Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | WildStar | Age of Wushu

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,796,880 Users Online:0
Games:723  Posts:6,195,576
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

7 posts found
  Saekora

Novice Member

OP  9/08/08 8:40:10 PM#1

I went into the beta thinking that it would be another drab MMORPG, but I found myself pleasantly surprised by it. It is actually quite fun. And for that reason, I am more than likely going to buy it.

Bruticus_XI

Novice Member

"Walk softly...and carry a big gun."

9/08/08 8:41:49 PM#2

WAR is a diamond in the rough, it does need polish but that'll come with time. I'm accepting it for what it is right now - a fun game that's familiar but not too similar (after all, I never got bored of WoW, I got bored of WoW. Meaning, I didn't get bored of the UI or the combat, I got bored of the raiding, pointless PvP, timesinks, etc.)

Saekora

Novice Member

OP  9/08/08 9:19:19 PM#3
Originally posted by Bruticus_XI

WAR is a diamond in the rough, it does need polish but that'll come with time. I'm accepting it for what it is right now - a fun game that's familiar but not too similar (after all, I never got bored of WoW, I got bored of WoW. Meaning, I didn't get bored of the UI or the combat, I got bored of the raiding, pointless PvP, timesinks, etc.)

Yeah, there was never anything wrong with WoW's combat or UI. The problem was that everything else sucked about it. Warhammer, however, rights a great deal of it. :)

Kryogenic

Apprentice Member

Tam Arte Quam Marte

9/08/08 11:54:48 PM#4

I was pleasantly suprised as well, and I'm actually thinking about picking this game up now.

My only gripes and concerns are:

The lack of character customization in so far as body types and faces are concerned.

(I realize that each class has access to some faces and hairstyles that other classes of the same race don't have, maybe they should make all of the faces and hairstyles available to all of the classes. This would also go a long way towards alleviating the clone-syndrome that plagues this game.)

The High Elf zone is horriblely bugged.

(I played through alot of the Order zone as a Witch Hunter and never once ecountered the unattackable NPC bug. The High Elf starting area, however, is riddled with places where mobs spawn in places that glitch them up so you can't attack them, but they can attack you. It's really bad in the Public Quest in that area which will be players first experience with PQs. Also, from my understanding this is not a new bug.)

The chat is hit or miss.

(The Order chat channels all seemed to work fine for me, but not many people were using them. The High Elf chat channels would pop up in my chat saying I joined/left them, but when I tried to chat in the channels I just got "This channel does not exist" error messages.

I haven't had a chance to try out any of the other starting areas yet, and I'm also not sure if it's the channels in certain areas or if certain people's chat just gets buggy. Group chat has worked like a charm and I've had no problems with it.)

Finally, every person that rolls a High Elf Swordmaster, gives it white hair, and names it some form of Sephiroth, should be publicly flogged while breathing in the stench of beer farts delivered directly to their faces from a bare assed whino who's been binging for days... and then peed on. It's horrible playing in that zone and seeing Sepharoth run by only to be followed by Sepheroth the next minute. God, I hope it's not like that when the game releases.

All in all, the game is fun and pretty addictive. The Tome of Knowledge is a great way to spice up traditional MMORPG gameplay. The classes seem unique and fun to play. I haven't experienced it yet, but it seems like the combat could get very in-depth at later stages of the game.

The RvR scenarios are alot of fun, although some of them last a helluva lot longer than others.

I love public quest, they rock, they rock, they rock. I really like the way they did the rewards for the PQs too. Although it does suck balls to be one of the top 3 contributors and not get any loot at all. The plus side is that it really doesn't take all that long to run a PQ to farm for all the gear that you want.

Got alittle long winded there... sorry.

foichne

Novice Member

9/10/08 6:50:22 PM#5

it's still in beta, there will be more hair/face/ect combos at release including special ones for the ce so i wouldn't worry too much about the clone factor

Emotions

Novice Member

9/11/08 3:36:17 AM#6
Originally posted by Kryogenic

I was pleasantly suprised as well, and I'm actually thinking about picking this game up now.

My only gripes and concerns are:

The lack of character customization in so far as body types and faces are concerned.

(I realize that each class has access to some faces and hairstyles that other classes of the same race don't have, maybe they should make all of the faces and hairstyles available to all of the classes. This would also go a long way towards alleviating the clone-syndrome that plagues this game.)

The High Elf zone is horriblely bugged.

(I played through alot of the Order zone as a Witch Hunter and never once ecountered the unattackable NPC bug. The High Elf starting area, however, is riddled with places where mobs spawn in places that glitch them up so you can't attack them, but they can attack you. It's really bad in the Public Quest in that area which will be players first experience with PQs. Also, from my understanding this is not a new bug.)

The chat is hit or miss.

(The Order chat channels all seemed to work fine for me, but not many people were using them. The High Elf chat channels would pop up in my chat saying I joined/left them, but when I tried to chat in the channels I just got "This channel does not exist" error messages.

I haven't had a chance to try out any of the other starting areas yet, and I'm also not sure if it's the channels in certain areas or if certain people's chat just gets buggy. Group chat has worked like a charm and I've had no problems with it.)

Finally, every person that rolls a High Elf Swordmaster, gives it white hair, and names it some form of Sephiroth, should be publicly flogged while breathing in the stench of beer farts delivered directly to their faces from a bare assed whino who's been binging for days... and then peed on. It's horrible playing in that zone and seeing Sepharoth run by only to be followed by Sepheroth the next minute. God, I hope it's not like that when the game releases.

All in all, the game is fun and pretty addictive. The Tome of Knowledge is a great way to spice up traditional MMORPG gameplay. The classes seem unique and fun to play. I haven't experienced it yet, but it seems like the combat could get very in-depth at later stages of the game.

The RvR scenarios are alot of fun, although some of them last a helluva lot longer than others.

I love public quest, they rock, they rock, they rock. I really like the way they did the rewards for the PQs too. Although it does suck balls to be one of the top 3 contributors and not get any loot at all. The plus side is that it really doesn't take all that long to run a PQ to farm for all the gear that you want.

Got alittle long winded there... sorry.

Yea body changement and stuff ... which is mostly crap in other games cause then all the gear looks all the same (aoc, eq2, ...)

The customization is in the dyeing of the armors, trophies, ... Body customization will vaniish the moment you get armor anyway.

The only game that ever did this right was city of heroes. But @ release you had to watch the same character with ALWAYS the same clothing for 40 LONG and BORING levels.

lorteged

Apprentice Member

9/11/08 3:43:10 AM#7
Originally posted by Bruticus_XI

Couldnt have said that better myself.. But i totally agree,

I'm 100% sure about my pre-order now, and i cant wait to se what will happen after tha launch and a few months of pollishing