Trending Games | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes | Star Wars: The Old Republic | ArcheAge

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,921,924 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,314,737
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » Any Blackguard info out there?

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
31 posts found
  Drgnprpht999

Novice Member

"Among the lucky you are the Chosen One" -Fortune Cookie

OP  4/06/08 11:08:07 PM#1

I was just wondering. Have they revealed any more details on the Blackguard other than the video Paul did  with the brief overview? Its the only elclass i have a lot of interest in and I'm just curious if they have gone more in depth with them yet.

Deviant Art: http://ramenninja.deviantart.com/

MMOs Played: EverQuest 1 and 2, Ryzom, Horizons/Istaria, Planetside (BFRs ruined it), WoW, GuildWars, CoH/CoV, Lineage 2, FFXI, Random free MMOs

KutuluXul

Novice Member

WE WILL CRUSH INNOCENCE UPON THE PAIN OF CHAOS!

4/06/08 11:12:15 PM#2

Originally posted by Drgnprpht999

I was just wondering. Have they revealed any more details on the Blackguard other than the video Paul did  with the brief overview? Its the only elclass i have a lot of interest in and I'm just curious if they have gone more in depth with them yet.

Not a bit.

At least, I haven't seen it.

And, I'm a bit of a WAR fan site news troll...

From Battle, Death; From Death, Chaos; From Chaos, POWER!

The Unholy Legions of Anti-Sanctus Chaotica - A Warhammer Online Destruction Regiment

http://TheUnholyLegion.org/

Drgnprpht999

Novice Member

OP  4/06/08 11:15:53 PM#3

Hmm, well that sucks. Hopefully within the next month or so they will reveal the final classes, though I believe its suppose to be more of a Guild newsletter.

MMOs Played: EverQuest 1 and 2, Ryzom, Horizons/Istaria, Planetside (BFRs ruined it), WoW, GuildWars, CoH/CoV, Lineage 2, FFXI, Random free MMOs

PrinceDamien

Hard Core Member

"Why are humans destined to meet those who will become important to them?"

4/07/08 2:44:46 AM#4

media.pc.gamespy.com/media/748/748723/imgs_1.html

The third picture from the first row shows 3 Black Guards. Thats the only screenshot of Black guards I have seen this far. And no, I havnt seen any information about them, sadly... =/ Been waiting since they first anounced they would be in the game.

But I hope you like the screenshot anyways. ^^

Signing up for Eternal Crusade? Use this link and you'll get 4k extra credits to spend on the Rogue Trade shop. Eternal Crusade Signup

Krayzjoel

Novice Member

4/07/08 10:02:24 AM#5

I doubt they'll reveal everything about all the classes as they (mythic) want to keep putting news out in tidbits at a time.

Im gonna play a blackguard.

Played : WOW, LOTRO, COH/COV, EQ2, SWG, and WAR.
Playing EVE Online and AOC.
Wtg for SW:TOR and WOD

Drgnprpht999

Novice Member

OP  4/07/08 10:06:48 AM#6
Originally posted by WolfHaart

media.pc.gamespy.com/media/748/748723/imgs_1.html

The third picture from the first row shows 3 Black Guards. Thats the only screenshot of Black guards I have seen this far. And no, I havnt seen any information about them, sadly... =/ Been waiting since they first anounced they would be in the game.

But I hope you like the screenshot anyways. ^^

Thanks that screen shot was cool. Those weapons look wicked. I'm liking them more and more. I htink I'll end up playing a Blackguard even though I'm tired of playing as a tank, but Paul made them sound so awesome.

PrinceDamien

Hard Core Member

4/07/08 10:34:43 AM#7

uk.gamespot.com/video/520538/6186186/videoplayerpop

03:19 - 03:25   -   Black guards

You can see Black guards from behind walking in a line towards the High Elf lands. They look awsome behind. Its sad tho they dont show them face-to-face instead of the backs. I cant decide if I´m gonna be a Black Guard - Black Orc - Marauder - Witch Hunter... I´m kinda bored with Tanks aswell. But I love Orcs, The Black Guards seems to me as a Brute in City of Villains. Which also hurts more the more hes in the battle. Witch Hunter becouse they look awsome and I love the coat. =P And Maruder becouse they are true barbarians. ^^

But its most likely I´m gonna be a Black Guard as a main char, and perhaps a Witch Hunter as a Second. I do have to try the Order side sometime. =P

Signing up for Eternal Crusade? Use this link and you'll get 4k extra credits to spend on the Rogue Trade shop. Eternal Crusade Signup

Drgnprpht999

Novice Member

OP  4/07/08 10:48:56 AM#8

Thanks Wolfhart That was an awesome video. Those Blackguard looked badass for the two seconds they were in it. I haven't seen that video before and it was cool. Those marauders looked awesome as well.

Vortigon

Advanced Member

RMT is for weak people.

4/07/08 3:13:22 PM#9

http://trailer.onlinewelten.com/videos,id3478,warhammer_online_war_paris_praesentation.html

(Time 16:20 onwards)

Few seconds of description and picture of Blackguard and others during the Paris presentation video.

-Tank

-Dual handed Swords

etc

(Fantastic Video BTW incase you haven't seen it has all the latest info etc)

PrinceDamien

Hard Core Member

4/07/08 4:25:37 PM#10

So Black Guard can use 2H Sword? Always thought they can, but I wonder if it will be as effective as a Hillebard. Maybe they got skills only useable with hillebards and stuff becouse thats the "main" Black Guard weapon... =P But I do like swords more, so I hope it wont matter which one I use.

Drgnprpht999

Novice Member

OP  4/07/08 8:43:32 PM#11

I like both Staff weapons (spear/halberd/etc...) and swords so this is going to be a fun class I hope. Will be interesting to see when they reveal more down the line.

xzeve

Novice Member

4/08/08 11:00:30 AM#12

mythic really annoyes me with this tbh. the picture has been there for ages, and same with the "small" introduction video. still, over 6 months after there still isnt any descripton of the class, an no real ingame clips. i wonder what mythic is up to, eaither they are changing the class for better/worse or they are just trying to annoy people. perhaps they are planning to reveal the "last" 2 classes / info about them around the same time?   would really like to get a better idea of how the blackguard playes, so i either can decide to loook closer on other tank classes, or if i should decide for some healing ... and get a better look at those

Drgnprpht999

Novice Member

OP  4/08/08 11:25:40 AM#13

I know how you feel. If they had a little synopsis of what they do on the main site I would be happy.

NoNameMaddox

Novice Member

4/08/08 11:31:50 AM#14
Originally posted by xzeve

mythic really annoyes me with this tbh. the picture has been there for ages, and same with the "small" introduction video. still, over 6 months after there still isnt any descripton of the class, an no real ingame clips. i wonder what mythic is up to, eaither they are changing the class for better/worse or they are just trying to annoy people. perhaps they are planning to reveal the "last" 2 classes / info about them around the same time?   would really like to get a better idea of how the blackguard playes, so i either can decide to loook closer on other tank classes, or if i should decide for some healing ... and get a better look at those

If you want to know how the Black Guard plays, your best bet is the look at the Dwarf Ironbreaker. They will be different, but the mechanic of these classes should be similar since they're mirrors, just like Chosen/Knight of the Blazing Sun and Swordmaster/Black Orc.

Drgnprpht999

Novice Member

OP  4/08/08 11:39:19 AM#15

Hmm I guess that makes sense. Though I didn't know Black Orc was the anti magic tank for Destruction. Thats totally unexpected. I'll take a gander at the iron breaker than.

NoNameMaddox

Novice Member

4/08/08 12:09:09 PM#16

I didn't mean that Black Orc was the anti-magic tank, I mean that it's playstyle is a mirror of the Swordmaster; they both use attack chains. KotBS and Chosen are both chant-based tanks, although the former seems to use buff chants and the latter uses debuff chants. The Ironbreaker has a "Grudge" systems that increases his damage against enemies based on how much they hurt his allies. The Black Guard has a "Hate" system which hasn't been explained yet, but it makes sense that it would work similarly to Grudge.

BlackWatch

Novice Member

licensed to kill gophers by the government of the United Nations

4/08/08 12:10:45 PM#17

Drgnprpht999

Novice Member

OP  4/08/08 12:18:36 PM#18

Yeah that video is the whole reason I want to play Blackguard. Paul makes them sound so cool.

Godliest

Defender of Ascalon

"There''s a time and a place for everything, and it''s called college." - Chef

4/08/08 12:56:34 PM#19

Originally posted by Drgnprpht999
Yeah that video is the whole reason I want to play Blackguard. Paul makes them sound so cool.

And every other class.

PrinceDamien

Hard Core Member

4/08/08 5:48:59 PM#20

True. Paul makes most things sound cool. ^^

2 Pages 1 2 » Search