Trending Games | Pirate101 | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2 | EverQuest

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,794 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,542
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Open Beta access disaster

1 posts found
  kelstar

Novice Member

OP  9/10/08 8:54:38 AM#1

Greetings,

I'd just like to voice my discontent about how things are going with regards to my attempts to get into European Open Beta WAR.

After spending days downloading the cilent with a cheap B-grade P2P client (which incidentally had a tendency to crash everytime you left the computer, and that happens a lot when the download speed averages between 50 and 90Ko), I finally have all the files and am ready to go.

Installation process went fine, then get to the moment of account creation = catastrophic. Can't create an account, and when I finally got through I had to wait for a confirmation email which took another 48 hours to get, then when clickign the email to confirm registration I get a message saying "Your account is suspended"

The best part is that on the website there are news items suggesting "good news for all you waiting for email confirmations, it now works!" Well, it sure as hell doesn't work for me, and I have a few mates who still can't get in either. Misleading people won't help your cause guys :)

I was curious about WAR and the new features, etc. The world is also one I'm interested in and brings me back to the days of Warhammer Battle. But, if they can't sort out this situation now, I'm not very optimistic about how things will go from here on... I do hope it gets better, but if first impressions are the ones that count, I'm sure as hell not very impressed at all...