Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,014 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,944
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » "Target is not attackable."

17 posts found
  Thorsnes

Novice Member

D'oh!

OP  9/10/08 1:51:31 PM#1

GAAAH! Discuss.

Jetrpg

Novice Member

9/10/08 1:54:29 PM#2

If this has been a big problem its brand new and i doubt you'll see it for long. at the end of closed beta and the first preview weekend i did not see this once.

Or your trying to attack something not infront /near you  sometimes it comes up like this.

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

Fensus

Novice Member

9/10/08 1:55:15 PM#3

lol, i agree it can be annoying at times. But to be honest, im fairly used to this lag bug in MMO's. Mythic will fix it eventually.  Its worse in other games... usually when a boss or something becomes unattackble in other MMOs they regen to full HP and you gotta start over. at least in WAR they usually dont regen hp, so u can just attack them again in a couple seconds.

Fensus

Novice Member

9/10/08 1:56:24 PM#4
Originally posted by Jetrpg

If this has been a big problem its brand new and i doubt you'll see it for long. at the end of closed beta and the first preview weekend i did not see this once.

Or your trying to attack something not infront /near you  sometimes it comes up like this.

if you've never seen the bug where a monster is "out of range" or " not attackable" for a few seconds everyonce in a while. then you've obviously only played pvp.

its just a simple bug to with lag.... though the monster appears to be right in front of you, in actually they lagged to somewhere else and they havent updated. takes a few seconds and the monster usually jumps a couple feet away. or just suddenly becomes attackable again

User Deleted
9/10/08 1:57:20 PM#5

As of last night I have stopped seeing this error. I noticed the changelog on the patcher mentioned them doing work on it on the 9th.

Jetrpg

Novice Member

9/10/08 2:03:09 PM#6
Originally posted by Fensus

if you've never seen the bug where a monster is "out of range" or " not attackable" for a few seconds everyonce in a while. then you've obviously only played pvp.

its just a simple bug to with lag.... though the monster appears to be right in front of you, in actually they lagged to somewhere else and they havent updated. takes a few seconds and the monster usually jumps a couple feet away. or just suddenly becomes attackable again

Played in closed and elder for a long time man i have not played much in open beta. And well i figure i must no pop most of my abilities until im close enough (That or i spam my keys too much ). Still never seen it be a real issue (but like i said in my first post have no played in open beta much).

"Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil; in its worst state an intolerable one ..." - Thomas Paine

achesoma

Novice Member

9/10/08 2:08:04 PM#7

Yeah, it's a pretty common bug in a lot of MMOs I've encountered.  Still had that problem in WoW from time to time.  Or my favorite "Too far away to loot that object"

Iselin

The Listener

9/10/08 4:39:45 PM#8
Originally posted by Unicorns_Pwn

As of last night I have stopped seeing this error. I noticed the changelog on the patcher mentioned them doing work on it on the 9th.

Yup. This bug has been squashed.

Saekora

Novice Member

9/10/08 6:16:35 PM#9
Originally posted by Iselin

No, it hasn't been.

Farseen

Novice Member

Good Frames Won't Save Bad Paintings.

9/10/08 6:41:43 PM#10

hahahahaha.... i love that bug. best bug in the game.

- Farseen

Current Game: Panzar

Iselin

The Listener

9/10/08 6:51:55 PM#11
Originally posted by Saekora

No, it hasn't been.

I don't know what to say to that other than "Yes it has...neener, neener, neener"

All I can tell you is that neither I nor anyone else I spoke to in game has seen the bug since the new patch note last night said it was fixed.

There is another time when you can't attack a mob: when it's retreating (trying to get back to it's spawn point) but this is not a bug.

The bug was when you couldn't attack it but it walloped on you.

PrinceDamien

Hard Core Member

"Why are humans destined to meet those who will become important to them?"

9/10/08 6:58:43 PM#12
Originally posted by Saekora

No, it hasn't been.

I don't know what to say to that other than "Yes it has...neener, neener, neener"

All I can tell you is that neither I nor anyone else I spoke to in game has seen the bug since the new patch note last night said it was fixed.

There is another time when you can't attack a mob: when it's retreating (trying to get back to it's spawn point) but this is not a bug.

The bug was when you couldn't attack it but it walloped on you.

Everyday I have played, I have encountered that bugg. The enemy keep hitting me while I cant do anything.
The only thing I can do, is to retreat ad hope it wont happen when I get back. Seen whole mobs of that during PQ, when they keep hitting and the players can do anything.

Edit: Been so even today, so dunno if EU got that patch or what it was, or if it didnt work.

Signing up for Eternal Crusade? Use this link and you'll get 4k extra credits to spend on the Rogue Trade shop. Eternal Crusade Signup

Iselin

The Listener

9/10/08 7:15:51 PM#13

Maybe the EU servers haven't gotten it. On my NA server there was a new patch note if you scroll down to the bottom of the general welcome to beta message last night that was just about this bug. I haven't seen the bug since.

The patch DL was pretty tiny...took less than a minute.

iCeh

Novice Member

9/10/08 11:41:02 PM#14

Hopefully we'll get that patch in the morning, as this bug is a pain in the arse.

-iCeh

Haelix

Novice Member

''Wisest is he who knows he does not know''

EQ DAoC AC EQ2 DDO V HL GW LoTRO AoC WoW WAR(beta)

9/11/08 12:03:16 AM#15

lol, i agree it can be annoying at times. But to be honest, im fairly used to this lag bug in MMO's. Mythic will fix it eventually.  Its worse in other games... usually when a boss or something becomes unattackble in other MMOs they regen to full HP and you gotta start over. at least in WAR they usually dont regen hp, so u can just attack them again in a couple seconds.

Actually, when it happens to me they usually DO regain full health and we have to start over, had it happen like that against a PQ boss even. Though I totally agree with you that it isn't a big deal, doesn't happen too often and usually rights itself.

Black_Elvis

Apprentice Member

To be frank they are just hotdogs, their girls are relish, and they need to ketchup on their pimpin.

9/11/08 1:21:17 AM#16

This problem STILL happens in Warcraft to this day (albeit its more rare now)... so it's not a deal breaker for me.

Jetrpg

Novice Member

9/11/08 8:25:08 AM#17

It funny as other said this has been fixed on NA servers. And there are like 3 threads claiming that this is a game breaking (or otherwise awful) bug, are you not happy they fixed it in a few days.

Seriously the mythic team has been so fast at fixing any major gameplay issues its amazing , they are a good 3-4 times faster at fixing issues in this beta than any other beta i have been in and that is a long list.