Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Neverwinter | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,849,159 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,139
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » Search
64 posts found
  Gr4dient

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 6:02:21 AM#1

I have been involved in many beta tests.  Some closed, some open.

When a game is in open beta it should be nearly finished and the devs should making sure that the game can handle the expected volume of players.

But Warhammer's open beta felt like more like a very early closed beta.  The screen froze, the cursor was jumpy and the game crashed a lot.

What were you closed beta testers doing? Not finding bugs, obviously.

User Deleted
9/09/08 6:03:39 AM#2

Seems we're playing a different game here.

Dekapitator

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:04:13 AM#3

This will not end well.

local93bc

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:05:28 AM#4

what are you talking about???

This guy has no idea what hes'talking about

Rocklynn

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 6:06:53 AM#5
Originally posted by Gr4dient

When a game is in open beta it should be nearly finished and the devs should making sure that the game can handle the expected volume of players.

But Warhammer's open beta felt like more like a very early closed beta.  The screen froze, the cursor was jumpy and the game crashed a lot.

Works fine for me. You are playing a different game.

www.rocklynn.se

Shard101

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:08:29 AM#6

I have Closed Beta and Open Beta tested 38 games many of them being MMO's. You have no clue wtf you are talking about.

This is actualy one of the better Betas for an MMO in a very long time. No game is almost bug free, the bugs here are not game breaking. There are very few bugs compared to the other betas. Graphics and fluff are never done by the time any these games release.  Mythic is way ahead of the ball in WAR.

Living Guild system ,Tome Of Knowledge and Public quests......   again dude, your a fool and a idiot. This game is superb Beta wise.

Kokushibyou

Apprentice Member

Remember

9/09/08 6:08:57 AM#7

I hate to feed the trolls by responding, but the OPs statement is false.  I have been playing WAR OB all weekend, probably around 20 hrs total, and I have only had it CTD once, in the first couple hours, and never freeze, stutter or be jumpy.  After the crash I updated my graphics card driver to the june 23 Nvidia release and I haven't had a crash since.

Say what you want about the gameplay, but claiming that the game is unstable is just patently wrong.

charlizd

Advanced Member

Live Life today, Because tomorrow is but a dream and yesterday only a
memory!

9/09/08 6:09:07 AM#8

You have just opened a big can of WHOOP my ASS here lol, well in all seriousness the OP could very well be having these problems but what he should have done was held a poll on how many ppl have suffered the same thing cause he may very well find out it  is he's problem and not the games.

User Deleted
9/09/08 6:09:26 AM#9

The problems you are having are likely because of your PC, either the state of it's OS software or it's internal hardware.  I am running the beta client without a hitch, while forcing x16 AF and x8 AA for improved image quality.  I have not had a single crash or sign of instability.

I'd do a little searching for what the minimum system requirements were for Warhammer, you may be below that.

myrlar

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:09:27 AM#10

Yea, I don't think we're playing the same game either. So far i've been impressed at how far this has come since closed beta... and i think the level its at is worth retail. fix it on the fly mythic.. .just let us play it!!! (which they're gonna do anyway )

myrlar!

gan3f

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:11:30 AM#11

i havn't crashed once, nor froze at all. maybe upgrading your computer will help. good luck tho since nobody in my whole guild has complained about a crash after they patched from the first preview weekend..

delete5230

Elite Member

9/09/08 6:12:53 AM#12

To the OP, if you find yourself playing a lot of open betas then you should consider buying, more RAM ( at least 1 gig ) and a graphics card for gaming. You can't expect to play any game made past 1999 with the graphics card that comes with a computer

Burnthebed

Apprentice Member

Totally Brasome

9/09/08 6:16:18 AM#13

Try playing games on a computer that doesn't belong to your 60 year old mother who bought it at big lots.

The sleeper awakes...and rides his dirtbike to the mall.

facris

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:36:59 AM#14

Is this a joke? Dev's should be making sure the game can handle the volume of players?  If you beta'd a couple of games then you realize that open beta is based around stress testing to see the volume the game can handle.  With the 'rolling' population that the dev's are using, as the player back increases and moves from one zone to another they slowly increase the pop cap on the server

Dude, this has to be your computer, as i have not had a problem since early beta, open beta is as smooth as a baby's bottom.

A pure trolling comment.  If you see bugs in game, /bug them!  You are in the open BETA, therefore you are there to test the game, not to get free game time, or to see if you like the game.  Put your money where your mouth is and send in bug reports on any of these 'bugs' we apparently missed.

Honestly, if you are going to talk without actually doing the footwork to get the information and facts, perhaps its best you had a bad preview, and you stick with your original game

Sunder

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:39:28 AM#15

Buy a better computer?  I do not have any of those problems, nor any of the other hardware related skipping and freeze type issues people complain about (In this or other games)  I dunno bud, time toget offt he Amiga?  Maybe it's your Baud?

mrroboto40

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:39:49 AM#16

We Closed Beta testers found many bugs and have reported them to Mythic. It's more likely that you aren't running the system specs required to play WAR, as nowone else seems to have the problems you do.

Kshahdoo

Novice Member

9/09/08 6:55:34 AM#17

There was a first day in WAR for me yesterday. Yes, I had some minor problems (lags mostly), but no crashes and gamebreaking problems at all. 7 hours of pure fun hehe!

Digna

Hard Core Member

The pen is mightier than the sword if the sword is very short, and the pen is very sharp.

9/09/08 7:01:32 AM#18

While I've seen a number of bugs and reported them, most were very minor. Quest descriptions, map errors, and a few little wording issues. In general I see a lot of folks who say 'I've Beta tested a lot of games so I know what I'm doing...etc' who may or may not actually take ownership for issues on their own end of the game.

Sure, it's very easy to say 'This game Sucks! I can't run it because of bugs!' The problem lies with the majority of folks who are running it and NOT having the issues that make the game unplayable. When that happens, folks need to check closer to home and take ownership of the issues that are stemming from their computer, ISP, lack of knowledge etc. Sure, you might have the rare PC configuration that makes stuff crash and that sucks but for the most part, unless you really don't meet the requirements of the game, most issues can be worked out if you use the tools.

(Also, just posting that the game sucks really isn't going to help you or hurt others if that is your intent. Asking about an issue is often the best way to find a 'fix' for stuff. Even PC professionals do it...probably more than the general users!) 

eq2js

Novice Member

9/09/08 7:13:05 AM#19

LMAO this is bs. I am running the game with just a little lag with a 2Ghz single core processor. This is quite a bit below the minimum system requirements, and its still playable. OP has no clue what he is talking about, probably just some WoW fanboi trying to stop people from playing WAR. So gtfo this site if all you are going to post is total BS. 

rapt0r0

Novice Member

Soul is not a genre, it is where music flows from.

9/09/08 7:54:30 AM#20

The OP is either trolling or a complete idiot. Sorry to be harsh but this is the best beta for an mmo I've seen. From SWG to WoW to AoC this is by far the best.

If the OP is being honest with his statement about the stability of his client he really needs to consider upgrading his computer or just learn to not try playing games on a computer still with windows 98 OS...

The only real noticable, annoying bug I have found that is some what of a game breaker for me is the target not attackable bug, but the devs have already announced a patch fixing that soon.

4 Pages 1 2 3 4 » Search