Trending Games | Swordsman | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Rift

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,736,833 Users Online:0
Games:714  Posts:6,175,582
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Just some questions about whats going on.

3 posts found
  Felle

Novice Member

OP  9/09/08 1:23:13 AM#1

To use the new system, if you are one of those who created your account yesterday, then first you must validate your account by following the link on the confirmation email if you have not already done so.

So I had created an account yesterday and which I have gotten my email to but I still get the errors when I try to validate it "Request failed. Please check your internet connection and retry in a few minutes. (code 303)" I have waited and waited tryed it on other computers but with no success but mostly what I wanna know out of this thread is if anyone else is sharing the same problem?

NOTE: I was actually able to register my key at the new system and waiting for some kind of email from that. Maybe this was just stupid I don't know please lend me your help.

aragon01

Novice Member

9/09/08 10:13:34 AM#2

i have exactly the same problem

DrDwarf

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 11:27:11 AM#3

you cant set up an account atm becasue they have effectively shut down that process.

The only thing they seem to be doing atm is allowing people with a verified account to submit their OB keys and have those verified so they can eventually get into the game.

The news on the site is becoming increasingly corporate.   It is better from a PR perspective for GOA and Mythic but it belies the fact that 00000s of people still cant get in the game.

People are holding of the flaming and anger because they think things are moving along.  the reality is they are but at a ridiculously slow pace leaving probably 75% of European fans stuck in a nightmare reading these smug news articles.

I am afraid the damage has been done.  If you look at it from GOA/Mythics perspective - they know the EU registration system is totally unfit for purpose.   They must be doing things right now to try and sort it for launch and whilst they are not happy they have hacked off 75% of the EU initial market for their product they have to pprioritise getting a working system in place by Sunday.

It feels as though there is probably a team of a few people manually verifiying keys on this new asynchorous system but if they have managed to add 65k since yesterday it is working to some extent.

OFc the ycould be deliberately throttling it back becasue they dont want so many in the game itself for fear that would knacked the servers and/or prevent them from testing them sufficiently by Sunday.  If that is the case they should be telling people and giving realistic timescales.   Yesterday we were told a wait of 1-2 hours for key validation was expected.  0000s of peopel ar estill waiting !