Trending Games | Wizard101 | World of Warcraft | Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn | Elder Scrolls Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,899,492 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,268,240
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

5 posts found
  Maximous621

Novice Member

OP  9/08/08 12:36:27 PM#1

I waited about 14 hours before the file finally downloaded. I got home from school and saw it was done, and saved it to my computer. I tried to open the zip file, i tried extracting the files from the folder and everything i could think of! Well it turns out u need the fuckin download manager from fileplanet or w/e... Well it wants me to download the file ALL OVER AGAIN!!! Is there a way i can use the manage to unlock the folder i already downloaded!? Please any help will br appreciated, after all this anticipation I am extremely pissed off!!!!

Maximous621

Novice Member

OP  9/08/08 12:51:39 PM#2

Also, it says the file is invalid or corrupt.... what the hell fileplanet, make me wait and give me a shitty file... not cool. i wish WAR would have given us discs for the beta, not only would we not have to wait so long, but problems would be greatly decreased, and agrivation!

Hersaint

Novice Member

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. Albert Einstein(1879 - 1955)

9/08/08 1:55:23 PM#3

Yes same here.  Fileplanet sucks.  I think they get paid to take the heat for Dl'ing the beta clients for the games pre-release because no one wants to pay to have that many servers going at once lol  I 've been trying to Dl from Fileplante for three days.  Should never have gotten excited with a beta invite.  lol

Maximous621

Novice Member

OP  9/08/08 2:54:00 PM#4

I figured out how to fix the problem... If you've downloaded WAR open beta from fileplanet without first installing the download manager you do not have to re-download it with the manager. First if you downloaded it with the manager and are having problems just open the file from within the download manager program. Now for those that didn't use the manager to download it. Go to download.com and download the program ObjectFixZip. Instal it and then use that program to open the WAR zip file and run the program. It takes about 10 minutes to fix the file, but better than having to download it all over again. After that open ur unlocked WAR zip folder and click the set-up icon and away you go. Hope this helps and enjoy.

P.S.

Sorry for my childish and annoying rant earlier, i was just really excited to play the game, and got really pissed off. So sorry...

Hersaint

Novice Member

Try not to become a man of success but rather to become a man of value. Albert Einstein(1879 - 1955)

9/08/08 5:44:36 PM#5

Thanks for the tip.  I'm still waiting in line so I can DL the remaining 3 gb of the beta.  Netwrok error or disconnect or something happened agian over night.  lol  Going on 4 days, trying to DL from fileplanet.  lol