Trending Games | WildStar | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,432 Users Online:0
Games:713  Posts:6,174,489
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
27 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  9/09/08 10:08:06 PM#1

Very unbalanced magic class on the destruction side, I am level 9 vs a level 6 ,agic class and he is hitting me for over 200 points a hit. My harmor is pretty good for noob armot.

The entire day almost 10 hours the only time Order won was if the entire desteruction team was level 3-5.

Think there is going to be some major balancing after launch , which is almost always the case with a pvp centric game.`

Everything looks great , the game plays awesome , but the class balance is just to favored in the Destruction favor.

TheSheikh

Novice Member

McCain
Palin

9/09/08 10:09:37 PM#2

Do you understand at all how the Ranged Magic Nuker classes work?

Also note that in Scenarios the lower level players recieve a buff where they are brought up to a certain level within the scenario. Everyone is on an equal level, however you will naturally have more abilities if you are high level.

STOP WHINING!

Taegan

Novice Member

9/09/08 10:13:59 PM#3

You do realize that in a scenario match. All players under lvl 8 are Stat and Gear adjusted to match lvl 8.  So you were going against a lvl 8 vs a 9 and 200 dmg for a Ranged Dps Class. And that might of been with a crit.

User Deleted

OP  9/09/08 10:14:07 PM#4

Then the balancer for the senerios is bugged cause these lower levels are like like tanks.

User Deleted

OP  9/09/08 10:18:00 PM#5

nope, consistent 200 dmg

level 4  destruction : 150-388 damage  in the open world RvR

TheSheikh

Novice Member

McCain
Palin

9/09/08 10:20:19 PM#6

Have you ever played a Ranged Nuker class? In Warhammer of course.

STOP WHINING!

Zeblade

Hard Core Member

9/09/08 10:24:10 PM#7

I have to agree.  Just watch when the game is launch and watch the destruction side. Now ANYONE that SAYS there are in beta KNOWS that every test server the "destruction" side ALWAYS had more on it. I will admit its LOOKS better on that side (graphics wise) and just funnier to play. As for PVP, RVR I always played the good side because it was lowest and testing and we won alot. You just have to KNOW how to play your toon. And STAY TOGETHER not every one split up and take off lol.. anyway.. dont worry they will fix it..

User Deleted

OP  9/09/08 10:28:15 PM#8

It will take them 6 months to a year to balance  it. I will check out the free trial next year. My group was together 15 of us and we get rolled by 4  destruction level 4's

Love how you act like no one knows how to play an mmorpg. "multiplayer" game. It is not rocket science and compared to the complexity of a game like Shadowbane, this is not hard to pick up.

Destruction Melee also hits 50 - 100 points over order, the only way I get any kills is spam healing myself and to me that is just not fun.

more RvR I play the lamer it gets.

PVE content is great though.

WarOnslaught

Novice Member

Women are like stones, skip the flat ones.

9/10/08 12:58:25 AM#9

LOL!  15 order got rolled by 4 destruction???  Seriously are you 12 or trying to play with no hands and you tounge your keyboard?  If so then im sorry but if you have hands with working fingers and you cant beat 4 people when you have 15 then order seriously sucks and I will be there on my Maruader to /point  /laugh  and get some sweet exp and realm points off you newbs. 

Do me a favor play on the Oceanic server I want to power level my alts off your newbness! 

I litteraly am still stunned by that comment, did all of you try and kill the tank and a zealot just sat there and healed him all day or what, i mean really i want details this is too funny. 

Never say "opps" in raid chat, say ahhhhhh interesting.

daeandor

Novice Member

9/10/08 1:03:57 AM#10

You really should have posted this on the VN boards... :P

Elmoren

Warhammer Online Correspondent

9/10/08 1:09:32 AM#11

The game is very well balanced, you're getting hit for 200's because you've got poor resists and thats how much damage the ability does (shock!) it takes 3 seconds to cast a shot, and risks damaging the caster for about 20% of their total wounds.  You should also note that Shadow Warriors have ranged attacks that consistently do 150+ at level 8, that has more range with a shorter cast.

The buff adjusts levels, not your armor class, resists, etc.  It probably should - however it doesn't.  Players with level 8+ have the reknown gear, which is vastly superior and provides an extreme advantage to them, as they will have higher stats, better damaging weapons, higher resists, etc.  The buff helps, but doesn't substitute reality.  If you're under level 8, you can be effective with whatever abilities you have - however you'll never be effective enough to take on a team of level 9-11's (in T1, etc).  They have better abilities, and you're a lower rank with assumably worse gear as you can't really get any of the good reknown gear until rank 8.

Level up your RVR and Career ranks to sit in the better equipment, its a world of difference.

I'm really tired of all the people who get rolled coming into the forums complaining.  The game is incredibly refined and balanced, actually play it past level 11 to find that out - otherwise don't come crying.

/rant off

“The contents of this post do not necessarily reflect the views of MMORPG.com and its management.”

HOWEVER - On my blog, I say whatever I want.

http://balance-reviews.blogspot.com/

twhint

Novice Member

9/10/08 1:39:31 AM#12
Originally posted by solareus

It will take them 6 months to a year to balance  it. I will check out the free trial next year. My group was together 15 of us and we get rolled by 4  destruction level 4's

Love how you act like no one knows how to play an mmorpg. "multiplayer" game. It is not rocket science and compared to the complexity of a game like Shadowbane, this is not hard to pick up.

Destruction Melee also hits 50 - 100 points over order, the only way I get any kills is spam healing myself and to me that is just not fun.

Yeah, I find this suspect as well. For one, Destruction does not outdamage Order. I'm not sure how you're coming to that conclusion other than by just saying that you die alot. With you being a beginner, that stands to reason.

First, even a well honed group of 4 will not be able to stand against 15 unless you guys just sat there at range and let them kill you, with one or two of you running out into them to be slaughtered while the rest of your team sat back and watched. Or, if you guys were held off by the high level guards and kept aggroing them or something. But simply put, numbers would have steamrolled the lesser number. No contest.

As to actual damage output, realize what class you are and what role you're supposed to fulfil. Also, realize that you have equipment to mitigate damage types, such as elemental, spiritual and corporeal. Also, as has been stated, just because your level was upped to equal everyone in RvR, their higher level abilities do more damage. I'm not sure how you can claim that their damage output shouldn't be greater than yours if you're melee and they're caster. I've watched a swordmaster roll through a squig herder, a zealot and a maruader. I've watched a Witch Hunter kill a Chosen, a zealot, and a squig herder.  I've played both sides and I've seen the healers stand up to incredible amounts of damage and not die. I've also killed healers quite easily with the right class, ie. witch hunter or witch. I've seen tanks take a beating and kill several people around them, and I've seen them drop like flies because they overextended themselves and rushed into the middle of the opposing force without healing. It all depends on how you attack, who you attack, as well as who is backing you up.

User Deleted
9/10/08 1:51:25 AM#13

No point replying to the OP, if 4 can beat 15, there is something very seriously wrong, with the 15.

WOTDOUPLAY

Novice Member

I come from a land down under!

9/10/08 1:56:17 AM#14

ok so you can 15 of your group got rolled by 4 destruction, ok no that couldn't happen. unless you are just really really really...i mean like really useless at this game.

gw on the

AWEG RJN

Gigget

Novice Member

9/10/08 2:01:01 AM#15

this right here. . . is complete and utter BS.  Talk about seriously over exaggerating . . .

nellson

Novice Member

Frayed Ends of Sanity.....

9/10/08 3:55:52 AM#16

This person not only has no logic,hes a liar......fifteen vs four....just lies.......please delete your account and go away.......fifteen vs four.../snicker......

TheSheikh

Novice Member

McCain
Palin

9/10/08 8:56:58 AM#17

You still havn't answered my question. Have you played one of the two Ranged Nuker classes?

(only two choices of answer, yes or no)

I'm not saying you don't know how to play MMORPGs, I want to know so that I can explain to you the mechanics of nuker classes like the Bright Wizard and the Sorceress. If you knew what the mechanics were you would understand why players were hitting you for 200 dmg at such low lvls.

STOP WHINING!

elvenangel

Novice Member

Why So Serious?

9/10/08 10:01:21 AM#18

I've never had a problem killing ranged nuker classes...if they're dumb enough to stand somewhere unprotected they usually die pretty damn fast against any melee character.   I've also never taken 200 points of damage from one at low level either...but then Resistances are quite nice to have besides standard gear stats.    Then again...that caster probably had ahealer on them making them harder to kill even then though I've chased BW's and Sorceresses down and tore them both new asses ... *shrug* sounds like the OP was on a shitty team.

Please Refer to Doom Cat with all conspiracies & evil corporation complaints. He'll give you the simple explination of..WE"RE ALL DOOMED!

syxx

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 10:35:09 AM#19

Very unbalanced magic class on the destruction side, I am level 9 vs a level 6 ,agic class and he is hitting me for over 200 points a hit. My harmor is pretty good for noob armot.

The entire day almost 10 hours the only time Order won was if the entire desteruction team was level 3-5.

Think there is going to be some major balancing after launch , which is almost always the case with a pvp centric game.`

Everything looks great , the game plays awesome , but the class balance is just to favored in the Destruction favor.

Dont forget if your a caster as well your spells can backlash, you have to drain your pool...like sorc's have dark magic and they have to use a spell to drain it otherwise it backlashes for consistant damage. Nothing is consistant spell wise besides your "pool" and it damages you when it backlashes if you dont drain it. ALl other spells never hit for the same amount and i know this cuz i have a 12 sorc and rvr'd till 12 so far.

Locklain

Novice Member

9/10/08 10:40:56 AM#20

Order almost always uses the same layouts in Nordenwatch.  Tanks and melee in the front lines with BWs after that and usually one smart healer that stays behind the BWs.  WIth my Witch Elf I can sneak up from behind, kill the healer and usualy two or more BWs before they retaliate and deside to focus fire me down.  With the healers and BWs down scenarios are cake.

It's a Jeep thing. . .
_______
|___|
\_______/
= ||||||
=
|X| \*........*/ |X|
|X|_________|X|
You wouldn't understand

2 Pages 1 2 » Search