Trending Games | Hearthstone | Guild Wars 2 | Rift | Firefall

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,852,297 Users Online:0
Games:733  Posts:6,226,783
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Very poor ranged attack animations

6 posts found
  Chainmail

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 7:43:29 PM#1

Well I wanted to play a shadow warrior or squig herder as I usually play ranger/bow type chars.

However, the arrow animations are the worst I have ever seen and the other ranged ones (spells, bullets) arent far behind.

The arrows (bullets, spells) fly very, very slow and bounce up and down like they are on a string and sometimes they even get stuck in mid air.

Whats up with this? Being as this is Mythic, they had excellent bow animations in DAOC. How come the bow/arrow graphics in WAR look like a 5 year old designed them?

I thought the bow/arrow animations in EQ 2 was bad until I saw these...

Why does it seem that graphics get better but animations seem to be taking a giant leap backwards 10 years?

I sure hope they plan on fixing these crappy arrow  (bullet, spell) animations soon. They really detract from the ranged combat.

Amazing CGI toons: http://www.damapro.com/ & http://www.renderosity.com/

Strike2k

Novice Member

9/09/08 8:53:29 PM#2

Mythic is fixing issues with each patch. I was'nt impressed with the animations either, but at the rate mythic is patching i'm not really worried about it. Its a superficial problem and can and most likely will be fixed.

vardar

Novice Member

9/09/08 8:56:42 PM#3

ya, cosmetics is really no big deal, that can be fixed, gotta look at the bigger picture, the game runs smooth and is alot of fun, the rest will fall into place in time.

sydric

Novice Member

9/10/08 12:09:15 AM#4

not half as bad as the shadow warrior when he's standing still.

looks like 0 gravity. his arms just hang out side to side without any motion. looks like a paper doll. honestly gives me a headache to see.

/facepalm

Sky427

Novice Member

9/10/08 6:12:56 AM#5

lol! I agree with you entirly the animations are terrible i was fighting some highelves as a dark elf and one shot an arrow at me and i swear that arrow was zigzagging its way too me it was hilarious to see and the bullet flew so slow to me if i could bend backwards i would have pulled a matrix oh man that is funny

IMO bullets should be an instant hit with a longer cool down and arrows need a stray mechanic where they move faster and arch in the air for longer distant targets of course no way they would try to follow your target the arrow would try to predict where the foe would be at the time of landing or just have the same mech as bullet i dont care i just dont need an arrow with parkinsons chasing after me

dmiasek

Novice Member

9/10/08 8:44:42 AM#6

I agree that the ranged animations look substandard (well, all combat animations).  Regarding the slow bullet speed, I noticed something here.  If you attack from far away the bullet/spell/whatever will move quicker.  If you shoot at near point blank range it moves very slowly.  Perhaps the game always tries to make the bullet hit the target in X seconds?