Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Guild Wars 2 | TERA: Rising

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,645,818 Users Online:0
Games:687  Posts:6,084,476
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

10 posts found
  Razimus

Advanced Member

OP  9/10/08 3:34:55 AM#1

This game is storyline rich, the breakthrough thing about this game is the open quests, the massive rvr possibilities, and the way the map and quests are set up, for those that have played this game for 1 hour and think it is crappy, the problem with your perspective is probably

a. you didn't choose dwarfs

b. your videocard sucks buy a new one

c. you blindly follow wow and fear this will take it over

d. you haven't played the game long enough, you need to walk through the map for a considerable ammount of time before you realise how many DIFFERENT types of quests are available in this game, there are A. regular quests, B. chapter OPEN quests, C. realm open quests, D. RvR quests, and there's probably other ones I haven't seen yet, I've only played 3 characters but one up to lvl 7, one up to lvl 6 and the other up to lvl 5, and I like to spread out my characters while testing so I'm not ruining the game for myself, the point is to test not to max out your test char, I prefer dwarfs, I am a little disappointed the Ironbreaker is supposed to be immovable and strong, but they seem to die within a few seconds while the Engineers fire shots and the Rune Priests shoot lightning from the sidelines, I gotta say Engineer is probably the most powerful dwarf class, but don't take my word for it.

--- Razimus

PapaLazarou

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 3:41:04 AM#2

E.

You cant accept that people have different opinions and will post their feedback on the game good or bad and for some reason youf eel the need to defend the game froma ll these bad comments though they are based on the truth and alot of the same points keep coming up again and again and again like piss poor animations and people arn't finding the combat fun.

Why do you feel the need to insult people who are posting negative feedback? This is what happens with every mmorpg where all the fanbois come to the forum to defend the mmorpg from any bad feedback like they work on the PR team for that mmorpg. Then the game gets released and all of a sudden everyone acts shocked that the game isn't as great as people made outand start slagging off the game saying how they've been lied to.......

I woulda hoped that people would have smartened up by now but it seems they're still getting their hopes up for the next big mmorpg.

gan3f

Novice Member

9/10/08 3:48:07 AM#3
Originally posted by Razimus

This game is storyline rich, the breakthrough thing about this game is the open quests, the massive rvr possibilities, and the way the map and quests are set up, for those that have played this game for 1 hour and think it is crappy, the problem with your perspective is probably

d. you haven't played the game long enough, you need to walk through the map for a considerable ammount of time before you realise how many DIFFERENT types of quests are available in this game, there are A. regular quests, B. chapter OPEN quests, C. realm open quests, D. RvR quests, and there's probably other ones I haven't seen yet, I've only played 3 characters but one up to lvl 7, one up to lvl 6 and the other up to lvl 5, and I like to spread out my characters while testing so I'm not ruining the game for myself, the point is to test not to max out your test char, I prefer dwarfs, I am a little disappointed the Ironbreaker is supposed to be immovable and strong, but they seem to die within a few seconds while the Engineers fire shots and the Rune Priests shoot lightning from the sidelines, I gotta say Engineer is probably the most powerful dwarf class, but don't take my word for it.

You say people havn't played the game long enough, you just proved that you havn't either. Well also saying you have only gotten to lvl 7 means absolutly nothing. RvR doesn't even get good until the next tiers same with scenarios. The Ironbreaker is one of the biggest pains in the ass, anyone that has played past the first 15 lvls will know how annoying a lvl 20+ ironbreaker really is.

*Edit* i was to slow someone added E. changing to D!

Iam Adding "D" for you.

D. The OP doesn't know what he is talking about so why should i even listen to him.

LordRelic

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 3:54:49 AM#4
Originally posted by PapaLazarou

E.

You cant accept that people have different opinions and will post their feedback on the game good or bad and for some reason youf eel the need to defend the game froma ll these bad comments though they are based on the truth and alot of the same points keep coming up again and again and again like piss poor animations and people arn't finding the combat fun.

Why do you feel the need to insult people who are posting negative feedback? This is what happens with every mmorpg where all the fanbois come to the forum to defend the mmorpg from any bad feedback like they work on the PR team for that mmorpg. Then the game gets released and all of a sudden everyone acts shocked that the game isn't as great as people made outand start slagging off the game saying how they've been lied to.......

I woulda hoped that people would have smartened up by now but it seems they're still getting their hopes up for the next big mmorpg.

And your going to bash someone whos praising the game? practice what you preach

User Deleted
9/10/08 4:01:39 AM#5

The variety of quests is really fresh and fun.

You dont need to choose a dorf to enjoy the game btw eheh..

Good game.

Arcken

Apprentice Member

Lets face it, MMOs today are turning into single player console games with a chat box included.

9/10/08 4:13:52 AM#6

E.

You cant accept that people have different opinions and will post their feedback on the game good or band and for some reason youf ell the need to flame the game froma ll these good comments though they are based on the truth and a lot of of same points keep coming up again and again and again like great animations and people are finding the combat fun.

Why do you feel the need to insult people who are posting positive feedback? This what happens with every mmorpg where all the trolls come to the forum to attack the mmorpg like they work on the PR team for Blizzard. Then the game gets released and all of the sudden everyone acts shocked that the game is as great madeand start lauding the game saying how theyve been told the truth....

Funny how a troll and a fanboi are only a few words apart eh?

Razimus

Advanced Member

OP  9/10/08 5:47:17 AM#7
Originally posted by gan3f

You say people havn't played the game long enough, you just proved that you havn't either. Well also saying you have only gotten to lvl 7 means absolutly nothing. RvR doesn't even get good until the next tiers same with scenarios. The Ironbreaker is one of the biggest pains in the ass, anyone that has played past the first 15 lvls will know how annoying a lvl 20+ ironbreaker really is.

*Edit* i was to slow someone added E. changing to D!

Iam Adding "D" for you.

D. The OP doesn't know what he is talking about so why should i even listen to him.

You'd be surprised just how far a lvl 7 player can get in this game... they can own if they know what they are doing in an rvr battle even against lvl 20 foes, they can control a realm point single handedly if they know what they are doing, it takes a good 7 hours to make a lvl 7 character by the way, it's not like other games where lvl 7 comes at the 7th minute, but you'd know this if you'd ever played the game.

--- Razimus

Razimus

Advanced Member

OP  9/10/08 5:53:47 AM#8

E.

I'm not a 'fanboi' thats gotta be the gayest term ever invented, I just recently heard about warhammer online 3 weeks ago (along with the game it was based on), fans of the warhammer universe have known of it since 1983, I have not, therefore I am *not* a 'fanboi', I represent the avid mmorg player/tester. Seeking for a great mmorpg, this is the best that there is, that's all I'm saying. I beta tested Ultima Online during the 1997 phase-1 beta E3 test, up to 2001 when I quit, I beta tested Asheron's Call, I played dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of mmorpgs in-between, and none compare except wow, as an avid wow player in-game said to me (who had beta tested wow), this game is on-par with wow and may even surpass it, if I had to guess this thread will be attacked by none other than wow-fanbois, who blindly argue that it is a wow clone, I've done the research (just in the past few days not being a fan but an openminded skeptic) and it appears wow copied a huge bunch of its story from the warhammer universe.

--- Razimus

Arcken

Apprentice Member

Lets face it, MMOs today are turning into single player console games with a chat box included.

9/10/08 5:56:05 AM#9

E.

I'm not a 'fanboi' thats gotta be the gayest term ever invented, I just recently heard about warhammer online 3 weeks ago (along with the game it was based on), fans of the warhammer universe have known of it since 1983, I have not, therefore I am *not* a 'fanboi', I represent the avid mmorg player/tester. Seeking for a great mmorpg, this is the best that there is, that's all I'm saying. I beta tested Ultima Online during the 1997 phase-1 beta E3 test, up to 2001 when I quit, I beta tested Asheron's Call, I played dozens and dozens and dozens and dozens of mmorpgs in-between, and none compare except wow, as an avid wow player in-game said to me (who had beta tested wow), this game is on-par with wow and may even surpass it, if I had to guess this thread will be attacked by none other than wow-fanbois, who blindly argue that it is a wow clone, I've done the research (just in the past few days not being a fan but an openminded skeptic) and it appears wow copied a huge bunch of its story from the warhammer universe.

Copied? Its practically an exact replicate.

Grunties

Novice Member

9/10/08 6:02:39 AM#10

I agree the game is a lot of fun. There is a lot to do and I'm still enjoying it even after 8 months of beta testing and countless character wipes. Thats far more than I have ever invested in any other mmo. Hell, I got bored to death of AoC after only 2 weeks. I think the length of my interest is a big credit to the devs in having developed a quality product.

Once you get in a good guild and start actively participating in pvp the game really shines.

Waiting for: A skill-based MMO with Freedom and Consequence.
Woe to thee, the pierce-ed.