Trending Games | Pirate101 | Guild Wars 2 | Warhammer 40K: Eternal Crusade | World of Warcraft

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,900,109 Users Online:0
Games:751  Posts:6,269,027
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search
51 posts found
  Nemesis7884

Hard Core Member

8/01/14 11:43:39 PM#41
look for returnofreckoning - private server...it works...only parts of the game are finished so far but they continue working on it...downloading and playing is very simple
  Eridanix

Hard Core Member

As One With Darkness

8/18/14 1:19:02 PM#42

I really liked WAR. It was a blast and I was able to spend hours and hours into pvp with different objectives and enemies; and furthermore, the quality of the game was AAA. Not Asian garbage. It had its flaws and felt sorry when it closed. 

I'm slightly afraid that mythic or EA will not invest not a single dime on bring it back to life. So that, I have joined returningtoreckoning. I'm there with you, guys. I'm just creating my profile and such. 

And about the Vanguard Vets, well, if they miss Vanguard, maybe a good thing to have a dedicated forum on this website for them to join and discuss things. What is bad on it?

It is a question of fangs.

tawess

Elite Member

8/18/14 5:07:59 PM#43
Originally posted by Nemesis7884
look for returnofreckoning - private server...it works...only parts of the game are finished so far but they continue working on it...downloading and playing is very simple

Well... Have they managed to keep the fingers out of the jar of jam...? Because what pretty much always kill these projects for me (apart from mod teams falling apart) is that they go in and "tweak" progression rates... And that never end up well.

Any way... As i said earlier.. It is way to much work to fix for ANYONE to bring it back.

Tomas Soapbox

This have been a good conversation

turlututuhu

Novice Member

8/24/14 6:33:46 PM#44

Bring back Warhammer Online-Age of reckoning for fans.

(first private sever = 15800 menbers)

http://youtu.be/0o5xNWMDwho

http://youtu.be/0o5xNWMDwho
http://youtu.be/fXOMmjLj9G4

Krelian

Advanced Member

My new motto; Nothing worth saying takes less than a giant wall of (kinda)structured text! :D

8/24/14 6:39:05 PM#45
I cant deny the fact that I really enjoyed playing WAR when it was released, both its PVE and PVP portions.
  Gorwe

Elite Member

8/24/14 7:06:36 PM#46
Look, WAR is alive. Just look around and BE PATIENT.

If you ask me, I'd severely change it because I feel that it was a bunch of systems in a single game(no cohesion). Why did PvE players care about RvR? How about true PvPers(scenario players)? How about either RvRers/PvPers about PvE? How about anyone about crafting? Or, Asuryan forbid!, exploration!

See, it was very Ill concieved. I don't tend to think before I act(well mostly), but that is not the way how multimillion deals should be handled. I'll mention it again(what the hell!): google EALouse. And see why did WAR end where it did.
  Nepheth

Hard Core Member

A dream... A dream without regrets.

8/24/14 7:23:04 PM#47

Best mmo I've ever played. I played it till shut down without a break. I miss it soo much...

Playing : Final Fantasy XIV - Guild Wars 2 - Wakfu

Waiting for : The Division - H1Z1 - Elite Dangerous - Warhammer 40K

Legends : Warhammer Online - Knight Online - Guild Wars

Amjoco

Elite Member

8/24/14 7:24:24 PM#48
You guys discussing emulators here are going to be filleted, and then dipped in battery acid!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

syriinx

Advanced Member

8/24/14 8:30:13 PM#49
Originally posted by Krelian
I cant deny the fact that I really enjoyed playing WAR when it was released, both its PVE and PVP portions.

Its a shame it didn't have the PvP expectations that forced the devs to shift focus during development, because the PvE foundation was excellent.  ToK was one of the greatest ideas ever.  The world had character to it, but became wasted when the devs decided to focus on it as a PvP game instead.

Mackaveli44

Novice Member

8/24/14 8:38:02 PM#50
WAR was fun but WAR was also the *most* linear mmo I have ever played to date and I've been playing MMO's nonstop since 1998.  The leveling zones were so narrow, small and linear, it was like walking down a high school hallway.  Just walls super narrow to each each other leading you into another hallway, etc, etc, etc. Even the PvP zones in the middle were the same.    It didnt feel anything like an MMO cause of how linear everything was.
  Tierless

Novice Member

joie de vivre

8/24/14 10:20:43 PM#51

IMO WAR was 1 Xpack and a 3rd faction away from being incredible! Sadly EA got SWTOR and killed all the WAR dev. They should give the code to the internet and let players that loved it help it live on.

mmorpg.com/blogs/Xobdnas

3 Pages « 1 2 3 Search