Trending Games | ArcheAge | WildStar | Landmark | Middle-earth: Shadow of Mordor

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,851,206 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,224,861
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

7 posts found
  jp60

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 4:49:25 AM#1

I don't understand whe to find them! I see the bar where it shows my renown xp but i mean the points to buy armor. Can anyone help me?

synn

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 4:57:34 AM#2

you don't use points for gear...it cost money that you get for questing, farming, PQs etc...

the merchants can be found in warcamps, keeps and capital city dependingon current rank and renown rank will determine where you buy gear.

Lasastard

Novice Member

9/09/08 5:00:36 AM#3

correct me if I am wrong, but those points are spent at your class trainer to buy additional skills/improve stats such as augmented strength, + crit chance, etc

Items, as the previous poster said, are obtained from merchants, quests or drop from mobs (the former requiring money, obviously)

blisterfist

Novice Member

ride the spiral to the end it may just go where no ones been

9/09/08 7:54:00 AM#4

you can buy good PvP gear that has renown rank requirements, still cost money tho.

also vist a renown trainer to buy renown skills/stat bonuses with your renown points

rapt0r0

Novice Member

Soul is not a genre, it is where music flows from.

9/09/08 8:13:19 AM#5

You get renown points by killing the oppisite faction. You then level up your renown level to unlock renown gear that can be bought at certain vendors around the world. The gear costs regular gold but must be unlocked by your renown level before buying. I hope that answered all the questions since it seemed like most people were confused a bit...

charlizd

Apprentice Member

Live Life today, Because tomorrow is but a dream and yesterday only a
memory!

9/09/08 8:20:45 AM#6

Yes there a few things to do with Renown points 1 is to train your skill tree in this i mean you go to an NPC which is usually located near the RVR ( warcamp ) area i think he goes by the name of Renown trainer lol and you can train certain tree's related to your skills up to the value of your Renown rank.

The 2nd possibility is it unlocks certain types of Armour that is obtainable from Keeps controlled by your faction so for tier 2 gear which you have to pay for as well you will need a basic of Rank 11 / Renown 8 for boots and Rank 12 / Renown 9 for Gloves and belt, and so the trend keeps going.

I hope this helps.

jp60

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 9:15:32 AM#7

Thanks for all the info i just didn't want to spend renown points if i only had a certain amount on early gear in the game.