Trending Games | ArcheAge | World of Warcraft | Destiny | Star Trek Online

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,856,576 Users Online:0
Games:740  Posts:6,240,832
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » Pay to Pay Or Free to Play??

2 Pages 1 2 » Search
32 posts found
  Mr.Happy

Novice Member

"Memento Mori"

OP  2/07/08 9:32:00 PM#1

Sorry, hate to ask this, been looking at the game, looks GREAT, but first is it going to be retail or just a download? And is it going to be a $15 month game like WoW and all the other big game titles. Again sorry for asking this just want to know...

Thanks for the Help

shyguy101

Novice Member

2/07/08 9:35:46 PM#2

Bet your butt it's going to be p2p... Its just right now they don't know how much they are gonna charge per month.

napalmninja

Apprentice Member

2/07/08 9:37:11 PM#3

dont feel bad ive been wondering this myself but by the looks and the fact its based off warhammer will probably make it a p2p game id love it to be free but its a big budget so i doubt it

so2404

Novice Member

2/07/08 9:37:14 PM#4

probably be 50- 1 free month/ 15$ a month after like the usual big games

Mr.Happy

Novice Member

"Memento Mori"

OP  2/07/08 9:37:50 PM#5

Alright mate, thanks for the help, figures with all the hype and such, they are going to charge at least $10 per month, but $15 for them wouldn't be bad either. Either way, they are going to make a butt load of cash off this game.

ElRenmazuo

Elite Member

2/07/08 9:38:56 PM#6

I dont understand why some people hate paying a low 15 dollars a month, not that im talking about you OP.  I waste more money on food every week than mmos, food that I dont even need to eat like mcdonalds.

Mr.Happy

Novice Member

"Memento Mori"

OP  2/07/08 9:43:12 PM#7

$10, $15 a month, add that up to a year and thats $120-$180 a year! You could buy 3-5 games for that kind of price. Now, I'm not a big gamer like some of you, but anything more than $10 is a hella lot for me.

xenogias

Advanced Member

2/07/08 9:45:37 PM#8

Retail box/paid download and at LEAST 15 a month, possibly more though they havent said for sure.

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

2/07/08 9:45:45 PM#9

Originally posted by Mr.Happy

Alright mate, thanks for the help, figures with all the hype and such, they are going to charge at least $10 per month, but $15 for them wouldn't be bad either. Either way, they are going to make a butt load of cash off this game.

If they decide to go off the 14.99 price odds are it will be more, not less.  (but nothing has been said by EA/Mythic to that effect, just how people interpreted some statements about leaving their pricing options open)

Arrogant, Dismissive, Elitist, you speak as if these are bad things?
Kyleran - Bitter Vet ™ since 2006
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

adders666

Novice Member

2/07/08 9:47:06 PM#10

ive played quite a few F2P games and quite honestly they dont compare with a good P2P game in the slightest, and im quite happy to pay £7.99 or whatever it is to play as imho it keeps out a lot of undesirables, anyone ever play RFO when it was P2P? very nice community on there for the couple of months i played, i tried scince it went F2P and my god its like the dregs of society have converged on it gold sellers, farmers, PLers and all sorts all standing in the main bases of each faction blatently selling their wares i would be quite happy if a game went up to £20 a month, would keep out even more people no one likes to see in games, and seriously whats £20 these days lol 3 packs of cigs and a can of beer or 2?

xenogias

Advanced Member

2/07/08 9:48:29 PM#11

Originally posted by so2404

probably be 50- 1 free month/ 15$ a month after like the usual big games

Your right on the 50$ at least for now. Game stop (which is the first game store to come into my area...ever and just opened last week) has it priced at 49.99 for the basic box, no price for CE yet obviously. The release date on there paper is June 8th, but I expect it to be later than that. Hope not but probably will be.

As the 15 a month, lets hope. It will be at least that but possibly more.

Mr.Happy

Novice Member

"Memento Mori"

OP  2/07/08 9:52:25 PM#12

Possibly more than $15 a month? WoW, EvE, and none of the other games have surpassed this mark... I'm not sure if they are going to or not, but still, $200 for a game? For a SINGLE game, if something happens, and you quit, it's like you wasted all that time and money for nothing!!

dapsykotik

Novice Member

2/07/08 10:00:58 PM#13

Possibly more than $15 a month? WoW, EvE, and none of the other games have surpassed this mark... I'm not sure if they are going to or not, but still, $200 for a game? For a SINGLE game, if something happens, and you quit, it's like you wasted all that time and money for nothing!!

That ''nothing'' is called fun.

Mr.Happy

Novice Member

"Memento Mori"

OP  2/07/08 10:04:57 PM#14

That "fun" costs loads of money,  and you can get that "fun" for alot cheaper than $15 a month, but I guess it COULD be worth it if it happens to be really good....

adders666

Novice Member

2/07/08 10:05:14 PM#15

Originally posted by dapsykotik

QFT there mate,

if you go to the cinema once a month, or go to the pub, out for a meal with the wife, ect. is that a waste of money too? its leisure that you are paying for in all these cases, and you will be hard pressed to get the same value for your money from any other entertainment varitey. £7.99 or $15 is like nothing when compared to a night on the town £50-£100 (in london) a meal for 2 can be upwards of £100 and even cinema would cost £20 or more per person for 1 day/night out so for a measly £7.99 a month u get to play your chosen game 24/7 if you want to. good value imho

Mr.Happy

Novice Member

"Memento Mori"

OP  2/07/08 10:09:07 PM#16
Originally posted by adders666

QFT there mate,

if you go to the cinema once a month, or go to the pub, out for a meal with the wife, ect. is that a waste of money too? its leisure that you are paying for in all these cases, and you will be hard pressed to get the same value for your money from any other entertainment varitey. £7.99 or $15 is like nothing when compared to a night on the town £50-£100 (in london) a meal for 2 can be upwards of £100 and even cinema would cost £20 or more per person for 1 day/night out so for a measly £7.99 a month u get to play your chosen game 24/7 if you want to. good value imho

I'm not an "intense gamer" or anything so I I'm not sure if I would devote SO much time into a game paying $15/month, but you never know what could happen...

dapsykotik

Novice Member

2/07/08 10:10:23 PM#17

That "fun" costs loads of money,  and you can get that "fun" for alot cheaper than $15 a month, but I guess it COULD be worth it if it happens to be really good....

Well I guess it depends for everyone, but for my part, when I check how much it costs me for an hour of fun (and that, pretty much whenever I want), it's pretty cheap.

adders666

Novice Member

2/07/08 10:17:12 PM#18

i see where you are coming from, but personally i subscribe to a few MMOs, and dont play any of them for more then 10-15 hours per week, but its nice to know you can log on at any time, and you will be garenteed to

1. be able to log on (in most cases unless the is scheduled server downtime or something)

2. know that you will get the latest content

3. know that there is content being developed all of the time

4. being able to log on and chat to people in guild chat for instance, and just grab a group and do something fun

5. "mostly" have good GM support so if u have a problem you can get it sorted fairly quickly (unless its NCsoft LOL)

all of these points, are what i see as advantages to paying for a game or playing a F2P game most F2P games are lacking in most of these areas

but as the saying goes, you get what you pay for. and if you dont want to pay for an MMO there are plenty of other options out there :)

User Deleted
2/07/08 10:18:57 PM#19

Well I guess it depends for everyone, but for my part, when I check how much it costs me for an hour of fun (and that, pretty much whenever I want), it's pretty cheap.

Exactly.. it's one of the cheapest hobbies there is.

Enforcer71

Novice Member

Live and Learn.. Then Die and forget it all.

2/07/08 10:21:16 PM#20

$10, $15 a month, add that up to a year and thats $120-$180 a year! You could buy 3-5 games for that kind of price. Now, I'm not a big gamer like some of you, but anything more than $10 is a hella lot for me.

I look at it this way, you cant go to a movie for 1 night and not spend $15, where that same $15 will give me a month of gameplay.

Or better yet, its the most entertaining, fun, long distance phone call with a huge party line for $15 a month.. lol

When I first started playing MMO's I wasnt thrilled about the monthly fee but when you sit down and figure it up, it really isnt that much money. To some it could be I guess and no offense intended but if you enjoy the game and what it has to offer you will see its well worth the coin.

Out of every 100 men, 10 should not be there,
80 are nothing but targets, 9 are the real fighters.
Ah, but one, ONE of them is a warrior,
and he will bring the others home.
-Heraclitus 500BC

2 Pages 1 2 » Search