Trending Games | Trove | ArcheAge | Elder Scrolls Online | Marvel Heroes

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,871,498 Users Online:0
Games:744  Posts:6,254,534
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

WAR (Warhammer Online) Forum » General Discussion » How do you think release will affect WoW? (poll) and not a flame war.

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
54 posts found
  butters88

Novice Member

7/08/07 12:13:20 PM#41

well it cant be zero cuz i already left 

But anyways i chose 200k - 600k cuz i know for a fact that many many ppl want more PvP implemented into WoW. And we all know that ain't gonna happen so after 3 moths i'd say roughly 300k people. Although in a way i hope I'm wrong cuz the majority of WoW players are very immature and would probably end of being a pain in the arse anyways.

seabass2003

Novice Member

Why the hell should I work? She''ll just spend all my money on shoes anyways!

7/08/07 1:06:25 PM#42

I think it will only be 50 - 200 thousand because most people waiting for WAR are a)playing games other than WoW or b)are not playing anything and waiting for WAR. Also Blizzard likes to fudge their numbers and use lawyer speak to make people think they have massive numbers.

In America I have bad teeth. If I lived in England my teeth would be perfect.

go4broke

Apprentice Member

7/09/07 10:10:56 AM#43

I think that if Warhammer continues with their ideas of Public questing and less reliance on conventional groups  of tank/healer/dps  you'll see quite number of people leave WOW.

My guild is already talking about it because most of us are sick of the raid raid raid to get anywhere in WOW.

Kelsonmac

Novice Member

7/09/07 10:56:42 AM#44
WAR will not be a WOW killer. Sure, WOW will lose some subs initially, but they will also gain some subs because of WAR. The thing about MMO's is that the community who plays them is always expanding. WAR will likely be the first MMO for thousands of people. They will be curious about other games as well. You can't just go by this community, as we're just a miniscule fraction of the MMO players out there. Anyway, WAR will garner interest in other MMO's as well. I don't think any good, established MMO will see a consistant, long-term drop-offs in subs due to the release of WAR or any other game.

http://aion.24-hrgaming.net

Sturmrabe

Apprentice Member

TO VICTORY OR VALHALLA!

7/09/07 11:49:10 AM#45

Originally posted by Godliest

I believe in second option. WAR and WoW are pretty unlike eachother. Sure, a few from WoW will go over to WAR, but the most of the WoW players will stay. Those who still play WoW are either hardcore raiders or unknowing of WAR. For many WoW is their first mmorpg and they don't know of any other.

Don't expect a big change. Stealing players from a PvE based game to a PvP based one won't be the easiest thing. Especially not since the PvE based game already got a pretty big fanbase.

I honestly think just the opposite, I may be guilty of occasionally saying "WAR=WoW2" but thats usually cause of some rabid WAR fanboi has annoyed me... the truth is when I say that I really think that WAR is everything WoW wanted to be but isn't...

And there are a LOT of people who THOUGHT WoW was a PvP game, but have come to the sad realization of the truth that its just tacked on like the EQX titles(1/2/2.5 [Vanguard]) and those people with rush to WAR without looking back

I think WAR will likely be  a really fun game that will blow WoW away on many levels, but its kinda hamstrung by obvious comparisons (Factions, GFX stylings though I agree Blizz ripped off Warhammer) to really step out of WoW's shadow...

I expect WoW to bleed subs in a flowing gout like a slashed jugular after WAR is gold... I don't think it will "kill" WoW, but unlike any other game out or coming out, it has enough potential to catch on in Asia and take from the same sub base of WoW that if its not the "WoWkilla" it will be the WoW-eye-blackener 

WoW will always be alive for the same reason EQ1 is: some people just arn't going to give up their phat lootz to go to a better game as a noob...

Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

jor8888

Novice Member

7/09/07 1:45:45 PM#46

probably more than before since u cant ebay accounts anymore so more ppl are willing to give up their urber accounts to start fresh.

BryanBoitono

Novice Member

Luck is my middle name. Mind you, my first name is Bad.

7/09/07 2:29:58 PM#47

Warcraft and warhammer both have/had a preexisting fanbase. Allot of the people in WoW are going to stick there just because its warcraft, just like some of us here, me included, are going to warhammer just because its warhammer. Aside from that, Blizzard is a good company, say what you like, but WoW is a good game. The number of people playing it shows how fun it is. I loved wow I just dont have the time or patience to keep upgrading my gear with every new release. Another reason why wow did so good is that they took a page from CoH. There was lots of free updates and releases and they continually looked for balance, whether they achieved it or not. The reason EQ died was due to the expansion of the month game they played, and yes, im aware EQ is still running but its numbers have dwindled to a fraction of what they used to be. I see it going the way of FFXI, the only new characters are alts of someone who already owns the game.
 But untill the game actually launches everything we say is speculative.

I find it kinda funny, I find it kinda sad, The dreams in which I'm dieing are the best I've ever had.

User Deleted
7/09/07 2:42:34 PM#48

I think (and hope) that WAR's (hopeful) success won't come at the cost of any other game, but rather expand the industry and bring in new players the way WoW has done. Sure, WAR will take some from other MMOGs, but those they pull into the genre who don't find WAR their thing might have a try at the other games after their first month or three and thus fill in for the "lost" players.

What people wish and what people expect (and what foundation they have for their expectations), and which of those affect their vote, is another matter.

Sturmrabe

Apprentice Member

TO VICTORY OR VALHALLA!

7/09/07 3:16:50 PM#49
Originally posted by Dreamagram

I think (and hope) that WAR's (hopeful) success won't come at the cost of any other game, but rather expand the industry and bring in new players the way WoW has done. Sure, WAR will take some from other MMOGs, but those they pull into the genre who don't find WAR their thing might have a try at the other games after their first month or three and thus fill in for the "lost" players.

What people wish and what people expect (and what foundation they have for their expectations), and which of those affect their vote, is another matter.

While quite magnanemous of you, its likely that all games released in the year or two will bite into WoW's subs, though I don't expect WAR or any game's sub base to come exclusively from ex-WoWers...

EDIT: and its not like it can't afford to lose a million or two and not be bothered

Of all that is written, I love only what a person has written with his own blood. -Nietzsche

MMO.Maverick

Inquisitor

The middle road is the place to be!

3/05/11 9:57:19 PM#50

Resurrecting a 3 year old thread, just to gloat. Wow...

The ACTUAL size of MMORPG worlds: a comparison list between MMO's

The ease with which predictions are made on these forums:
Fratman: "I'm saying Spring 2012 at the earliest [for TOR release]. Anyone still clinging to 2011 is deluding themself at this point."

Swanea

Apprentice Member

3/05/11 10:07:33 PM#51

I just voted for the "War IS GOD" option.  Do I win?

Dnomsed

Novice Member

"I have no special talent. I am only passionately curious." -Albert Einstein

3/05/11 11:35:47 PM#52

All that really matters is that WoW will never have 1 sub again, mine.  For all its faults and foibles, when WAR pvp (rvr) was good, it was really good.  As bad as WAR may be at times, I'll never debase myself by subbing to WoW again, lol.

Warhammer fanatic since '85.

ormstunga

Advanced Member

stupid is as stupid does

3/06/11 10:37:54 AM#53
Originally posted by Lumster

Originally posted by ormstunga

Originally posted by Lumster

The "kind" of people that were right!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Maybe next time you read and re-read the poll "friend".
I was commenting on that 2mil+ and 200k or less were both ridiculous numbers, and I was to be right most likely. WAR had almost 1mil boxes sold and if you think a big chunk of those didnt come from WoW you were either not around playing MMOs at the time or you just lost it. The poll says "3 months" and by then WAR had not hit rock bottom.
I dont remember this thread ofc but it's always nice to be right. Thanks for pointing me here =)

Now there there, it is ok to be wrong!
You are just grasping for straws man, the "3 months in" thing wasn't important for you at that time, you thought WAR would do much better and you were wrong. Grow up kiddo, we all make mistakes.

Wait so you resurrected this thread to gloat, even tho you are wrong and as it turns out I was right even tho I never did bother to go back and check tbh. And when call on it, you keep acting like somehow you are right and then go on with namecalling? Wow some ppl. So where do we go from here? I predict even more abuse from ppl with 0 reading comprehension.

Yes the game did idd fail. I was there, I quit long before it hit bottom because of the many flaws.

That doesnt change the fact that the poll was there, you misread or misunderstood and wanted to gloat and have no merit.

Mindboggling.

ormstunga

Advanced Member

stupid is as stupid does

3/06/11 10:41:22 AM#54
Originally posted by MMO.Maverick

Gloating is gloating. It remains petty as hell, especially if someone needs to resurrect a 3-4 year old thread to do it and find their fun in trolling/bashing other posters.

IMO

Especially since he has no ground to stand on, it all comes down to him misunderstanding the poll for one reason or the other I dont want to speculate. But instead of just backing off he's gonna pretend like nuffin and raise the stakes and come off looking like an even bigger fool. Oh the joy =)

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search