Trending Games | ArcheAge | Trove | WildStar | Forsaken Uprising

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,870,314 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,253,670
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search
64 posts found
  MacroPlanet

Novice Member

Astronomy, art, games, and a cup of coffee.

9/09/08 7:57:00 AM#21

You know as well as I know you never beta tested anything.  Worst beta?

What kind of MMO crack are you smoking?  Does Vanguard, Age of Conan, SWG, D&L ring a bell?

get the fuck outta here

Best MMORPG:
Ultima Online
EVE Online
World of Warcraft
DayZ

xaldraxius

Novice Member

9/09/08 8:09:44 AM#22

Ok, I am using a pretty good rig. (Q6600, 2- 8800gt's in sLi, 4 gigs ram...) and I am getting major lag. My bright wizard casts a spell and it's 3 to 4 seconds before I even know if it's going to go off right, or if I am going to get a "Inelligible Target" error or something akin. Then I get a lot of "That Ability is not ready" errors.

Order is getting stomped in PvP 7 times out of 10 or worse, because Destruction is full of heavy hitting tanks, and I don't know whether it's the class or what, but I have been on a team with 5 Warrior Priests and not gotten a single heal.

The PvE part of the game, and the Pq's seem pretty cool, and I have no real complaints there, except for the lag.

Order really needs to have their Knights back in order to have a chance against destruction. Not many people like playing dwarves, so we are lacking in the tank department in every PvP skirmish I've taken part in.

I wouldn't call it the worst beta I've been in, but I think that the AoC beta was better.

rmk70

Advanced Member

9/09/08 9:11:49 AM#23

Guys the OP is an obvious troll. No need to feed him.

WAR is fine performance wise, everyone knows this.

rmk70

Advanced Member

9/09/08 9:15:25 AM#24
Originally posted by xaldraxius

Ok, I am using a pretty good rig. (Q6600, 2- 8800gt's in sLi, 4 gigs ram...) and I am getting major lag. My bright wizard casts a spell and it's 3 to 4 seconds before I even know if it's going to go off right, or if I am going to get a "Inelligible Target" error or something akin. Then I get a lot of "That Ability is not ready" errors.

Order is getting stomped in PvP 7 times out of 10 or worse, because Destruction is full of heavy hitting tanks, and I don't know whether it's the class or what, but I have been on a team with 5 Warrior Priests and not gotten a single heal.

The PvE part of the game, and the Pq's seem pretty cool, and I have no real complaints there, except for the lag.

Order really needs to have their Knights back in order to have a chance against destruction. Not many people like playing dwarves, so we are lacking in the tank department in every PvP skirmish I've taken part in.

I wouldn't call it the worst beta I've been in, but I think that the AoC beta was better.

Your lag is server side lag. The dev's know about it and have been trying to tweak things so we don't get those big 3-4 second delays. This is was OB is for; stressing the servers.

You PvP issues are valid though. Order tanks just don't have the same cool factor as destruction tanks. Sword masters are annoying to use at first and that puts people off, and iron breakers are ugly dwarves. IB's used to be popular because they were OP'd, but they got nerfed a bit, but they aren't popular anymore.

Deto123

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 9:22:23 AM#25

Im not going to comment on the OB because well it s near perfect, but Order tanks i ve got to say one thing, BM are an absolute pain in the ass to play against, especially in later levels. They re abilities they get are some of the best. Tough and damaging bastards i say. I hate them and love them at the same time.

laresloci

Novice Member

9/09/08 9:26:16 AM#26

LOL, worst BETA. 

Well, I guess I've had "good" ones and "bad" ones. But really come on now. People it's a beta.

Why is it that, as a culture, we are more comfortable seeing two men holding guns than holding hands? ~Ernest Gaines

Krayzjoel

Novice Member

9/09/08 9:30:48 AM#27

I crashed once and that was it.  This game is fine. Sorry OP but have to disagree with you on this.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
Playing EVE Online and AOC.
Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

rmk70

Advanced Member

9/09/08 10:13:54 AM#28
Originally posted by Deto123

Im not going to comment on the OB because well it s near perfect, but Order tanks i ve got to say one thing, BM are an absolute pain in the ass to play against, especially in later levels. They re abilities they get are some of the best. Tough and damaging bastards i say. I hate them and love them at the same time.

what's a BM?

Loke666

Elite Member

9/09/08 10:16:28 AM#29

It can't be worse than Vanguard, no way...

User Deleted
9/09/08 10:17:17 AM#30
Originally posted by rmk70
Originally posted by Deto123

what's a BM?

Gr4dient

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 10:21:32 AM#31

Well, it would seem that we are indeed playing different games.

And the email I have in front of me confirms this.

Can you guess what continent I am on?

User Deleted
9/09/08 10:31:47 AM#32

Well, WAR is the best new game to come out in the last two years, if judging from beta. Hopefully they get the European issues sorted out.

docwalker

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 10:35:33 AM#33

Hail Warhammer fans!(slowly becoming NOT a fan)

Payed for the Special Ed  box of WAOR , got myself some nice juicy open beta codes etc, waiting for the launch the day comes!! All of a sudden cant sign in to WAOR europe, managed to put in my first code in after they had problems with there key registration system ....................................................still waiting to get on.................................................................still waiting to get on.........................................................payed £10 to get early access..........................................................still waiting to get on......waiting for the illusionary activation email..............................................still waiting to get on.....................................Live in 8 days "I DONT THINK SO"!!!!!!!!. People saying in the early days of Developement , "i hope soe dont get in on it rather than EA"???? SOE would not have had these problems 8 days before the launch. Pirates of the burning Sea,Everquest2 and all there expansions, Star wars galaxies etc etc . Knowing what I know now I wouldn't be waiting to get on an open beta if they had been incharge of it.

A very Disgruntled Dwarf

Docwalker

kingofnothin

Novice Member

"Don''t take like too seriously, you''ll never get out alive!" - Van Wilder

9/09/08 10:52:06 AM#34

Cmon GOA fix this so we can stop hearing the EU players complain. It wouldn't be bad if ya'll would wrap it up into 1 thread, but somebody keeps making a new thread everytime they log in to here. I understand what you guys are feeling, I had to wait 6 hours to get in, but not this long.

They might have been too busy watching football, and now that it's over, they can work.

User Deleted
9/09/08 10:54:42 AM#35

Downloading US version as we speak , if only  I knew it will be like that I would have done it earlier...shame on you Mythic for choosing GOA, shame on you! First "-"!

DrDwarf

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 11:07:22 AM#36

My game is totally stable.  

niraco79

Novice Member

9/09/08 11:24:11 AM#37
Originally posted by kingofnothin

Cmon GOA fix this so we can stop hearing the EU players complain. It wouldn't be bad if ya'll would wrap it up into 1 thread, but somebody keeps making a new thread everytime they log in to here. I understand what you guys are feeling, I had to wait 6 hours to get in, but not this long.

They might have been too busy watching football, and now that it's over, they can work.

i am waiting for over 36 hours..isn`t this nice?

Shlomo

Novice Member

9/09/08 11:31:20 AM#38

GOA need a broom forced up their bum

BlackWatch

Advanced Member

licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

9/09/08 11:43:13 AM#39

The game CTD'd twice in two full weekends of gameplay. 

Pathing/response is still an issue for pets/mobs on some terrain.  I had an issue with the White Lion class in the starter area.  I went up the path a bit to kill the dark elf's, there is a small 'hill' or 'elevated' spot in the terrain.  Both the pet and I go over that fine, no issue.  I try to send the pet in to fight... it sits there.  I send the command again.  It sits there... then runs the other way, just down the hill.  Once the mob dies, he comes back by my side.  Happened a lot on uneven surfaces.

Player movement is stiff.  Because of this, melee combat looks like action figures without kung-fu grip trying to throw down.

Character creation/customization wasn't good.  This is one area of the game that I found to be a giant letdown.  This is really the first thing you see when you start to play the game.  I mean, you sit down... you watched the cinematic... now your creating your character... and 'blah'.  Does it have anything to do with 'gameplay' or 'mechanics'?  No, but I'm disappointed nonetheless.

The capital cities were huge.  Lots of detail.  I just wish there were more citizens, NPC's to interact with.  I know the streets will be filled with players and all of that soon enough, but the NPC's would help with more lore and just a sense of immersion into the gameworld.

Mobidik

Novice Member

9/09/08 12:28:45 PM#40

Thats guy make me laughing ! Anyway i know Mythic and atm this is the only one that i trust. In DAoC everything was perfect ! they are really close with their customer and i think warhammer will be the same so wait its just an open beta server are lagging sometimes ! my part its normal so. i dont know why pushing all server to max capacity just for an open ! this is the better time to stress the server to see how many people can be on at the same time 

Manager
www.crucialconnexion.ca
Professional Gaming Organization
#c2team irc@gamesurge
Counter-Strike:Source
- ESEA-I
- CEVO-P
Counter-Strike 1.6
- ESEA-M

4 Pages « 1 2 3 4 » Search