level is Rank 2 or higher..for OB you can't Rank your city..thats right the City gains / loses ranks / Levels GASP! you have to earn stuff as a realm.  

Its a Living city..not everything is friendly..you didn't read up on WAR much did you?  Infact a majority of the city's content besides banks & AH is all high level stuff its why you don't start near the city.

....you are on something..I do agree there's not enough flight paths but there's 2 Flight masters in the city (one only reachable through high level guilds yes guilds have levels!), and 1 at each Tier's warcamp.  They need more but there are certainly more than 4 in the whole game there's for Order Alone 14 flight masters.

I admit talisman making is 1 to hard to figure out in OB and pretty pointless since the only good talismans are permant ones and you throw those away anyway when youre place gear. Personally I'm betting talismans will be a waste until end game.

You need to stop eating paint chips.

I played a Bright Wizard to level 11 3/4 nd RR 10. My impressions: Its like playing a wow fire mage with half the dps and half the hit points. It was not fun to play by level 8, I held out until I got fire cage rootiing spell to see if that help survivability. At level 11 in trollhills rvr, MOST of the time fire cage would fail, I would dart into a group of destruction and try to root them, and nothing, nada, I'd just get killed.

wow you played through Tier 1...in one area..how wsome of you..*sigh*god maybe you were dropped on your head or you just like many other trolls didn't Research a damn thing about the game before trying it.

In fact thats what Bright Wizards do best, they die. I must have died over 200 times, and thats not counting the deaths from putting myself in danger on purpose. The class is so fragile, that in rvr with like 20 v 20 facing off across a no mans land area, the only way to do anything was to dart in, cast 1 or 2 time and run back like a little girl.  if a melee class ran over to get me, they could 1-2 shot me 85% of the time and run back and survive.

You must be a horrible BW...try a different class...I've personally had no problem playing one you just have to play smart and have back up.

In Flexibility is your own fault not the games.

iriegecko

Hard Core Member

9/10/08 4:00:34 PM#7

You played TR and you say that was polished? I pre-ordered the TR CE because I RG would come up with something special. I was wrong. That game played like a pile of garbage on release and for all I know still may play that way.

I played WOW for over 3 years and I thoroughly enjoyed my time in Azeroth, but on release it was glitch-filled and buggy.

LotR, I didn’t play it at release or maybe I did, but it wasn’t memorable.

WHO is in open-beta and is one of the most “polished” games at that stage of its cycle that I have ever seen.

I would be concerned if you said something like, “well every time I cast a spell I CTD.” I would agree that is an issue, but this is beta. You should have filed a petition to the GMs and let them know about some of these issues. Mythic is not going to come to these forums and read your complaints. In beta there is still time to have your opinions heard.

So you didn’t enjoy the game, the community understands. Don’t let the proverbial door hit you on the way out.

Liberdat

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 4:00:48 PM#8

the auction house is up to players to fill. its all about the economy, There isn't really an economy 2days into a beta, its all about players there not the developers...

and as far as the city being empty what do you expect its a beta theres alot of servers and people are trying out alot of features such as rvr, yeah i spent some time searching altdorf and i thought it was amazing, i like the depth to it. how some alleys actually seem quiet and dodgy. and without using the map you can actually get lost in that place....

no offence mate but you've played 3 mmo's and from playing quite alot im guessing your still stuck in that "wow's amazing phase". which i think every mmo player goes through, but when you look at it. wow doesn't have anything that amazing. its just built on previous generations. which warhammer has done also and it has delivered on. remember wow didnt release polished either. people forget that as alot of players went in later on when it was a polished game. wow didnt have the greatest start either. infact i dont think any mmo was perfect on release. it takes a few months for everything to come together post release really.

I've got a bright wizard and ive found it the easiest class to survive on. infact mobs dont even get near me when levelling. so maybe thats saying something about how you play rather then the class. its an amazing ranged caster what are you talking about.

ps. how the hell did you die 12 times an hour???

liberdat Xfire Miniprofile
  Psiho246

Novice Member

~Somewhere in time~

9/10/08 4:04:29 PM#9
Originally posted by Inrage

Sorry to hear you didn't like the game, you can go back to WOW now.  Warhammer won't miss you.

Thats right fanboi, bash the OP. Im sure this game will be perfect at release....or will it?

We all seen what happened to AoC, and so far, I see WAR heading the same way judging from these reports.

I was in AoC beta but I am not in WAR beta so I am not yet sure, but its possible that you and others might get burnt by this game the same way ppl did with AoC.

Best you could do is look at these concerns objectivly and post your concerns on WAR forums (whatever that is) and try and make developers see the errors they made so they can fix things sooner.

But no, you will bash anyone with slightest concern in this game and pretend everything is just fine.

Farseen

Novice Member

Good Frames Won't Save Bad Paintings.

9/10/08 4:11:26 PM#10

It's Beta......and it's an MMO....expect difficulties for at least a couple months. Go back to WoW until Lich King ruins the game like every expansion, then come back and I'm sure you'll have a better time.

*EDIT: ok, saying "ruins the game" is a bit of an overshot, but I just hate how they do it with the armor. as soon as you hit 71... all your 70 gear becomes completely obsolete. not cool man...not cool.

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

Liberdat

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 4:14:41 PM#11
Originally posted by Psiho246

Thats right fanboi, bash the OP. Im sure this game will be perfect at release....or will it?

We all seen what happened to AoC, and so far, I see WAR heading the same way judging from these reports.

I was in AoC beta but I am not in WAR beta so I am not yet sure, but its possible that you and others might get burnt by this game the same way ppl did with AoC.

Best you could do is look at these concerns objectivly and post your concerns on WAR forums (whatever that is) and try and make developers see the errors they made so they can fix things sooner.

But no, you will bash anyone with slightest concern in this game and pretend everything is just fine.

no dont worry man, this game even in beta is alot better and smoother then aoc and that release, people have to remember aoc should still be in beta now really, they released it because of a lack of funds. they had 2 options. early release to get money back and fix problems. or go under and end the game.

liberdat Xfire Miniprofile
  dakota123

Novice Member

Beautiful night tonight, wouldn''t you agree?

9/10/08 4:17:03 PM#12

This isnt the finished game, This is a very simple version for the beta testers. We are onyl here to test the servers and find small bugs. It isn't supposed to be pollished for us. There will be better(although still not that good) graphics when game comes out, the bugs "should" be fixed, and there will be more quests/items/mobs etc. We got the basic version, the smallest file they could give and still give us alot of the game.

If mythic is good at all, like i said, they "should" be able to have the pollished game in retail.

local93bc

Novice Member

9/10/08 4:24:10 PM#13

Is it me or are alot of Wow players not very bright???

You should be banned from this Forum and branded with a big L on your forhead.

I dont think you should be playing a Bright Wizard ....... Period

Try playing Orc there a bit more compatible for you.

xaldraxius

Novice Member

9/10/08 4:24:12 PM#14

OP, I agree that I was underwhelmed by the Bright Wizard, played it to 12 and could deal out some decent dps, but I was a glass cannon at best, so I decided to try the Witch Hunter out and so far I am much more happy with it. Just try some different things, do some PQ's.

markoraos

Novice Member

My dog ate your homework.

9/10/08 4:28:07 PM#15

I played a Bright Wizard to level 11 3/4 nd RR 10. My impressions: Its like playing a wow fire mage with half the dps and half the hit points. It was not fun to play by level 8, I held out until I got fire cage rootiing spell to see if that helped survivability. At level 11 in trollhills rvr, MOST of the time fire cage would fail, I would dart into a group of destruction and try to root them, and nothing, nada, I'd just get killed.

In fact that's what Bright Wizards do best, they die. I must have died over 200 times, and that's not counting the deaths from putting myself in danger on purpose. The class is so fragile, that in rvr with like 20 v 20 facing off across a no mans land area, the only way to do anything was to dart in, cast 1 or 2 times and run back like a little girl.  if a melee class ran over to get me, they could 1-2 shot me 85% of the time and run back and survive.

You are completely insane, there is no point in talking to you.

Take a break from mmos man. WAR is amazingly polished and content-rich for a brand new MMORPG. Go out, meet some girls, play some console games and get pissed (hopefully not in that order). See ya in 6 months.

markoraos

Novice Member

My dog ate your homework.

9/10/08 4:30:52 PM#16
Originally posted by xaldraxius

OP, I agree that I was underwhelmed by the Bright Wizard, played it to 12 and could deal out some decent dps, but I was a glass cannon at best, so I decided to try the Witch Hunter out and so far I am much more happy with it. Just try some different things, do some PQ's.

My wife is really into BWs - so I'll play the valiant Swordmaster to protect her. If only we could find a healer to keep things flowing smoothly and a melee DPS to spice the whole shebang up.... Hmm...

It's all about teamplay folks.

URMAKER

Advanced Member

9/10/08 4:32:00 PM#17

haha post count 1.....you're here to troll we get it. i've played a ton of mmos and warhammer ranks #1 right along side of lotro as most polished game on release.

Cotillion99

Novice Member

9/10/08 4:32:35 PM#18
Originally posted by Psiho246

Way to pounce!  Someone mentioned WoW in a negative light and now you must put your uninformed 2 cents in!  The whole "judging from these reports" comment means you haven't played the game so you don't know what you are talking about.  The comparison to AoC is ludacrous, as WAR in closed beta was better (as in more playable with less bugs) than AoC was after launch.  I do understand that you could see concerns from whats on the board, i probably would to just based off reading, but maybe you shouldn't compare a game you have no real knowledge of to one of the worst disasters of a game I've ever seen.

iZakaroN

Novice Member

\m/

9/10/08 4:41:53 PM#19

Have you played WoW in open beta? Even after release there was no meaningful PvP. WAR looks perfect compared to WoW release.

PS: If you die so much in WAR this mean you die two times more in WoW. In WAR is so easy to escape from death, just you need to look if enemy have focused you. In WoW if enemy team focus you this mean instant death!

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
______\m/_____
LordOfDarkDesire

Greygon

Novice Member

9/10/08 4:49:41 PM#20

A) You must not have played WoW at release.

B) Lotro is a very good game, but it has NO PvP and End Game is SUCH a pain

C) You OBVIOUSLY didn't play AoC lol

This game is VERY clean for this stage.

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search