Trending Games | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | World of Warcraft | Guild Wars 2

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,787 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,241,964
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » WAR Open Beta Discussion » Concerned about OB graphics?

17 posts found
  myrtille

Novice Member

OP  9/08/08 12:05:35 PM#1

Most of the footage you'll see is on the lowest possible settings with no lighting or shadows. This is done to maintain maximum performance when testing the game in it's un-optimized state.

However, if there's still any doubt this game will look fantastic, all I can say is watch these videos:

http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/748723/warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning/videos/chaos_062008.html

http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/748723/warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning/videos/environments_062008.html

http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/748723/warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning/videos/looks_dangerous_062008.html

http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/748723/warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning/videos/critical_hit_062008.html

http://uk.pc.ign.com/dor/objects/748723/warhammer-online-age-of-reckoning/videos/firestarter_062008.html

source : http://www.gamespot.com/pc/rpg/warhammeronline/show_msgs.php?topic_id=m-1-43797301&pid=520538

User Deleted
9/08/08 2:21:03 PM#2

It is expected to have low levels at a epic OB like this. They should be releasing a statement anytime now about graphics to give insurance that the game will bring a few next gen touches to it.

User Deleted
9/08/08 2:26:50 PM#3

I don't mind the graphics. I always turn most settings down or off to improve gameplay anyway.

ZAGAN

Novice Member

9/08/08 2:29:52 PM#4
Originally posted by Dedthom

I don't mind the graphics. I always turn most settings down or off to improve gameplay anyway.

POKE......

And we spend 500+ $$$$$ to do what?

User Deleted
9/08/08 2:34:21 PM#5
Originally posted by ZAGAN
Originally posted by Dedthom

POKE......

And we spend 500+ $$$$$ to do what?

Ok, maybe not all of them down or off.....Just some of them.

TurnX

Apprentice Member

9/08/08 2:37:59 PM#6

I personally will be playing the game on low settings, that is if I end up buying it, as my laptop can only handle so much. So for me it is all going to come down to how the game plays out. So far I find it to be very much like WoW as far as quests and the battle system goes. Hopefully in the next couple of days I can test out the RvR, Scenario and public quest systems and get a better feel for how this game will differ from usual stuff.

----------------------------------------------------------------
Acer 6920 Notebook
16" CineCrystal WXGA
C2D T5750 2.0ghz
4gb DDR 667
Nvidia 9500M GS 512mb

Shadow786

Novice Member

9/08/08 2:39:35 PM#7

Honestly the graphics are great they are alot beter than WoW (seems like everyone compares everything to WoW) and if you force AA through the control panel it willl look much sharper. The only problem i have is the draw distance its stilll too short ><

Cereo

Novice Member

9/08/08 2:46:31 PM#8
Originally posted by Shadow786

Honestly the graphics are great they are alot beter than WoW (seems like everyone compares everything to WoW) and if you force AA through the control panel it willl look much sharper. The only problem i have is the draw distance its stilll too short ><

3 Months into WoW release people went and played EQ for the first time and said "This game blows, it just copied off of WoW". And it won't ever stop, WoW was the first MMO for 90% of the MMO community.

User Deleted
9/08/08 3:11:27 PM#9

They did some thing with the shadows and how they cast, there is some atmospheric eleemnts as well that help make the game pop without over burdening the computer. When I am logged in there is about 50-100 people around every area I got to.. I find very little hitch but do have some lag now and again...

bluberryhaze

Novice Member

I''m No Sellout

9/08/08 8:01:13 PM#10

1920x1200 all maxed.

the houses look nice...the colors are crisp...the wheatfield looked great.

i want the ground textures, mountain textures to be seen at high quality from a great distance. looks sloppy the way it is now.

-I will subtlety invade your psyche-

Malthros

Novice Member

9/08/08 8:10:08 PM#11

What is with people and graphic obsessions.  You know what you get when you focus on Art and graphics and everything else takes a backseat?

AoC.

You know what you get when graphics are setup to run on any PC from the past several years, and focus on gameplay and content?

A successful MMO.

Graphics only need to be decent up till a certain point before it's just pointless eyecandy.  No amount of realism and amazing cutting edge modeling can save a game that plays like crap, runs badly, or lacks content.  Graphics should be the last concern for a serious gamer, it should be what gets a game a 9.0 or 0.5 instead of a 10, whereas the eyecandy game that few can run gets a 7 or 8 if it's lucky because graphics mean nothing if you can't run the game at an enjoyable level.

That said, I have only tried WHO at the demo stations at a couple conventions.  The graphics aren't hot, but it doesn't look much worse than what an average PC can run a game like AoC at, but it gets about 3-4x the FPS when doing so.

Saekora

Novice Member

9/08/08 9:26:49 PM#12

Personally, I think the graphics are great.

pegleg

Advanced Member

Mastering the Art of Chill

9/08/08 10:55:24 PM#13

The Graphics are fine its the Animation that is killing this Game. When I do a Senario It seems like the Guys run around with 13 FPS on their characteranamations, but my character and the Ground around me is still at 60FPS its so dumb. It just seems like the character animations are missing 1/2 the Frames so it looks so choppy. Kinda like Vanguard. They modals look nice standing still but once they move its

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

Vindicoth

Novice Member

9/09/08 11:20:43 AM#14
Originally posted by pegleg

The Graphics are fine its the Animation that is killing this Game. When I do a Senario It seems like the Guys run around with 13 FPS on their characteranamations, but my character and the Ground around me is still at 60FPS its so dumb. It just seems like the character animations are missing 1/2 the Frames so it looks so choppy. Kinda like Vanguard. They modals look nice standing still but once they move its

Theres a setting in the game that you can change to remove that. The reason it does that is because the further away someone is the less detail you see, so they also trim down the frames for the animations so your computer isn't getting strained by people who are further away.

pegleg

Advanced Member

Mastering the Art of Chill

9/09/08 7:47:52 PM#15
Originally posted by Vindicoth
Originally posted by pegleg

Theres a setting in the game that you can change to remove that. The reason it does that is because the further away someone is the less detail you see, so they also trim down the frames for the animations so your computer isn't getting strained by people who are further away.

Where are these settings I can't seem to find them.

All MMO's have grinds. If you don't like to Grind then MMO's are not for you.

DrDwarf

Apprentice Member

9/09/08 11:04:23 PM#16
Originally posted by Shadow786

Agree.  I think there is always that uncomfortableness generally with a new mmog.  After an hour or so of playing youll start to appreciate them a lot more.

I do thik the distance needs to be improved esp for people with cards that could handle it no problem.

trevornor

Novice Member

No, Imperial commander, Nair does not come in wookie size. We do have an ewok 6 pack though

9/10/08 9:15:39 AM#17

A little off base, but even with my "low end" system, graphics look decient. I am actually playing this game on my motherboard graphics card and shared memory. (I know, crazy. Drives my guild crazy to no end) I set it to max performance, and it is operating fine and looks good here. I did download the latest drivers and do run my flat panel monitor at one setting below max (Trick I used on WOW to speed things up due to the "basic graphics card")