Trending Games | Marvel Heroes | Elder Scrolls Online | ArcheAge | Star Wars: The Old Republic

Network:  FPSguru RTSguru
Login:  Password:   Remember?  
Show Quick Gamelist Jump to Random Game
Members:2,922,060 Users Online:0
Games:760  Posts:6,315,056
BioWare Mythic
MMORPG | Genre:Fantasy | Status:Cancelled  (est.rel 09/18/08)  | Pub:Electronic Arts
PVP:Yes | Distribution:Download,Retail | Retail Price:$39.99 | Pay Type:Subscription
System Req: PC Mac | ESRB:TOut of date info? Let us know!

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search
52 posts found
  wiscel

Apprentice Member

OP  4/23/14 3:25:07 AM#1
Very disappointed in TESO, GW2, Rift and so on, please bring Warhammer Online back!
  kairel182

Hard Core Member

4/23/14 3:28:00 AM#2

Why?  While I understand the sentiment of wanting a Warhammer MMO, this one was just a travesty.  I was never more excited for any game, ever than WAR.  It needs to be completely scrapped and overhauled, maybe only taking the character models of the Dwarves and Orks as they were simply amazing.

Otherwise, it would be in the same position as before; broken, beaten down and forgotten.  Needs to be someone other than EA publishing and other than Mythic (sadly.)

Gorwe

Elite Member

4/23/14 4:20:17 AM#3
I want another Warhammer mmorpg and I want a Warhammer RPG even more, but...

WAR??? Really? He was sick and dying ever since he emerged. Let him rest in peace. He deserves at least as much after all that EA and, especially, Mythic did to him.
  DMKano

Elite Member

7/04/14 5:35:58 AM#4

Just goes to show you, how different our tastes are.

WAR to me is the worst AAA MMORPG I've played period.

kinart

Novice Member

7/29/14 8:39:23 PM#5

WARHAMMER ONLINE, BEST MMO EVER BY FAR.

It made carebears pvp, and pvpers actually care (for their realm, etc). No other game has accomplished that, to my knowledge, ever (maybe DAoC did as well?)

Chrisbox

Advanced Member

7/29/14 8:40:36 PM#6
I'd play WAR if it came back.  Game was a blast.

Played-Everything
Playing-FFXIV:ARR

The.agG

Hard Core Member

7/29/14 8:42:23 PM#7
I am sure posting here will bring it back.
  DamonVile

Apprentice Member

7/29/14 8:50:58 PM#8
Originally posted by DMKano

Give it a few years here and it will be right in there with SWG as the best game ever made.

tawess

Elite Member

7/29/14 8:53:51 PM#9
Originally posted by wiscel
Very disappointed in TESO, GW2, Rift and so on, please bring Warhammer Online back!

No worries... you just need to convince Games-Workshop to re-negotiate the license with EA, Convince EA it is worth the money and then have them shift devs away form other projects to get it up and running again.

To be honest the game would need so much work that it would rival Final Fantasy. ARR.

To sum it up... Not very much chance of it.

Tomas Soapbox

This have been a good conversation

CommoX

Advanced Member

7/29/14 9:16:52 PM#10

I would like WAR if the brought it back in the essence of the table top.

Every race for itself, loose alliances brokered in some special way throughout the game along Good/Neutral/Evil lines. Keep things three faction, but let the factions shift through this alliance brokerage system.

Example. Dwarves have the best mines in games, getting hammered by green skins and chaos. Faction wide 48 hour poll the Dwarves to ask Empire for a brief alliance (set up in weekly terms.) You help us defeat them, you have access to our mines, tech for defense/offense etc. You earn prestige with Dwarves for fighting with them during battle, allowing you to buy special items (eventually)

Might hurt when one race has a drastic lack of players, but that's where the alliance system would step in. Good and Neutral can help each other, Neutral and Evil can help each other. Good and good, Neutral and Neutral, Evil... you get the idea. Make the neutral guys a group of vagabonds or mixed races from both good and evil as well as some of the more grey armies from WAR.

Add more races, expand racial zones, make everything contestable - beyond a starting area.

Iceman8235

Novice Member

7/29/14 9:29:10 PM#11
WAR was a really good game at heart, it didn't really need additions or changes, they only needed to tune and fix what was already there.  They never got a solid grip on class balance and the servers couldn't handle high density RvR.  I remember my realm spent the entire day pushing into the enemy capital, crashing the server 3-4 times along the way.  We finally pushed into the city in the wee hours of the night to find that the content there was unfinished, presumably because they didn't anticipate anyone getting there that fast , so finishing that content was a low priority.
  Shayyd80

Apprentice Member

7/29/14 9:29:44 PM#12
i thought this game had the perfect balance of pvp and pve. I usually don't pvp in MMO's but in Warhammer i did because it was actually fun and noone was overpowered. At least in the early to mid levels. public quests were great fun because it was new(ish). I'd definitely play Warhammer Online again if they released as it was with some improvements. However... i didn't have anything if at all to complain about Warhammer except for the lack of players in midgame. EA needs to die and go away. They kill their own games. I still like Mythic though. They should never have signed on with EA to publish their games at all. Every non sports game by EA has died with the exception of Dead Space games. 
  The.agG

Hard Core Member

7/29/14 9:30:23 PM#13
Originally posted by DamonVile

Give it a few years here and it will be right in there with SWG as the best game ever made.

Along with Vanguard as well....

Distopia

Drifter

"what a boring life, HATING everything" -Gorilla Biscuits

7/29/14 9:38:18 PM#14
Originally posted by DamonVile

For some it may be, and so what if it is?

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

It is a sign of a defeated man, to attack at ones character in the face of logic and reason- Me

Kyleran

Bitter Vet™

Fools find no pleasure in understanding, but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

7/29/14 10:04:01 PM#15
Originally posted by kinart

WARHAMMER ONLINE, BEST MMO EVER BY FAR.

It made carebears pvp, and pvpers actually care (for their realm, etc). No other game has accomplished that, to my knowledge, ever (maybe DAoC did as well?)

If you had played DAOC, then you would understand why WAR was pretty much a total disappointment to some of us.

No game let me down more, was so expecting DAOC 2, and instead got something so very diffrent.

Wasn't necessarily bad, as many like you enjoyed it, but certainly wasn't what I was looking for.

Arrogant, Condescending, Dismissive, Elitist, "Meany", you speak as if these are bad things?
"People can do with their money what they want. But... that doesn't make it smart" - COORS
"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

JimmyYO

Apprentice Member

7/29/14 10:24:50 PM#16
I was involved with WAR since early beta. The game ran mostly on CEO arrogance more then skilled developers and that's why it ended up being a low quality WoW clone. These games deserve a fiery death not a nostalgic resurrection.
  Fingz

Novice Member

7/29/14 10:25:20 PM#17

Is someone building an emulator for WAR?

I know EQ, SWG, has emulators, heck they are even working on a Vanguard emulator.

Dreamo84

Defender of Worlds

I actually still like MMORPGs

7/29/14 10:34:58 PM#18

I wonder if making a meme and sharing it on Facebook would work... people seem to try that one a lot.

loltacolol

Novice Member

7/29/14 10:49:31 PM#19

Yeah i would really enjoy playing Warhammer agian, everything on the market i have already played and nothing can fill the  RvR hole. 

NymiethePooh

Apprentice Member

7/29/14 10:53:41 PM#20

I liked the core of WAR. I think its biggest stumbling block was that it's version of alternate advancement depended on what everyone in the area was doing. Once that initial rush of new MMO subscribers died down, so did alternate advancement. This did nothing to help incentivize people into staying. Add to that there was quite a bit left undone at launch and development was practically abandoned roughly a year later and you get a disaster.

I am uncertain why the people wanting WAR back (not just a Warhammer themed MMO) take issue with Rift. A lot of the team that developed WAR also developed Rift and implemented some of the better ideas from WAR into Rift.

I blog sometimes. http://kibitzknook.blogspot.com/

3 Pages 1 2 3 » Search