Trending Games | WildStar | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,776,494 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,191,585
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

17 posts found
  kolexe

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 3:51:51 AM#1

still no e mail for CE beta key for both me and my girlfriend, i have tried again 20mins ago and still nothing, anyone had any luck? if so did u spam them? lol

anyone noticed also there is NO point of contacting goa lol............

why and how on earth do these people get the contracts to do this kind of work am i right in saying its france telecom lol why would they be good at running mmo servers and accounts?

kolexe
lotro,wow,warhammer,ffxi

Vrika

Elite Member

9/09/08 4:00:48 AM#2

Only 18.5 hours, don't except your e-mail for a couple of days then. I've been waiting for my registration confirmation e-mail about 43 hours now.

I don't even except to be able to register to their site before Open Beta ends any more. If they'd be wise they'd announce next how they are going to compensate for those who paid for their beta keys. Either that, or they'd announce a delay in launch and extension of Open Beta.

kolexe

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 4:04:40 AM#3

yeh lol i couldnt even loginto nor register my code for the first 28 hrs or so lol

oh well this is looking more and more like i will be wotlk and staying with wow, damn im never trusting an mmo again i put so much passion and patientce after pre ordering this game 3 mths ago or so. should of learnt my lesson after vanguard and all the shit free mmos out there, nothing can beat - wow,lotro and ffxi

bastrds i want to cry ! lol

kolexe
lotro,wow,warhammer,ffxi

luxnova

Novice Member

9/09/08 4:10:29 AM#4

inputted my information at 4pm yesterday and still nothing

I appreciate it's beta and to expect some glitches but this is downright amateur. To be honest we have every right to whinge as GOA/MYTHIC marketed the fact that we would have OB access with CE as a 'feature'

I laughed when I read somewhere  Failhammer Offline: Age of Registration

Crusher

Novice Member

9/09/08 4:52:06 AM#5

After 12 hours I still didnt have any mail. So this morning I spammed the verfication process like 5 times. 10 minutes later i got the verfication.

Kwanu

Novice Member

9/09/08 5:35:44 AM#6

Still waiting from 4pm yesterday here, I tried sending off 5 more this morning, yes I know this could be counter productive but it seems to work for others, but no joy. Maybe I need to do it some more?

What's starting to worry me now is if this happens next week for the live launch. GOA seem incapable of correcting such a minor issue that the sheer level of incompetence is staggering. If I hadn't preordered from D2D I'd be off to the US servers in a shot, oh and I only preordered from D2D to get access to open beta, what a joke that is now.

Zodan

Novice Member

9/09/08 5:57:05 AM#7

GOA = Group Of Amateurs.

Anyway, they are really really bad...

kaidiez

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 8:46:32 AM#8

to everyone that only done the reg process once, that very good of you but really try it again. 

I done mine as soon as the page opened almost, then done it a few more times.  The last one I done about 9pm gmt and got it about 20 mins later.  IMO the first ones that went thru probably arent being done or are in some long ass queue, possibly they never even made it to the goa team.

I would suggest trying again, and possibly again.  Then try in each of your browsers, make some food then try again.

luxnova

Novice Member

9/09/08 9:16:13 AM#9

it's like grinding rep withe the registration faction.....

I am now more concerned that my headstart access code won't work on Sunday, as I have all but given up on OB

GOA roll'd chaos

Kwanu

Novice Member

9/09/08 9:40:01 AM#10

I preordered from D2D are other people who did the same able to play the OB yet or are they like me still waiting for the key validation 24+ hours later. Just trying to see if D2D got duff keys so I can go back to them about a refund as open beta was part of the spiel they use to sell the game if that is not delivered they are using false advertising and can be reported.

Beldaro

Novice Member

... MUDs; they made up characters and pretended. Little kids did it, and lonely people. - Gibson

9/09/08 10:46:21 AM#11

I was having problems activating the damn code, but since i read this i tried in IE instead of firefox and it went through right away. Before that it was stuck on that spinning popup thingie after i submitted, if anyone has the same problem, try that phaps.

Now i just wait for email like everyone else ^^

_______________________________________________________________________________________

DrDwarf

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 11:05:40 AM#12
Originally posted by Crusher

After 12 hours I still didnt have any mail. So this morning I spammed the verfication process like 5 times. 10 minutes later i got the verfication.

same.   They messed up again becuase I think a lot of people that verified and were waiting for the email for hours seemed to get lost.

After waiting hours and then res bmitting twice I got my email in 10 minutes - but that was at some crazy hour of the morning.

Feoz

Novice Member

9/09/08 11:08:05 AM#13

Waited 26 hours here. Gave them the chance to send the code by allowing them overnight, but i wake up this morning and nothing. So i reluctantly spammed it as i heard a lot of people were having joy by doing that, still nothing. I tried Firefox and I.E.

The crazy thing is i bought mine the same time as my mate from D2D, we both inputted the beta codes at the same time and he got in three hours later - 26 hours later i'm still on the outside peering in. It's doing my head in.

niraco79

Novice Member

9/09/08 11:19:48 AM#14

36 hours and counting...refunding soon cause this is outrageous

Sharne

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 11:22:42 AM#15

still waiting from 4pm yesterday /sigh

warty

Novice Member

9/09/08 11:26:35 AM#16

6gb left on the US client, account took 5 minutes to setup, including registrations for TWO different sites to get the key, remembering my FP key etc...

I wonder which will come first, client or EU activation.. GOA...fools

Playing polished, lag free, feature complete games is carebear. Whining about a game you hate but still play is hardcore man!

sarkk47

Novice Member

9/09/08 11:28:08 AM#17

entered my CE code at 5pm CET yesterday and several times today (using different e-mail addresses) but still no confirmation e-mail.

and whats more annoying, there are two D's or O's in my code that cant be read clearly so i covered every possible combination in the hope of getting one right. but alas, no e-mail either confirming it or saying i got a wrong code.

never going to pre-order any mmo again. "guaranteed access to the open beta". yeah, sure.