Trending Games | The Crew | Landmark | Neverwinter | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,849,986 Users Online:0
Games:732  Posts:6,223,486
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
39 posts found
  User Deleted

OP  9/08/08 9:33:56 PM#1

played for a while and I have yet to say "omg wow that is cool"  The closest I've come was with the UI Costumization.

Anyone get any "omg awesome " momments yet ? If so tell me how to get to it cause I would like to see something before the OB is over...

Bruticus_XI

Novice Member

"Walk softly...and carry a big gun."

9/08/08 9:38:03 PM#2

No, no real "OMG" moments but I've had more fun and feel like it's an actual war more than any other MMO.

I guess NPC vs. NPC combat really helps that more than ya'd think.

Actually when I got blown up by a Bright Wizard fireball or two I went "Ooh" like "Ouch" but not really "OMG I GOT BURNT"!

Kaylae

Apprentice Member

9/08/08 9:41:22 PM#3

Problem with answering this is that my experience goes beyond the OB. I've had a ton of Omg wow that is cool! moments over the last year or so.

Recent ones would be our first confrontation of Ard Ta Feed, our final, somewhat painful downing of Glomp Da Squig Herder and the fight with Tchar'zanek.

Like most things, the more time you put in, the better the moments get :)

kage-no-shi

Novice Member

......Best Signature in the WORLD......

9/08/08 9:42:28 PM#4

I got no omg moments but many parts of game like RVR and Public quests have an aweinspiring feel to them

User Deleted

OP  9/08/08 9:57:55 PM#5

There is a lot of great content , but nothing that really hooks me . RvR is fun I did some of that already, but like with LotrO, when I fisrt stepped into that game and saw water " omg awesome"  you know , I know  people will argue War , rawr.. so far im waiting for an Omg moment , VG had a few at the early start like the Wood Elf starting area.

Think WaR is a great game but they should have spent some more time on that intial start area to create that "hook" for the new player.

One thing that is almost "omg" is the world light , it gives the entire game a satin look, very nice.

User Deleted

OP  9/08/08 10:25:40 PM#6

Changed Races, Bright *human) area is 10 times better then the light elven are. If your not feeling it , change races, seems they had different people working on different parts, Bright has a lot more pazaz :) still not "omg pazap" though, yet

miagisan

Novice Member

9/08/08 10:29:16 PM#7
Originally posted by solareus

Changed Races, Bright *human) area is 10 times better then the light elven are. If your not feeling it , change races, seems they had different people working on different parts, Bright has a lot more pazaz :) still not "omg pazap" though, yet

i have had a few OMG moments

1) khaines embrace....being caught in the explosion for the first time

2) watching a bright wizard blow up people with his rain of fire

snowchrome2

Apprentice Member

9/08/08 10:31:59 PM#8

i have to agree i have not had an omg moments in WAR, while as in AoC i had a few.

but WAR 10x > AoC, because WAR keep the moments coming.

(i had the most "oh shit thats cool" moments in WAR than any other mmo yet, i have not yet played tier 4)

User Deleted

OP  9/08/08 10:43:37 PM#9

Khaines embrace was col, but felt a lot like Guild Wars ,to me, which is not a bad thing at all. I saw the explosion things but was like , mmhmm ok ... and some of the buff animationsseemed kind of mmhmm as well.  Keep in mind I play LotrO so that is how I am comparing. 

Think the water in War, is "ok" and that uis usually the place where you can get a "omg awesome" momment.

I have homework to do for my first semester of school so I doubt I will be able to dig deep but hopefully will have enough time to reach level 20 or 30 before ob is done.

severius

Elite Member

9/08/08 10:52:53 PM#10

played for a while and I have yet to say "omg wow that is cool"  The closest I've come was with the UI Costumization.

Anyone get any "omg awesome " momments yet ? If so tell me how to get to it cause I would like to see something before the OB is over...

For myself the WOW moments have all been through the RvR of the game.  Of course as an elder beta tester there have been other wow moments that are still, I believe, covered under the NDA because the OB is still capped at rank 20.  They are still refining some of the stuff for later on but, in short, no one can really point you to an omg wow moment.  They are highly subjective and as such are up to the individual.  A good deal of people seem to think that AoC was nothing but one omg wow moment after another yet I never fealt that way.

The one thing I will say towards the awesome moments came about 6 months into the beta when I finally "got it".  There are enough tweaks to the classes that someone who plays a class like they would a similar class in another game is missing out on some of the best parts of the game.  I was really turned off by the game a few months ago but the "got it" moment crystallized the game for me and since then its been nothing but fun.  Even after a plethora of wipes leveling from 1-whatever many times over I am still very pleased with the game.

severius

Elite Member

9/08/08 10:56:46 PM#11

Khaines embrace was col, but felt a lot like Guild Wars ,to me, which is not a bad thing at all. I saw the explosion things but was like , mmhmm ok ... and some of the buff animationsseemed kind of mmhmm as well.  Keep in mind I play LotrO so that is how I am comparing. 

Think the water in War, is "ok" and that uis usually the place where you can get a "omg awesome" momment.

I have homework to do for my first semester of school so I doubt I will be able to dig deep but hopefully will have enough time to reach level 20 or 30 before ob is done.

If you rush to the cap you are missing the majority of the game.  WAR unlike every other mmo on the market is packed with things to do from rank 1 til 40.  And well, LotRO did do their water very nice, (and when you have a zone(s) that are 80% water it has to look good) and all in all LotRO was an ok game however, I am a very big fan of Tolkien and the liberties they have taken with the license hurt the game, imo.  Sure its more game-y but for myself it sucks the fun out of the game.

Overpower

Novice Member

5000% Crit

9/08/08 10:57:54 PM#12

My Open Beta IGN is "Aids". My first OMG Moment was the graphics really - an improvement from WoW.

:)

Also, you start out in the midst of the battlefield, the surrounding areas where you start out have npcs fighting each other...totally AWESOME!

To Crybabies: Uhm...if a game pisses you off, don't play it - duh.
To Crybabies - Part 2: If you want a game to suit all your needs, start off by going to college to become a Game Designer.
Emo User Award: busdriver, for his love of Britney Spears - The Prize - Winning Posts

User Deleted

OP  9/08/08 11:02:20 PM#13

Can you go a little deeper into the "got it" cause all of us in OB are on a short time span and it would be optimal for us to know what you mean.

The thing I've notice was the stancing, is reminded me of Shadowbane Stance dancing , but instead of manual changing stances it does it automatically, and the refinement of using stancies as a combo system.

The skill system seems to be basic , with your core set and ther other set  (the set you level after 11) You can pick up some other basic skills like salvage and ect.

As far as grouping I would think that is what you mean by "Got it"  cause I feel I got the skill system down for pve play.. ? Is it like some of my skills can set up for some one else skills like in VG ?

Sicc1

Novice Member

9/08/08 11:13:44 PM#14

I think it boils down to preference in gameplay.No one can point you in the direction for an OMG wow moment.Ive had plenty in WAR,for instance my first trip into RvR zone and seein hundreds of people duking it out.If that isnt cause for an OMG wow then maybe its not your cup of tea.I played LOTRO and found it extremely boring.You keep making reference to LOTRO and comparing the two...apples and oranges my friend.LOTRO is a PVE game obviously, WAR the complete opposite maybe thats why your not getting that OMG feeling.

Darkfall - Sick
Earthrise - Sick

goreesha

Novice Member

9/09/08 12:22:47 AM#15

1) khaines embrace....being caught in the explosion for the first time

This.

The first time it happened, I thought, "Whoa, what the hell is that?" Then I tried to run, then I died. Then I said to myself, "OMG."

Retired

Advanced Member

9/09/08 12:56:52 AM#16

you have only played for a few days, every mmo starts off regular, by the time you get to level 40 im sure there will be alot a great moments.

Balthaazar1

Novice Member

9/09/08 1:05:34 AM#17

I had some OMG! moments so far. The first was when I entered the forest right before Troll Country.. it was just amazingly alive with magic, I remember my jaw dropped a little as we entered the wood and ransacked a small village in the wood. The wisps of light penetrating the dark forest was really cool.

Another moment was the first time I saw the huge giant crashing through the trees, knocking entire forests to the ground with the ground shaking and one man standing strong and promptly being squashed to death! Other Public Quests had simular feels. The Gold dragon flying over the tower and we dark elves bringing it to its knees was pretty awe inspiring and had the feel you asked about.

Another was when I landed on a white sand beach after death, and ships were lining the shore and orcs were invading in an army, it was a great moment.

Another was when I entered the Inevitable City and saw dragons circling around the towers and the whole place was pretty unhinging. I loved it.

------------------------------

'Cry Havoc, and Let Loose the Dogs of WARRRRR!!!'

User Deleted
9/09/08 3:16:05 AM#18

very good and solid game imo.

Some wow moments from using cannons etc wich is original, but the overall package smells like beeing made by very clever people with realistic objectives.

Seems im gonna stay around playing this for a while. Just wish there were more classes in, like human tanks etc.. maybe in next patches. Would be cool.

Threetowns

Novice Member

9/09/08 3:29:55 AM#19

I played lotro up to lvl 31 as a Captain and i was, sure looks nice!  Were is the war at !?!?

Theres just pve thats all.. :(

And there was no fear of going out past the camps and finding an enemy camp, no just mobs. :(

Fighting other playes is what i like the most, that gives me the OMG, i just got smoked by a player.. rofl

In war you can explore and walk up and get beat down by players, and that what i like! 

Open and Closed RVR is Sweet!

Everything in Warhammer counts! 

Hard to explain this, after while you can see that there is a war going around.

I find quest just ezy to find, when there done there Orange to you, yellow when there not done, so this helps.

The OMG is when i go to a high lvl area and get smoked by some flying bats ..  rofl

I was never a fan of Warcraft, played it 3 years off and on, and was about to pass up this game after trying out AOC, Im glad i stay in and give it a go..  To be honest, it took me a few trys with this one to get the hang of it, after i reset my graphics i  was wow now that looks way better!

User Deleted

OP  9/09/08 8:48:51 AM#20
Originally posted by severius

If you rush to the cap you are missing the majority of the game.  WAR unlike every other mmo on the market is packed with things to do from rank 1 til 40.  And well, LotRO did do their water very nice, (and when you have a zone(s) that are 80% water it has to look good) and all in all LotRO was an ok game however, I am a very big fan of Tolkien and the liberties they have taken with the license hurt the game, imo.  Sure its more game-y but for myself it sucks the fun out of the game.

Having npc battling at the start has been done by Vanguard as well with the Orc and Gobline races, so I guess that apsect of WAR didn't pack me like some ohers.

Think with LoTRO when I first stepped out of Archet and saw the rolling hills and flowers with the ruines on the hill and the sky and sun beaming , it gave me that intial aethesic to didcover what is in the game. Rushing through LotRO from 1-50 you really miss out on a lot things.

As far as pvp , until a game can do it like Shadownbane, I really don't consider WAR a full pvp  "omg seige"  or "omg I just lost all my loot to that @#$hole" kind of game  .

2 Pages 1 2 » Search