Trending Games | Pirate101 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | Guild Wars 2 | The Secret World

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,268 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,325
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » balance, needs some work.

11 posts found
  thirdechelon

Novice Member

OP  9/10/08 10:52:38 AM#1

Ok only talking about low lvl here, i have no idea wat end game will be like. In the Empire VS Chaos scenario: Battle for Norland it just seems really unbalanced when 2-5 chosen charge into our battlelines.

We have about ~6 witchhunters maybe ~4 bright wizards ~ 4 warrior priests, witch hunters being most common pretty much all the time, Chaos Chosen charge up in a group with or without healers and theres next to nothing we can do about it. we get hammerred all the time. i play a witch hunter lvl 10 its torture we just cant down tanks at all.

the lack of tanks in the scenario hurts cause we never have defense versus melee opponents. and having a higher proportion of melee dps is a waste when we're facing tanks, destruction have the pleasure of not having to fight any, so are much more effective.

are Order just playing bad? thoughts?

i reckon unbalanced, 4 chaos class vs 3 empire. if we had a tank instead of a melee dps, it would be fine imo.

there is times when we win, when theres good team work and lack of Chosen zergs.

Fensus

Novice Member

9/10/08 11:54:54 AM#2

I agree with you that the empire/chaos scenario is a little unbalance when it comes to archetypes. But realize that 1 week after launch there will be so many elves and dwarfs in there with you that you'll be able to do just fine (just hide behind the 200 engie sentries)

Till then, i reccomend jumping over to the dwarf/greenskin scenario as it seems to have the highest win chance for order, as well as a good blanace of archtypes.

Rollotamasi

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 11:59:04 AM#3

I agree, the missing tank is really hurting us.  Can't swing a dead cat without hitting a WH but SM's and IB's seem to be in short supply.

-Currently looking forward to FFXIV

-Currently playing EvE and Global Agenda

Hazmal

Novice Member

If you can read this post, it means admins didn''t rickroll me again.

9/10/08 12:09:35 PM#4

I have yet to play Nordenwatch where there is not a multitude of IBs or SMs; granted IBs are far more common but there are still many SMs. 

It is less of a balancing issue as you represent it, and more of a racial pairing issue; straight out of the chute those races without tanks are at a disadvantage.  Dark Elves and High Elves are in the same boat. 

------------------
Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

Fensus

Novice Member

9/10/08 12:12:46 PM#5

except dark elves/high elves pairing favors high elves because they have a tank archetype

Cotillion99

Novice Member

9/10/08 12:14:39 PM#6
Originally posted by thirdechelon

Ok only talking about low lvl here, i have no idea wat end game will be like. In the Empire VS Chaos scenario: Battle for Norland it just seems really unbalanced when 2-5 chosen charge into our battlelines.

We have about ~6 witchhunters maybe ~4 bright wizards ~ 4 warrior priests, witch hunters being most common pretty much all the time, Chaos Chosen charge up in a group with or without healers and theres next to nothing we can do about it. we get hammerred all the time. i play a witch hunter lvl 10 its torture we just cant down tanks at all.

the lack of tanks in the scenario hurts cause we never have defense versus melee opponents. and having a higher proportion of melee dps is a waste when we're facing tanks, destruction have the pleasure of not having to fight any, so are much more effective.

are Order just playing bad? thoughts?

i reckon unbalanced, 4 chaos class vs 3 empire. if we had a tank instead of a melee dps, it would be fine imo.

there is times when we win, when theres good team work and lack of Chosen zergs.

Wow if you were in a scenario with NO tanks t hen yes you are royally screwed.  Its really weird that in your server no one was playing in different areas then the one they started in or had guild/friend groups that queued together.  The balance is actually really good as long as you have a good spread.  If you dont have tanks or healers or dps you are going to be screwed.  As to order not having a tank its not really a problem- i mean in destruction side Dark elves don't have a tank but we still win Khaine's Embrace 9 times out of 10... but then again i usually do Scenarios with guild groups using voice chat so things run a tad smoother.

vala2008

Novice Member

Warhammer Offline: Age of Registration

9/10/08 12:25:00 PM#7

i totally agree that the 4 classes (including tank) for chaos totally out powers the 3 classes without tank for empire. To equal this i brought over my high elf swordmaster to the battle front....and in 10 battles i go healed in one of the scenarios. After i mentioned, or if i asked for healing the responses i got was, 'Roll destuction if you dont like it,' or 'go back to wow'.

So rerolled and will be on the destuction side from now on:)

the point here is that even if order do get tanks they dont know how to use them and leave them too it. the way it seems that most who play order have a lone hero mentality and dont bother in a team effort.

Hazmal

Novice Member

If you can read this post, it means admins didn''t rickroll me again.

9/10/08 12:32:31 PM#8
Originally posted by Fensus

except dark elves/high elves pairing favors high elves because they have a tank archetype

I assumed that inference was a given.

------------------
Originally posted by javac

well i'm 35 and have a PhD in science, and then 10 years experience in bioinformatics... you?
http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/218865/page/8

Fensus

Novice Member

9/10/08 1:04:38 PM#9
Originally posted by Hazmal
Originally posted by Fensus

I assumed that inference was a given.

Assumption: Credited

Roin

Advanced Member

9/10/08 2:07:13 PM#10

Part of what you describe is one of the reason I do not like, how War is right now.  If they were going to cut out the classes.  They should have worked in the ability to queue to any Racial Scenario you want.  Because right now, even with the best tactics.  You get rolled in certain scenario's.  Because right now that mirror they are talking about, is more like a broken mirror.

In War - Victory.
In Peace - Vigilance.
In Death - Sacrifice.

jakin

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 2:31:18 PM#11

Frankly I'd be shocked if any game were "balanced" all the way through - much less this one in particular.

There are going to be rough patches to any game where the sides are not carbon copies of one-another.  I'm sure there'll be some point in the leveling curve where the Destruction side is getting hammered over and over.