Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | War Thunder | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,905,586 Users Online:0
Games:757  Posts:6,295,490
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages « 1 2 Search
26 posts found
  gbooster

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 8:11:16 AM#21
Originally posted by Sunder
Originally posted by ghettobooste
Originally posted by Sunder

These responses make me wonder if you guys know how to play the IB class correctly.  You know you have 2 dot attacks that you can spam that does massive amounts of damage when your grudge maxed out right?

IB is my main class, and has been for months.  It does not in any way out damage the other classes.  It does exactly what it is supposed to do, stay ALIVE.  And in staying alive longer, it has longer to DEAL damage.  When I come against someone else who knows how to concentrate damage and take me down faster, I do not have the time to build up that damage.  That is when a DPSer does their job of concentrated dmg on someone who is meant to stay alive.  By the end of the battle we come out about even.  You sir do not kno what you are talking about and should not spread misinformation of imbalance that does not exist, based on your playing a game a couple of days.

You sir, need to stop being a total ass.  I'm not spreading disinformation I am talking about my own experiences in the game.   So hop off my fender and back off.

I am not being a total ass.  It is, as others have stated, a matter of class balance.  I apologize if the words I choose to use are so offensive to you.  It IS misinformation that the class is over powered.  It is quite incorrect.  To base an evaluation of a games balance based on a short time played as the class, without testing the strengths of every other class specifically against THAT class to merit the true strengths and weaknesses, and to then put forth the extremely limited information as tho it is otherwise is misinformation.  To post a thread (Which we have an over abundance of) about the "Imbalance and OP classes" is doing exactly that.  My choice of verbage is not a direct reflection upon you.  It is a reaction to the "Crowd" of people posting similar threads about EVERY other class about how THEY are the over powered one.  Don't take it so personal, you will find it is not so offensive.  The is in fact why I made the reference to the "Newbie genius" posts which you take such offense at.  Not drectly you, everyone who is flooding forums with it, and again, with inadequate background information, or lack of information over all to make a proper assessment of the true balance of the class.

All you saw of my post is that I said IBs are over powered.  Did you even read the rest of it? 

I said that I had only played him to 12 and that for the first 11 levels I found them to be very overpowered.  I was never talking about the rest of the game. 

Every single one of your posts was very offensive and condescending towards me.  If you ever want to have a productive discussion on ANY forum, not just this one, I suggest you take a new tact in the way you make your posts.  Insulting, degrading and being a dick to people is not the way to do it.

delete5230

Elite Member

9/09/08 8:22:43 AM#22

I'll admit, I've never been that good in most mmo's for PvP.

But my Black Orc can kick anyone's butt in 1 on 1.  I can cause ANY caster, ranged or DPS class to run, then chase them down and kill them.   But I suck in large RvR battles.  Casters stay behind the lines and I could most often not get to them or at least take them down in a long battle as I get damage from all sides.

It was the opposite for my Shadow Warrior.  I sucked  in 1 on 1, but did good damage in RvR with ranged. HOWEVER even with causing large damage, my bows were too slow only to cause my target to run behind the lines for healing every time.  I never felt I was contributing to the cause.

With the pro's and con's of both.  I'll take a tank class over a ranged.

When the game goes live, I'll play a Ruine Priest ( healer).

Sunder

Novice Member

9/09/08 8:25:30 AM#23

All you saw of my post is that I said IBs are over powered.  Did you even read the rest of it? 

I said that I had only played him to 12 and that for the first 11 levels I found them to be very overpowered.  I was never talking about the rest of the game. 

Every single one of your posts was very offensive and condescending towards me.  If you ever want to have a productive discussion on ANY forum, not just this one, I suggest you take a new tact in the way you make your posts.  Insulting, degrading and being a dick to people is not the way to do it.

No, I did read the entire post, as I read every post I respond too.  In the event I do not, I am clear to point out such.  I DO give people the respect of reading what I reply to.  Yes, you did state the level you played to, and used that as your basis to make the claim that te class is over powered.  Even at that level, it is not imbalanced, and tht is my argument gainst yours.

All of my posts have not been condescending to you.  Yup, some are absolutely condescending.  Again, not to you directly.  To the abundance of people making the same claims that every class is imbalanced based on the first few levels of game play.  Johny no talent over here says the Bright Wizard is over powerd because every tank that tried to fight them never got close enough to attack.  Newbie Nancy across the table from him complained that the Disciple of Khaine is the most over powered because they could fight the next class in line, and Harold the Hater thinks all of the classes are stupid and need to be reworked because none of them are balanced to fight against each other one on one.  And my comment was in YOUR thread, just as it has been in others, a response to all of these people who speak from a misinformed position. 

No, Ghettobooste, the Ironbreaker is NOT over powered.  Your defense at one point was that obviously people were not speaking from knowledge of an ironbreaker.  I am.  I am speaking from the position of someone who has played every Tier level with multiple classes in each archetype.  You stated an opinion.  Someone else responded telling you otherwise.  I agreed with them and built upon it with a BROAD statement (Which yes, I did include you in for doing the same thing which I have explained more thn enough)  Perhaps it would have been simpler if I would have given you my generic "WWAAAAAAAAAAAGH THE SKY IS FALLING" but I am sure you would have found a way to take offense at that too.

I'll tell ya what, I will stop responding to your thread.  You stated your opinion, under educated tho it was (And that is NOT an attack on you.  It is a fact that stating a class is overpowered based on the first hour worth of levels is a bit premature from ANYONE)  Your opinion is still yours, and you are welcome to have it.  Next time you log in, please try creating another character type.  I suggest a Bright Wizard as it is a complete opposite end of the spectrum.  Not a lot of survivability by comparison, but EASILY 5 times the damage.  Play it up to 11 or 12, whatever, and tell me how much the Ironbreaker out damages him.  If you play the wizard well, it won't be the case, and you will see why the position that the tank is so over powered is wrong.  Sit back and when a few tanks rush you, blast them, snare thm, kite them in your AOE and watch a couple at a time fall. It happens just that way.

I am out of your conversation now though, since obviously I can not state an opinion that conflicts with yours without it being an "attack" and "Offensive" 

WWWWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH!  THE SKY IS FALLING!

Roin

Hard Core Member

9/09/08 8:38:11 AM#24

Anyone who thinks the class balance right now is fine.  Needs to take off those rose-colored glasses, and be objective for a moment.  Class balance is not where it should be for this point, being close to release.  Don't even get me started on the various other bugs, and problems.

In War - Victory.
In Peace - Vigilance.
In Death - Sacrifice.

facris

Novice Member

9/09/08 8:53:47 AM#25
Originally posted by Roin

Anyone who thinks the class balance right now is fine.  Needs to take off those rose-colored glasses, and be objective for a moment.  Class balance is not where it should be for this point, being close to release.  Don't even get me started on the various other bugs, and problems.

As it has been said many many times, this game is balanced for group vs group or warband vs warband.  NOT class vs class.  I've played every class and the balance issue in groups is offset by the whole fact that mythic made each class have a 'mirror' on the opposite side.  So if one dynamic is powerful on the order side (aka bright wizard dot dps near end game) then of course the sorcerer has the same problems ( and/or benefits).

What i think part of the problem everyone complains about is the number of player's that are rolling some classes.  Bright wizard's easily outnumber sorcerer's in large rvr battle or scenerio, so the scale is going to tip towards order for ranged ae/dot damage.  This isn't just a problem with caster populations, tanks population is skewed toward's destruction where you always see more destro tanks in scenerio's and rvr.

To come back to the topic about the ironbreaker being overpowered, i'm not sure how you really measure this exactly.  Iron breaker is the only tank in game with the 'building hate' ability so how do you measure this vs other classes?  If you try to measure it against other tanks, you will always fail since each fills a different role and excell in different areas.  Ironbreakers/blackguard should be the toughest (Dwarf's for pure grit, and darkelf's with their sadism ;p ), but the orc/HE tank are the dps tank kings, and the chosen and eventual blazing sun are the group buff/debuffer's.

Once the darkelf blackguard makes it in, then we can compare how overpowered certain classes are.

Delphian

Novice Member

9/09/08 9:06:55 AM#26

I have played many classes... I think the balance is pretty good right now...

As far as the Tank DPS thing... I don't know that I agree...

When I played Sorceress to level 20, I ALWAYS did the most damage in a scenario, even without a healer. Maybe not ALWAYS, but 95% would probably be no exaggeration.

Starting out as a witch elf is rough because of the lack of skills, but past level 6ish, it can be pretty smooth sailing. From there, it has not been very uncommon for me to top the damage charts (70% of the time maybe), even without a healer as well.

I was never so fortunate with any of the tanking classes.

In my experience, every class is good at taking down different classes, respectively... And the number of classes one can take down more efficiently doesn't seem to be poorly balanced.

The only thing is how raw DPS the Sorc/BW is. It's not particularly good at soloing or taking down any one specific thing. In fact, it's pretty poor at it. The key with Sorc/BW is to avoid fire, AoE, and wreak havoc to as many people as you can... It's kind of a group reliant DPS class to play in RvR.

On the whole, this game seems very group oriented concerning RvR, and I think the balance is there. I like it.

2 Pages « 1 2 Search