Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor | WildStar

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,850,626 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,963
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
26 posts found
  gbooster

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 6:28:00 AM#1

I played a Witch Elf, Witch Hunter and Iron Breaker up to 12.  There are some serious balance issues for the first 11 levels that I would like to point out.

The Iron Breaker class is wayyyy too over powered right now.  They are doing more damage than my other melee dps classes I tried.  They have insane survivability, crazy group buffs like hold the line, guard, and the one that gives 120 willpower buff.  These guys need some serious dps nerfing before launch.  At least for the first 11 levels.

The other seriously overpowered class at that level was the warrior priest.  Anyone who can top the damage and healing in a scenario 4 levels lower than the next highest in both needs some tweaking.

I think the tanks in general are a bit too strong.  The DPS of the tanks should not be equivalent to the actual DPS classes.  That with the lack of strong crowd control in the game it makes the tanks even more powerful, plus the collision detection...  Right now there is no point in playing any class other than a healer or a tank.

Things might even out at higher tiers, but from what I have seen so far Mythic needs to do some serious tweaking and balancing.  I hope they can do this before the launch or there is going to be ALOT of whining when they finally do the nerfing.

snowchrome2

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 6:33:14 AM#2

uh?

an ironbreaker relies on grudges to be effective and to get grudges they need to be attacked. stick some range classes on an iron breaker and see how fast they go down.

a warrior fast goes down pretty fast to tanks or range classes, but they can kill the melle dps classes just like the DoK on the destruction side.

you are new to the agme so you do not yet know how to deal with classes, they are no OP classes in WAR, you just have to know its counter.

Grunties

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:34:49 AM#3

I've found the exact opposite to what the OP stated. Tanks seem like they do absolutely no dps especially compared to the melee dps classes in the latest patches. Ironbreaker and swordmaster definitely felt gimped. Witch Hunter feels right about where it should be on the dps side and ive had tons of fun playing it. Its actually my favorite class atm and I regularly am near the top ranked in RvR scenerios.

On the other hand Witch Elves seem OP and ive seen them take down people from full health to death in 5 seconds. Never was able to do that with any order melee dps classes.

So basically... i found your observations to not be anywhere close to mine.

Waiting for: A skill-based MMO with Freedom and Consequence.
Woe to thee, the pierce-ed.

gan3f

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:36:26 AM#4
Originally posted by snowchrome2

uh?

an ironbreaker relies on grudges to be effective and to get grudges they need to be attacked. stick some range classes on an iron breaker and see how fast they go down.

a warrior fast goes down pretty fast to tanks or range classes, but they can kill the melle dps classes just like the DoK on the destruction side.

you are new to the agme so you do not yet know how to deal with classes, they are no OP classes in WAR, you just have to know its counter.

you sir are correct!

gbooster

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 6:36:41 AM#5

uh?

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?????? =/

I said I was talking about the first 11 levels.  And the Ironbreaker does more damage than my DPS classes did. 

I deal with the classes fine as a Ironbreaker, hence why I think they are overpowered.  I am talking from the viewpoint of one who plays an Ironbreaker not one who got beatem up by one.

Sunder

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:37:20 AM#6

uh?

QFT!  Yet another of the same spam crap from kids who don't kno what they are talking about.  I love the "Newbie genius" we get flooded with on preview week/weekend of most games.  The classes are very balanced, and are not intended to be balanced for 1v1.  In groups they all have their role, as intended, and they all balanceout to their roles very effectively.

gbooster

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 6:38:56 AM#7

These responses make me wonder if you guys know how to play the IB class correctly.  You know you have 2 dot attacks that you can spam that does massive amounts of damage when your grudge maxed out right?

Grunties

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:39:16 AM#8
Originally posted by ghettobooste

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH?????? =/

I said I was talking about the first 11 levels.  And the Ironbreaker does more damage than my DPS classes did. 

I deal with the classes fine as a Ironbreaker, hence why I think they are overpowered.  I am talking from the viewpoint of one who plays an Ironbreaker not one who got beatem up by one.

Sounds like you gave your ironbreaker all the best equipment and you left your other dps classes with the starter equipment or just outright naked. That is the ONLY scenerio I can imagine that could cause it to play out like that. Either that or you are lying but I am willing to give you the benefit of the doubt.

gbooster

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 6:41:59 AM#9
Originally posted by Sunder

uh?

QFT!  Yet another of the same spam crap from kids who don't kno what they are talking about.  I love the "Newbie genius" we get flooded with on preview week/weekend of most games.  The classes are very balanced, and are not intended to be balanced for 1v1.  In groups they all have their role, as intended, and they all balanceout to their roles very effectively.

Why are you so offensive?  I'm not a kid trying to spam, I'm trying to talk about class balance here from my own experiences.  JFC man. 

mrroboto40

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:42:24 AM#10

I played a Witch Elf, Witch Hunter and Iron Breaker up to 12.  There are some serious balance issues for the first 11 levels that I would like to point out.

The Iron Breaker class is wayyyy too over powered right now.  They are doing more damage than my other melee dps classes I tried.  They have insane survivability, crazy group buffs like hold the line, guard, and the one that gives 120 willpower buff.  These guys need some serious dps nerfing before launch.  At least for the first 11 levels.

The other seriously overpowered class at that level was the warrior priest.  Anyone who can top the damage and healing in a scenario 4 levels lower than the next highest in both needs some tweaking.

I think the tanks in general are a bit too strong.  The DPS of the tanks should not be equivalent to the actual DPS classes.  That with the lack of strong crowd control in the game it makes the tanks even more powerful, plus the collision detection...  Right now there is no point in playing any class other than a healer or a tank.

Things might even out at higher tiers, but from what I have seen so far Mythic needs to do some serious tweaking and balancing.  I hope they can do this before the launch or there is going to be ALOT of whining when they finally do the nerfing.

All classes are not meant to be equal. They have a system that works along the lines of: Tank are strong against Melee DPS but weak against Ranged DPS and so forth. Everything does not need to be balanced for WAR to work.

gbooster

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 6:44:45 AM#11
Originally posted by mrroboto40

All classes are not meant to be equal. They have a system that works along the lines of: Tank are strong against Melee DPS but weak against Ranged DPS and so forth. Everything does not need to be balanced for WAR to work.

True, but I think the Ironbreaker damage is a bit too high right now.  They should not be out damaging the melee dps classes.

Keridwan

Novice Member

"Femmes Fatales - The Power of the Feminine in the Art of MMO"

9/09/08 6:46:39 AM#12

OP asks why are you so offensive ?

it is a fact of life with the majority of people on www.mmorpg .... Offensiveness, rudeness and darn right abuse comes with the territory here. This MMO community is a good reflection on the malaise of modern times.

For example, if I spell abuse wrong, it is likely I will get flamed, accused of being a kid, and told to take grammar lessons for 5 year olds.

Sunder

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:48:10 AM#13

These responses make me wonder if you guys know how to play the IB class correctly.  You know you have 2 dot attacks that you can spam that does massive amounts of damage when your grudge maxed out right?

IB is my main class, and has been for months.  It does not in any way out damage the other classes.  It does exactly what it is supposed to do, stay ALIVE.  And in staying alive longer, it has longer to DEAL damage.  When I come against someone else who knows how to concentrate damage and take me down faster, I do not have the time to build up that damage.  That is when a DPSer does their job of concentrated dmg on someone who is meant to stay alive.  By the end of the battle we come out about even.  You sir do not kno what you are talking about and should not spread misinformation of imbalance that does not exist, based on your playing a game a couple of days.

Grunties

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:49:59 AM#14
Originally posted by mrroboto40 

This is a really good point - target choice plays a huge role in how the class performs. While any class can do damage to any other class, they excel at fighting the archetype they were designed to take down.

My observations from in game are that new players always make poor decisions on who to attack. I've seen far too many fools go after the tanks when they have a healer right behind him keeping him healed. Or even a far squishier melee dps.

Tanks are resistent to physical damage. Their weakness is magic from ranged dps.

Sunder

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:50:48 AM#15

uh?

Why are you so offensive?  I'm not a kid trying to spam, I'm trying to talk about class balance here from my own experiences.  JFC man. 

Why are you so offended by someone responding to misinformation with facts?  you posted presenting yourself as knowledgeable about something which you are not.  I simply pointed it out.  truth hurts?  An able bodied adult would not be "Offended" by someone stating an opinion.  You stated yours.  I stated mine.  The fact it is so offensive to you speaks.  :)

Sunder

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:52:27 AM#16
Originally posted by Keridwan

OP asks why are you so offensive ?

it is a fact of life with the majority of people on www.mmorpg .... Offensiveness, rudeness and darn right abuse comes with the territory here. This MMO community is a good reflection on the malaise of modern times.

For example, if I spell abuse wrong, it is likely I will get flamed, accused of being a kid, and told to take grammar lessons for 5 year olds.

Again, QFT.

Keridwan

Novice Member

"Femmes Fatales - The Power of the Feminine in the Art of MMO"

9/09/08 6:53:20 AM#17

Why are you so offended by someone responding to misinformation with facts?  you posted presenting yourself as knowledgeable about something which you are not.  I simply pointed it out.  truth hurts?  An able bodied adult would not be "Offended" by someone stating an opinion.  You stated yours.  I stated mine.  The fact it is so offensive to you speaks.  :)

ha ha ha OP see what I mean. Now you are not an "able bodied" adult (whatever that means),  the truth hurts you, ignorant, prejudicial and you offend rather too easily.

gbooster

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 6:53:32 AM#18

IB is my main class, and has been for months.  It does not in any way out damage the other classes.  It does exactly what it is supposed to do, stay ALIVE.  And in staying alive longer, it has longer to DEAL damage.  When I come against someone else who knows how to concentrate damage and take me down faster, I do not have the time to build up that damage.  That is when a DPSer does their job of concentrated dmg on someone who is meant to stay alive.  By the end of the battle we come out about even.  You sir do not kno what you are talking about and should not spread misinformation of imbalance that does not exist, based on your playing a game a couple of days.

You sir, need to stop being a total ass.  I'm not spreading disinformation I am talking about my own experiences in the game.   So hop off my fender and back off.

Sunder

Novice Member

9/09/08 7:01:05 AM#19

You sir, need to stop being a total ass.  I'm not spreading disinformation I am talking about my own experiences in the game.   So hop off my fender and back off.

I am not being a total ass.  It is, as others have stated, a matter of class balance.  I apologize if the words I choose to use are so offensive to you.  It IS misinformation that the class is over powered.  It is quite incorrect.  To base an evaluation of a games balance based on a short time played as the class, without testing the strengths of every other class specifically against THAT class to merit the true strengths and weaknesses, and to then put forth the extremely limited information as tho it is otherwise is misinformation.  To post a thread (Which we have an over abundance of) about the "Imbalance and OP classes" is doing exactly that.  My choice of verbage is not a direct reflection upon you.  It is a reaction to the "Crowd" of people posting similar threads about EVERY other class about how THEY are the over powered one.  Don't take it so personal, you will find it is not so offensive.  The is in fact why I made the reference to the "Newbie genius" posts which you take such offense at.  Not drectly you, everyone who is flooding forums with it, and again, with inadequate background information, or lack of information over all to make a proper assessment of the true balance of the class.

Digna

Hard Core Member

The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.

9/09/08 7:05:24 AM#20

IB is made to be a tank. They and the SM are the only true tanks on the Order side. They directly balance the Orc tank and the Chaos tank. There is a distinct balance but it's across the lines versus on the same side.

2 Pages 1 2 » Search