Trending Games | ArcheAge | Neverwinter | WildStar | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,819,851 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,216,622
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Lots of Polish added over the past few months.

2 posts found
  ZDPhoenix

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 9:16:57 AM#1

I've been following WAR since it's first announcement, I tested it knowing what to expect out of mythic, and what to be prepared for in an early test. However, a few months back, I hadn't seen any real progress visually, and was pretty peeved at "rumors" (back then) of some cities getting canned. I felt like we were going to be given a product that was wildly different than promised, so I stopped testing, wrote my final report and went back to gaming normally.

Well, after a bud telling me about Open Beta, I signed up and tried it.

Quite alot of stuff fixed and updated over the past few months. Which is nice. There's still alot of ways to go though, in order to make it NOT a potential Conan scenario. For those who haven't tried it lately, I'd say it's worth the DL and patching now.

I see alot of gripes about WAR that are directed towards things that simply aren't in game anymore. And not enough feedback about new issues.

So seriously, ignore the gripers and give WAR a second try. I won't say it cures cancer, or is a competitor with the "big dogs" of the MMO world... yet; but I will say it was fun the last two days.

DrDwarf

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 11:20:42 PM#2

Yes I agree.  The GOA debacle is all about the registration process and most of the neg I have seen so far either relate to small things or grpahics cards and other system specs.    

The other main gripes are people not loving the graphics in the game or some of the hybridity, the usual whiners about class imbalance that cant handle dying once in a while and peopl e who forgot what it is like coming to a new mmog where you actually have to level up and learn how to play.

Any mmog is like putting on a new pair of shoes - feels uncomfortable at first but you soon get used to em but there will always be some people that prefer the old pair of trainers no matter what.