Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Darkest Dungeon | Trove

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,773,637 Users Online:0
Games:720  Posts:6,187,783
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Server Delays? Anyone else having this?

5 posts found
  Skuldin

Apprentice Member

OP  9/08/08 3:25:07 PM#1

My brother and I run on a pair of dual core systems with 8800 GT cards and 2 gig of ram.  My brother was trying out a bright wizard and called me this morning with his first thoughts.  "The combat is horribly slow compared to Age of Conan".  He said there was a ton to do and the content and rvr was fun but he said the actual combat system seemed to have a massive lag between when he hit the button and the game registered what he was doing. 

His Quote, "I would wind up a 3 second fireball and it would fly very slow across the screen to the enemy and then when it finally did hit it would delay showing me the damage numbers for a couple seconds." He said the Shadow Warrior is god awful from levels 1-7 too with only getting off maybe 2 shots before having to stand there and spam the one melee button over and over.  He also experienced the server delay on that class.

I'm trying it for the first time tonight and was curious if anyone else got that too. 

Thirty years of gaming experience...not sure if I should be proud of that
www.mmoexaminer.blogspot.com

Threetowns

Novice Member

9/09/08 5:19:16 AM#2

UGGG  I hate how they set up all the dark Elf guys with Girly hair ! ? !

Could they not make them with some short, or even a bald hair style?

From what i could tell there range attack looked slow, i could not deal with the way the mens hair looks.

banthis

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 10:10:59 AM#3

What your brother described is actually lag.   The controls are incredibly responsive but weird stuff seems to happen when there's alot of server side lag.  Hopefully this is one of the improvements coming before Launch.

banthis

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 10:11:42 AM#4
Originally posted by Threetowns

UGGG  I hate how they set up all the dark Elf guys with Girly hair ! ? !

Could they not make them with some short, or even a bald hair style?

From what i could tell there range attack looked slow, i could not deal with the way the mens hair looks.

You obviously know nothing about elves....that is the way elves in Warhammer Look...get Over it.

sirslayerr

Novice Member

Killer 93%
Explorer 60%
Achiever 26%
Socializer 26%

9/09/08 10:32:59 AM#5

I've played a DoK up to lvl 11 (RR 11 also) and I've never encounted that. I'd say make sure you're on a somewhat local server. If it defaulted you to a server located in another country, you'll probably be slower. Also, make sure your internet isn't having problems on it's own. Also, I have yet to be in real populated areas, so I'm unsure how that makes a difference. The most I've done is about 15 people on my screen at once, sometimes 20, and there hasn't been any delay yet. I run 2 20'' monitors with 2ms response time off of 1 evga 8800 gt, 6750c2d, 6g of ram on a vista system, just for reference.