Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Elder Scrolls Online | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,923,589 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,317,028
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Maruader or Witch Elf? Can't decide.

3 posts found
  rufusprime

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 2:42:41 PM#1

Any comments on how they play?  Similaities / differences in upper levels?  I'm in OB and have each to only lvl 5 so I know there's much more to be seen, but I have very limited play time for the next week and doubt I'll be able to see much more before live.

twhint

Novice Member

9/09/08 2:56:16 PM#2

Well, even though they're both melee DPS, they play a bit differently.

The marauder is built more as durable dps. They'll last longer and in theory do more damage over all. Plus he's got the cool mechanic of his arm changing to suit whatever  purpose he's trying to do, whether it is more damage, more armor, or whatever the third option is. He will generally be a secondary tank, so to speak.

The witch elf, on the other hand, is more about 'burst' dps. She has low armor but can stealth and do a heck of a lot of dps in a very short amount of time. So she will generally be found sneaking behind the lines to attack healers and casters.

DrDwarf

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 12:11:13 AM#3

Yes im enjoying a witch elf.   You really need to be teamed up wit ha good healer though.

We are like those squishy wow rogues and atm i have 0 crowd control spells so a charge into or behind enemy lines ends in almost certain death even though people are keen to keep out of the way.

Early days so once people get to grip[s with how to utilise Collision Detection correctly I can see se some nice formations taking shape with mauraders spread amounst the tanks and DoKs.