Trending Games | World of Warcraft | EVE Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,815,326 Users Online:0
Games:731  Posts:6,214,421
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
64 posts found
  User Deleted
9/09/08 12:44:06 PM#41
Originally posted by Mobidik

Thats guy make me laughing ! Anyway i know Mythic and atm this is the only one that i trust. In DAoC everything was perfect ! they are really close with their customer.

When was the last time you played DAoC ?

And if you say within the last year.. I'm putting you on my "suspect" list.

markoraos

Novice Member

My dog ate your homework.

9/09/08 12:45:47 PM#42

Once I got through the jaws of GOA the game played really smoothly.

Sure, there were a few bugs here and there but actually nothing you wouldn't expect from a game that's been live for AT LEAST A YEAR. Yes, it is amazingly bug-free for a fresh new game, not to mention a beta. The bugs I encountered were all cosmetical - occasional issues with mob zoning, looting UI scrambled but very very rarely etc. Nothing major by any means. Not one crash in 6hrs playing unless you count those 15 minutes they took all servers off line for some reason (it IS a beta you know).

What rig are you using man? What's wrong with you?

templarga

Novice Member

9/09/08 12:49:36 PM#43

I understand your frustration with GOA and related issues but OP and others really need to understand is there is a difference between Mythic and GOA. Just because you have account issues and registration issues and problems like that with GOA, it does not make the beta bad or the game bad.

This is not the worst beta ever. The devs listen and communicate well and respect the playerbase. I can list you games where that did not happen at all!

So from now on when you want to comment on the status of the game, comment on the game and not GOA. GOA may be bad but the game is good.

AlienShirt

Novice Member

9/09/08 12:54:11 PM#44
Originally posted by Gr4dient

I have been involved in many beta tests.  Some closed, some open.

When a game is in open beta it should be nearly finished and the devs should making sure that the game can handle the expected volume of players.

But Warhammer's open beta felt like more like a very early closed beta.  The screen froze, the cursor was jumpy and the game crashed a lot.

What were you closed beta testers doing? Not finding bugs, obviously.

I'll admit it is not as polished and bug free as I thought it would be (and should be) a week before launch. But apparently you never participated in the AoC Beta Test....as you would clearly not think WAR Beta test was the worst ever.

CavemanBE

Novice Member

9/09/08 1:00:28 PM#45

rmk70?

Stressing the servers?????????

Many people can't even get in??

Nice job

erandur

Novice Member

9/09/08 1:12:42 PM#46

Anyone with a big hosting company around? Europe needs dedicated game servers! I think only NCsoft Europe, Blizzard (if they do their own hosting in Europe that is) have decent servers. Lotro's servers (hosted by Codemasters) crash when 120 people fight each other. They can't host events, for the exact same reason (lithe festival in 2007, anyone?). They have a great customer service though!

Nevertheless, only big companies who can aford to buy their own servers in every continent of the world (except antartica of course!), and usually in multiple regions (Western- Eastern- Northern, etc.). Which gets expensive, really expensive. So they go for companies which are located in Europe... And end up with GOA / CM etc.

The good news is however, game companies depend on communities. If communities don't like a certain company (in this case GOA), they will have to get fired, before they take WAR down with them.

You know it, the best way to realize your dreams is waking up and start moving, never lose hope and always keep up.

cukimunga

Apprentice Member

Ah I'm drunk and I'm in the street like a vagabond.

9/09/08 1:16:50 PM#47

Ive only CTD 2 times in 14 hours of gameplay. The only but I've ran into is Can't attack target.  I  hope they get that fixed soon.

Curl

Novice Member

9/09/08 1:20:45 PM#48

When a game is in open beta it should be nearly finished and the devs should making sure that the game can handle the expected volume of players.

But Warhammer's open beta felt like more like a very early closed beta.  The screen froze, the cursor was jumpy and the game crashed a lot.

I'm having no problems here, actually this has been one of the best open betas I have played. A few bugs, virtually no lag and all around a very fun game.

Stop whining and login so I can kill you!

twhint

Novice Member

9/09/08 1:42:44 PM#49

While everyone is entitled to their opinion of course, I would suggest you seriously check your computer for spyware/adware, viruses, etc. because you are reporting problems that few people are having apparently.

The bugs I've come across are mostly dealing with monster pathing, ie. 'unattackable', retreating and getting full health, etc. I have yet to suffer a CTD and I've been in the CB for some time now. I also had a weird bug last night where corpses wouldn't sparkle and quest icons wouldn't show above NPC heads, but relogging fixed it. Performance has been fine, stability fine and gameplay have been fine.

karat76

Advanced Member

Greatest threat to society is letting casualties of puberty reproduce.

9/09/08 1:46:41 PM#50

I just wish I could figure out why I can't see the ground as it is just black.

twhint

Novice Member

9/09/08 2:08:03 PM#51
Originally posted by karat76

I just wish I could figure out why I can't see the ground as it is just black.

Sounds like you need to either upgrade your drivers (not just your video drivers) or check the texture memory on your card, offhand.

Cnuck

Advanced Member

Why not build an MMO for the people and not just the money. The money comes with the people, get it?

9/09/08 2:12:04 PM#52

I had that problem with a different game, but I had a crappy card. I had an ATI 1300 256mb, went with Nvidia  8600GTS 512mb and it solved that problem. hehe

WoW is a disease that will infect your brain and your computer.

DrDwarf

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 11:14:02 PM#53

This i suspect is due to your PC not having enough RAM or a decent enough  graphics card.

The game hasnt crashed or frozen once for me but my m8 is having similar problems to you.

IMPYRE

Elite Member

Yes, I have a question. When did you turn into a nutbar?

9/09/08 11:28:00 PM#54

Even if this was true..

I dont believe anything could beat Anarchy Online and Dark and Light Beta.

But I will have to agree with the majority here, I think were playing a different game then you.

miichael

Novice Member

9/09/08 11:32:35 PM#55

OP was right well for first day if that of open beta

right now its smooth and not a laggy mess that it seemed to be even for me on sunday

sydric

Novice Member

9/10/08 12:12:32 AM#56

Plz get some fresh air, you've been cooped up in your moms basement waaay to long.

Test means To test, the act of testing. obviously.

miagisan

Novice Member

9/10/08 12:16:06 AM#57

besides lotro...i think this is one of the smoothest (US) beta's in a long time. Other than the annoying cannot attack target which still occurs once in a while....its very stable. I think lotro might have had a better beta, so i would have to put this in at #2

crunchyblack

Apprentice Member

9/10/08 12:25:00 AM#58

I like when people are critical of others who are not 100% bug hunting and actually playing. This isnt closed beta, you go bug hunt, ill stress test the servers by playing and having fun.

But yeah this is a pretty smooth beta, considering the HUGE amount of content involved.

so far the worst problem ive seen are a few PQ glitches and some "target unavailable" while still attacking you bugs. Im pretty sure that mythic was well aware of these problems befroe open beta. Oh and i found an "image not available" for a shop items icon (reported it as im sure 10000 people did as well)

no latency issues, no major glitches involving combat or gameplay.

Ive seen much much worse.  Also they are not constantly adding new things, so no new bugs from them adding left out content.

Keridwan

Novice Member

"Femmes Fatales - The Power of the Feminine in the Art of MMO"

9/10/08 12:29:55 AM#59
Originally posted by Gr4dient But Warhammer's open beta felt like more like a very early closed beta.  The screen froze, the cursor was jumpy and the game crashed a lot. 

I

Wow, I really can't believe you have had this experience with Warhammer beta. I have been involved in 8 beta games now and I have to say that Warhammer is by far the best. Once you get past the first few levels the game experience is fantastic. This holds out much promise for the launch in a few weeks. I think the game is first rate.

Elikal

Spotlight Poster

“No path is darker then when your eyes are shut.” -Flemeth

9/10/08 1:00:47 AM#60

I must agree. Its not a total catastrophe, but the same not ready state like AoC or Vanguard. Period.  To claim anything else is fanboism, sorry.  But apparently it becomes trendy, and like with fast food spreading some people just dont know anymore how a real dinner tastes.

A forum is a place where people can discuss about different opinions. So what I don't get is, how people react offended when they come to a forum and then find... well different opinions. If a different opinion offends you, what are you even doing here?

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search