Trending Games | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,737,990 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,176,928
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Why were the server populations low last night?

6 posts found
  kingofnothin

Novice Member

"Don''t take like too seriously, you''ll never get out alive!" - Van Wilder

OP  9/09/08 2:19:36 PM#1

When I logged off at like 11 eastern time, which should be primetime on the most part, the servers were pretty light on population. Were people watching football, or server problems, or don't want to play anymore?

Sunder

Novice Member

9/09/08 2:25:40 PM#2

Heh, I was playing up until that time.  Hit about 6 hours of game play then needed to go to work.  Time off is coming soon tho and I will be doing the all nighters.  Definitely NOT an issue of not wanting to play anymore.  Not for me anyway.  For some they may be frustrated with a couple of the bugs that are popping up after the latest patch.  Some are already squashed tho. :)  There are actually several Guilds that start up their runs about that time. I highly suggest trying out some Guild play with some of them if you need some extra people around.

kingofnothin

Novice Member

"Don''t take like too seriously, you''ll never get out alive!" - Van Wilder

OP  9/09/08 3:49:41 PM#3

Yeah I was thinking that. I remember friday night I got off and all servers were full but last night alot were at low/med. Coul dbe that there are more servers, and people are just spreading out. Who knows.

PureChaos

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 5:35:00 PM#4

Originally posted by kingofnothin

Yeah I was thinking that. I remember friday night I got off and all servers were full but last night alot were at low/med. Coul dbe that there are more servers, and people are just spreading out. Who knows.

maybe everyone is doing what im doing, its well i dont want to play with my character so i dont get burned out on the game. This would be the 2nd restart of the low lvls and the 3rd is pushing it . Iv tried the classes i wanted to play and the others and now i just want to lvl my character.

Narshe

Novice Member

Somehow I knew in hell there would be mushrooms.

9/09/08 5:59:09 PM#5

Hmmm.. well, 7pm right now and there are plenty of servers on low, only a few on high. =/

Waiting for Fallen Earth, World of Darkness, Old Republic, FFXIV

IMPYRE

Elite Member

Yes, I have a question. When did you turn into a nutbar?

9/09/08 6:19:29 PM#6

They are testing server capacity.

In CB we had a total of 100 players to 2k fluxuation with 2 servers.

In Pre-View Week 1 they had 20 servers operating only with 1500 to 2.5k users per server.

3k+ people is what they are supposely at now with 25 servers online for Pre-View Week 2 + Open Beta

So they are Stress testing the servers and how many people are registered correctly with Open Beta.

And of course there is the factor that people are saying..

Why should I waste my time in WAR OB, I will wait till the game comes out, Many people dont want to devote time into a game to have there characters erased by the end of this week.

I havent seen a post yet when they are bringing down Open Beta, but I am going to assume Friday , but I could be totally wrong.

Remember. Headstarts starts September 14th (Sunday) for Collector Edition Players and September 15th for Standard Edition Player (Monday).

Then September 18 (Thursday) for regular customers coming in.