Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,014 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,941
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
27 posts found
  teddy_bare

Hard Core Member

Blessed are the forgetful: for they get the better even of their blunders - Friedrich Nietzsche

9/10/08 11:47:05 AM#21

The OP also isn't understanding the auto-balance feature.

in the teir 1 scenarios NO ONE is below lvl 8. So there are no lvl 4s, etc. Anyone under lvl 8 is given a buff to their stats to bring them in-line w/ stats @ lvl8, they aren't given new abilities, spells, skills or anything like that, only their stats are buffed.

So you weren't getting destroyed by a lvl 6 (or whatever), you were getting destroyed by a lvl 8, which is much closer to your lvl. Things aren't as unbalanced as you assume.

Also, I can't comment directly on what we are testing on the Elder Servers as it's still under NDA, but they have done MUCH balancing, to the already fairly well balanced game. So any percieved imbalances, which this IS a percieved imbalance as there really isn't one, might already be fixed.

User Deleted

OP  9/10/08 4:13:37 PM#22

It's funny when you say the game is unbalanced people think you are actually losing .

But yeah, all the groups suck, I usually find the best player and do  heals on that guy as I hold the back line, and regen .. also do more debuffing then actual fighting. Support personal is how I play most of the time.

The Game is is still unbalanced, even if I have a high score, winning changes nothing .

Keeper2000

Novice Member

9/10/08 4:21:57 PM#23
Originally posted by daeandor

You really should have posted this on the VN boards... :P

LOL but not everyone will understand this hehe

GrumpyDwarf

Novice Member

9/10/08 5:31:11 PM#24
Originally posted by solareus

It's funny when you say the game is unbalanced people think you are actually losing .

But yeah, all the groups suck, I usually find the best player and do  heals on that guy as I hold the back line, and regen .. also do more debuffing then actual fighting. Support personal is how I play most of the time.

The Game is is still unbalanced, even if I have a high score, winning changes nothing .

The game is well balanced enough.  It always depends on the people you fight alongside with.  For example, I played three scenarios (on order side) yesterday with a full group from my guild.  First time around we spanked Destruction since they had no idea what they were doing.

Second time we got crushed because they had cohesive groups and about 4 healers to one on our side which really hurt.

Third time we simply steamrolled the enemy until the last couple of minutes when they finally figured out how to play as a team. 

Pickup groups will naturally fare badly in scenarios and open RvR.  Guilds and well organized groups will dominate the battlefield every single time.  Don't blame the game for playing with clueless people. 

I know I've met my share of idiots in scenarios on both sides of the fence.  When people know what they're doing, it shows.

iZakaroN

Novice Member

\m/

9/10/08 5:56:06 PM#25

Very unbalanced magic class on the destruction side, I am level 9 vs a level 6 ,agic class and he is hitting me for over 200 points a hit. My harmor is pretty good for noob armot.

The entire day almost 10 hours the only time Order won was if the entire desteruction team was level 3-5.

Think there is going to be some major balancing after launch , which is almost always the case with a pvp centric game.`

Everything looks great , the game plays awesome , but the class balance is just to favored in the Destruction favor.

The last most discussed balance issue was Witch hunter as many was talking about him as the only OP class. I dont think its oposite and even all destruction classes to be OP!

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
______\m/_____
LordOfDarkDesire

iZakaroN

Novice Member

\m/

9/10/08 5:59:51 PM#26

This screenshoot tell only that Order team do not know what to do. Its very dificult to loose with such nice stats like the Order, but if you really do not know what to do everything is possible.

Where themepark games try to hide that they are copying WOW, games like Mortal Online and Darkfall make no attempt to hide their inspiration
______\m/_____
LordOfDarkDesire

gbooster

Novice Member

9/10/08 6:15:30 PM#27

Here is the thing with this game.  The tanks are very overpowered.  They are more powerful, by far, than any other MMO I have played.  They have insane survivability and do really good dmg.  

I noticed on the SS you posted, Sol, that you didn't have any tanks in there.   I think that may be part of your troubles,  hook up with 3or 4 iron breakers and youll win every scenario.  Me and a couple other Ironbreakers are currently undefeated in every scenario we have tried.  about 20-0 so far.

I think that it is unbalanced with the tanks right now, but of course this is just for tier1,  I doubt they will stay dps and survival kings the whole way to 40. 

2 Pages « 1 2 Search